Mfw i show up to my FIRST computer science lesson

>mfw i show up to my FIRST computer science lesson
>mfw expected to already know how to program

jew vs muslim hacker?? who is best?

>Muslim Hacker is trying to blow up society
>Jew Hacker is trying to make billions of dollars

what the fuck? What school? There should be intro courses

In what Language?

>mfw when I show up for my first networking class and I'm the only one who knows the difference between a modem and a router.

I bet you felt special fucking dumbass.

I call BS. Even at top-tier and ivy league schools they assume no knowledge of programming in intro classes, though they do teach at a pace that assumes you can pick it up quickly.

>mfw entire year is worthless as i already spent the past 5 learning alone.

Damn, Reddit, you salty fish. Were you one of the retards that "got into tech" for le epic money and can't get a job because you're literally worse at it than the average pajeet?

Awww is some one bitter because they don't know networking? Actually I felt ashamed of the class since a lot of them said in their introductory posts online they have had prior networking experience. Now run along child, go back to jerking off to your animated 13 year olds.

>mfw when I take my intro Linux class and my professor doesn't explain anything, doesn't do anything on a computer, and expects us already to know dozens of commands

Great fucking class

Tru, literally had my first A level lesson today.

Install Gentoo

Yes I browse le leddit please fuck my asshole

lol

Sorry Sup Forums likes tight assholes, not ones that are prolapsed because of you DP with dragon dildos.

Whatever. You have a small dick. DICKLET

I can't believe that non-autists keep getting tricked into Computer Science and STEM

Do you people even know how behind you are? If you don't have several years of tinkering with electronic or working with the bash shell why are you entering into a university for computer science? Why are you borrowing money, or wasting your father's money, to pretend that you're 'good with computers'?

If you were supposed to be in a computer science program, you'd already have demonstrated an extreme enthusiasm for the subject. You would have learned at least some programming already - if you show up without knowing anything about computer science, they're going to wash you out in the first three years like the dumb cattle that you are.

>implying a person you've never met has a tiny dick
>>>/reddit/

Its OK. Keep denying it faggot

wish i lived around more tech companies or at least companies that need a larger IT staff and not just call center shit actual hands on shit. Everything around me is fucking help desk garbage where Im pretty sure id fuck up cause I suck ass with WORDS at least if they fucking had me running fixing easy shit i could work may way into networking shit. maybe im wrong im probably just a fucking faggot

I sense so much anger from you user, are you mad because a pajeet stole your programming job? :^)

extremely underrated comment

Says the IT tech support fag

Never watched those shows but holy shit

I work help desk for my college, usually it's not that bad, typically we just have pre-written instruction packets you read off of, once you actually get a hang of it you'll have the steps memorized and just spew it out without having to refer to the script.

id probably fuck it up in someway im better with my hands ;)

>IT tech support fag
That may be true, but at least I have a job and don't sit in a basement all day angry at the world. :^)

well, install something on your computer that isn't shitbuntu and when you have an issue there probably won't be a perky gui to help you out

Nah not really, basically it's like this "IT this is user speaking, how may I help you?" then they spew out what their issues are and you walk them through the steps to fix it. Pretty simple.

DELETE THIS NOW!

>tfw first day CS
>professor walks in
>opens up emacs
>stand up
>call him a macfag and walk out

>he can't comeback from that burn
>>>/facebook/

Great job reading the course description OP
Depends, my university has an optional Intro To Programming For People Who Can't Code Before but freshmen usually skip it

>enter programming class
>never made a single program before

why the fuck did you even sign up for it.

Because it's the major with the highest paying job out of a bachelor's.

im interested in learning programming but have a hard time actually "understanding" if that makes sense someone giving me a task to complete or lets me look through a program thats premade lets me look at it. I've taken entry level programming courses only in C++ which was interesting and I did enjoy it but I just cant really think of anything to actually make that could allow me to apply what little i know that would help

>muh money
Enjoy your unemployment.

>first programming course
>its a "here is when you use for loops, here is when you use while loops" subject
>second programming course
>its a "here is when you use for loops, here is when you use while loops" subject
>third programming course
>fourth programming course

I would kill for some real programming. Third year computer engineering and so far the hardest piece of programming has been writing some basic data structures.

Meanwhile in the fucking maths subject:
>first maths course
>its a "heres everything you should have learned in the last 12 years of schooling in a week" subject
>second maths course
>its a "heres everything learned in the last 400 years in a week, now apply it all intuitively"

How's ITT Tech?

Ayy famlmao to be honesto

LOL if money is the only thing you want you'll be disappointed by every thing you do.

Nah man, I'm gonna keep it up here, it is obvious you hate the world, lemme guess Sanders 2016 right?

That would be an improvement. The last exam I did with an IT subject, we got given the questions a week before the exam.

>mfw professor is a poo loo, no one can understand what he's saying and he's a terrible programmer
Why do these retards get hired?

>>first maths course
>>its a "heres everything you should have learned in the last 12 years of schooling in a week" subject
>>second maths course
>>its a "heres everything learned in the last 400 years in a week, now apply it all intuitively"

i also feel like this, fuck math

reddit gold for uo

>not being able to teach yourself
>not having been interested enough in the subject to have previously played with it
>not being up to a difficult challenge
You're in the right feild!

ayyyyyy

In one of my computer engineering courses we were supposed to write an embedded kernel and whiny adults kept complaining so now it's just writing a basic task scheduler, not including any of the data structures involved or register manipulation. Fucking list traversal for 6 months.
I got into this course for low level software and I'm forced to play with resistors and PLCs like a 5 year old.

I actually enjoy this, Math is my only course that isn't painfully slow. The only bad part was that my professor would make the tests ridiculously more hard than the previous material and not provide practice material for obscure problems but test us thoroughly on them.

How exactly is >le ebin hackerman a mudslime?

And how exactly is freeing western society from Jew-run debt slavery a bad thing?

Bullshit. You probably just aren't intelligent enough to understand the basic concepts. Almost every single university that I've ever heard of assumes no programming knowledge for entry level computer science courses. Most do, however, assume some base level of intelligence and possibly familiarity with basic operation of a computer.

what do i do, i bs'd my way past a bunch of math and other courses now i have to take courses on something i know nothing about

...except Rami Malek isn't Muslim. The dude drinks alcohol, so maybe he is, but he sure isn't a good one.

>mfw normie teacher try to tell me my dot bat file isn't a programming language

ok geek squad, shouldnt you be installing antivirus on old men computers or something?

Scripting ain't real programming, kiddo.

ok pajeet

>third mathematics course
>what the fuck is this group shit, how the fuck is it going to...
>oh
>oooh
It really blew my mind when we started expressing regular languages in terms of semirings.

[spoilersong]It didn't prepare me for the mathematical logic course. It was a crazy ride from beginning to end.[/spoilersong]

i have a physics degree and make 100k

>Want to take a CS course because I don't know what else to do and my friends are all telling me they've loved it (they're all in different countries so it's not as if they're all in the same class together)
>Scared I'm gonna be too retarded for it
>Not sure what sort of jobs I'll be able to get after
I'm kind of interested in electronic engineering too, like I'm fascinated by PCBs and want to learn how all that sort of shit works. But I'm not sure what sort of job I could get with that either. I don't know what the fuck to do with my life.

I might be overthinking things though, all the times I've tried learning how to program at home I've given up because I lack the motivation, so I might be better in a classroom environment.

>PhD in Maths
>any job I want
>$300k starting

He's from Egypt dumbass, he's not muslim.

You've won the internet today, sir.

Here, have a Loli.

Majority of egyptians are muslims.

top zozzle

CS or Mechanical Engineering lads?

Art Disciplines

He is """"""""""""""""""""literally"""""""""""""""""" egyptian who are ruled by a party called The Muslim Brotherhood.

he was raised christian

they are very different. im taking MechE and i dont enjoy it very much

Can anyone help me?

If you take "a" CS course you won't get any job offers from it. If you take a PLC programming course you'll be able to get entry level controls positions.

>>mfw expected to already know how to program
no shit, sherlock

you think this is a fucking video game?

>Depends, my university has an optional Intro To Programming For People Who Can't Code Before but freshmen usually skip it
If that's the case it's OPs fault for not signing up for the appropriate class.

>it's an online class

>Even at top-tier and ivy league schools they assume no knowledge of programming in intro classes
not stanford, princeton, or MIT. they don't want you to waste your money on shit you don't need.

Are you retarded?

> i expect my professors to spoonfeed me everything

everyone on Sup Forums, ITT.

GL getting respect

this though. i just vet everyone in my class asking them if they have any experience or interest in the subject. it's pretty obvious in the conversation whether they really care about it, and have projcets/questions (thus, have things in common) or if they're just in it because they heard you can get money (in which case, we may not have much in common, in which case i will cuckhold them at a later time with my metaphorical big dick)

Interesting, thank you.

well, hate to tell you this but ""understanding"" what you learn is kind of the entire point of everything

how's the australian education system treating ya?

Chitanda isn't a fucking loli you idiot she's 17 years old. Kill yourself you dumb motherfucking piece of shit

>want to learn how all that sort of shit works.
protip: you are not going to learn it in university.

if you really, truly, want to learn, download some fucking books right now. else, shut the hell up

>first programming class
>Hello World
>by the end of the semester doing basic database shit
Mine was ok

yeah, i had this experience too. quite disappointing. total waste of money.

i know more than the teacher

> I expect everyone to learn everything without the help of professors, who are paid at least in part to teach
Not all teaching is spoonfeeding my dude.

Well, damn. What sort of jobs could I get with learning that anyway? And wouldn't they want some sort of qualification proof? This is also why I'm a little skeptical of learning shit at home.

My teacher was cool though an EE guy, got me on track for this undergrad research shit

>mfw I show up to my FIRST maths lesson
>mfw expected to already know that 1+1=2

Damn dude you were an advanced little kindergartner

that's pretty advanced, I think I started with counting apples

>undergrad research shit
yeah that's what i want to get into, because i'm so tired of being bored

funny because I bet you go to a better school than me

what school? qut here

shitty state university

ameribro?