Is this the new go to product for absolute value?

Is this the new go to product for absolute value?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhjC_8ai7QA
community.amd.com/thread/202410
videocardz.com/61753/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-specifications-leaked-faster-than-rx-480
community.amd.com/message/2732933
overclock.net/t/1603915/any-official-polaris-threads-coming-soon/350
forum.beyond3d.com/threads/amd-speculation-rumors-and-discussion.56719/page-194
newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202221[/spoiler]
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Where can I still get the 4gb version of this? It seems to be sold out everywhere on newegg and amazon.

no, wait for gtx 1060

If you don't mind frying your mother board yea.

NICE B8 MATTIY

Pretty much. It's somehow able to shit on the 980 in DX12 and more and more DX12 titles are coming out.

Pretty much, can't wait for the 8 pin ones though for overclocking.

Definitely going gigabyte, they've got great qc.

Leave it to AMD to set new lows

I love this meme, can I save it?

untill 1060, so for 2 weeks.

>shitting on the 980
>new lows
k

In my country a non-reference GTX 980 is $50-60 more expensive

Will the 1060 have 8GB o vRAM and only cost $239?

No? Fuck off then.

I'm coming from the official Sup Forums graphics card of 2010/2011, an HD 6950 flashed with 6970 firmware. As someone who is upgrading more because of a desire to modernize and use less electricity rather than a need for more power, is this my best bet?

>vram matters
Yeah the 8GB r9 390x sure destroyed the 6gb 980 ti

>shitting
Truly a product of India.

Not him but I'm actually mad at the 1060 VRAM option if its true.

Most of the games I run in 1440p are usually goes above 3GB of VRAM (Rarely reaching 4)

The fact that the 6GB version will be more expensive than it should be makes me angry

>>vram matters
Good go.... I mean guy. 3GB is all you need, right?

S H I T P O S T
H
I
T
P
O
S
T

You mean like how the 8gb 480 costs more than the 4gb?

For many people, yes.
If 3.5 is enough, then 3 should be fine too.

pajeets better start selling those GPU's.. Too bad they still value them over 300 EUR in my country. If they were 260-270 EUR would have probalby bought one by now..

oh well..

I'm fucking mad at that too.

The 4GB variant cost 288 Dollarinos in my country.
The 8gb is 358. I cannot even make this shit up

Yeah, TPU has it listed as the highest perf/dollar GPU there is.
Probably why Nvidia shills are so man.

No, the 470 is. It OC's to 390 performance making it perfect for 1080p @ $150. Ordering the first non-reference that releases.

No, the RX480 will trigger some system shut downs due to drawing more power from the PCIE slot than the fucking 6 pin.

youtube.com/watch?v=rhjC_8ai7QA

>citation needed

These shit rumors and promises are exactly what made Sup Forums shit on the 480 so much. Fuck off.

AYYMD LMAO

>480 this
>480 that
Are Fermi memes cool again?

Relevant?

>fermi
>cool
Kek

>fermi
>anything but cool

Science Studio
- I should clarify. The only motherboards that will likely experience any issues are those with terrible power delivery integration or boards from ~2006 and earlier featuring PCIe 1.0 and 2.0 revisions. Most modern boards - even the cheap ones - should be fine. Again, my suggestion is (just to be safe): wait for third-party 480s to roll out. Search for the 8-pin and 6-pin x2 cards and opt for those. Thanks for watching!

i love clickbait too

>featuring PCIe 1.0 and 2.0 revisions
aye, AM3+ users BTFO

Still doesn't change the fact that AMD skimped out by not putting in an 8 pin and letting it pull more watts from the PCIE than the external power.

no, a fucking integrated gpu is, dumbass.

>tfw i7 870
Looks like I'll be picking up a 1070 this week.

Sorry AMD. With the PCIe power controversy and the 1060 coming out this month, I'm staying Team Green for another few years.

videocardz.com/61753/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-specifications-leaked-faster-than-rx-480

The average value is what you should be looking at. Those spikes are an artifact of the high-frequency measurement.

>card marketed towards 1080p gaming

>wants more than 4gb vRAM for 1080p

the 8gb vram is literally the cause of the issue. its the extra 4gb which is what uses the extra power.

>doesn't even have DVI

How could I even recommend this with a straight face?

Classic AMD

Lol I'm hoping this PCI shit scares people and RX480 hit ebay for under $200 $170ish and I will buy 2 but this gif is fucking hilarious.

Use an adapter.
No dvi = better airflow.

>promises
An anonymous poster on the internet does not constitute a promise and the shitposting as of late has been trolls trolling trolls.

>DVI
its 2016 gramps.

It's how people interpret it.

It worked for the 480.

fuck yes. just don't get reference.

DP>DVI>everything else

It has DP so it's all good mane

Kek.
Just like how every other GPU in history has done to every motherboard ever

You're an idiot lol. The spikes are what will do damage. Having 20W above the rated value as average is fine, the tracers and VRM are over engineered to be safe and underrated to ensure they don't have to warranty them constantly.
Spikes are what blows tracers and CAPS. And even the 200-something Watt spikes aren't going to damage it at the tiny amperage they use.

I mean it's useful for CF setups because let vram meme but that's about it. It can't run graphics intense enough as a single GPU to need 8GB. At the same time the spikes are a non-issue.
Seriously. Look at the history of GPS and MoBos.

>poorfag card doesn't work on poorfag boards
Brilliant.

What about vr?

add the price of a new MB

you can buy another mobo from the money you save from buying a 970

Samefag

You caught me! XD

Samefag

Kys

an OCed 970 is better value currently. the 480 won't be good until AMD respins to fix the power issues. the card simply requires too much voltage to reach it's advertised clock speeds, so unless AIBs make some 400w frankencards it won't ever be good value.

FUG XD

A single 8 pin and a bigger heatsink would make it a much better buy.

It's actually killing newer motherboards as well

community.amd.com/message/2732933

6 pin and 8 pin can supply the same current. 480 needs two or three connectors, not an 'upgrade' to an 8 pin connector.

No. 8 pin adds 2 ground connectors, increasing power up to 150w instead of 75w.

That would give the rx480 up to 225w available.

>No. 8 pin adds 2 ground connectors, increasing power up to 150w instead of 75w.

that's not how electricity works, the 6 pin connector was originally only rated for 75w because the third 12v pin was optional. every psu manufacturer these days includes it though which means they can delivery the same amount of current safely. good PSUs are overbuilt and can handle the extra load even if you go out of spec as well.

extra ground literally just reduces chances of your pcie connector bursting into flames, it's useless to have the extra ones in practical use cases (which is why 8 pins on gpus are becoming extinct)

Absolutely not. The 1060 is coming out this month and rumor has it that the 480's "weaker" sibling, the 470, has less power draw and can match its performance with a couple of tweaks.

That's technically true, but the card still won't draw 150w from a 6 pin because it shouldn't.

Also cheap psu cables will melt.

It will benefit from 8pin.

yes

Eat shit and die

Heres hoping that it can be uncucked from a 470 to 480

It's a nice card. But if you have the money get yourself something better. Really.

Is it true you can unlock 4gb to 8gb on the rx480?

Yes.

For five more days, maybe.

>As you know, we continuously tune our GPUs in order to maximize their performance within their given power envelopes and the speed of the memory interface, which in this case is an unprecedented 8Gbps for GDDR5.
>Recently, we identified select scenarios where the tuning of some RX 480 boards was not optimal.
>Fortunately, we can adjust the GPU's tuning via software in order to resolve this issue. We are already testing a driver that implements a fix, and we will provide an update to the community on our progress on Tuesday (July 5, 2016).

Drivers will fix it.

At the cost of performance of course, but the reviews are out already so nobody cares.

>unprecedented 8Gbps for GDDR5.
>unprecedented

i killed pcper shil over the card and i will kill it here
have fun paid shills

kek 2 days ago i said
"everyone that has a motherboard better than asrock/asus its fine with this card
turns out i was right lol

>The more dangerous power draw pattern is that which which goes up and down significantly. Causing spikes. The RX 480 doesn't behave this way.
>the RX 480 DOES exhibit that up and down spiking behavior.
>The equipment will pick it up, but it lasts for a very brief amount of time.

That right there is a classic example of moving the goalposts.

would love a nice and constructive rebuttal if you have any

not him but I thought the 390x competed with the non-ti 980.

the only AMD card that demolished its nvidia counterpart is the 380.

I don't want to buy a new mobo because of poo in loos incompetence.

Pardon? Are you trying to say it is anyone's obligation to prove you wrong?

It seems that the presentation of poor logic is never-ending with you.

P.S. You might want to look at PCper's own graphs to see that "dangerous" up and down that you say the 480 doesn't have, especially when it is overclocked as they filtered the readings.

It's pretty obvious now that the extreme clockspeed of Nvidia's 10XX series caught AMD totally off guard so they had to push 480 beyond its limits to make it appear better.
I wouldn't be surprised if an OC 1050 was able to trade blows with RX480.

well as long as you actually find a second to answer then yes

pcper idiotc paper the one that actually instead of showing on the table that the pcie draws 75 watts he just shoved the 12v 66watt and didnt accounted the second rail that is 3.3? showing and while he shows that the cards draws 80 watts?and because of this the result was higher than anyone before?
the card normally draws 10% more from the pcie 75 to 80-84 that toms said
what pcper showed on his table was an increase of 22% 12 % of what it should normally be just because he "mistakenly" didnt included the whole current
that shit is some next level shit posting coming from nvidia's pr site

480 has a base clock of 1080
people already have seen 1487
sapphire said they reached 1600+ on 2 pin setup
>beyond its limits
lel

Stop lying already, the card is out, most people can't get 5% ocs without crashing

have fun readin 36 pages
overclock.net/t/1603915/any-official-polaris-threads-coming-soon/350
have fun reading 44 here
forum.beyond3d.com/threads/amd-speculation-rumors-and-discussion.56719/page-194

im new to all of this so I have a dumb question

[spoiler]newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202221[/spoiler]

Is this card an aftermarket/AIB? Or are those not out yet

It's 300 euro new here and performs about on par with a 970

I'm about to buy a 6 month old used MSI gaming 980ti with warranty for 350 euro. A card that is about 50% faster than a 480

The best products for absolute value are always used products, if you buy them from a good website with a rating system.

>inb4 buying used products

I could easily afford 20 1080's if I wanted to, but that doesn't mean I think it's worth it.

fuck i cant even spoiler tag properly

this is a refrence one the aib ones will come in 1-2 weeks
you can wait a bit

thank you

Sapphire Nitro AIB, est $260 - $280

>well as long as you actually find a second to answer then yes
It is not anyone else's job to prove you wrong.
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof

>pcper idiotc paper the one that actually instead of showing on the table that the pcie draws 75 watts he just shoved the 12v 66watt and didnt accounted the second rail that is 3.3? showing and while he shows that the cards draws 80 watts?and because of this the result was higher than anyone before
Uh, wut? The graphs show 3.3v, 12v and 6pin power draw as well as total draw.
That seems to account for the 3.3v reading. Each is isloated and represented in the graph so the 3.3v was accounted contrary to your claim of "didn't accounted[sic]"

>what pcper showed on his table was an increase of 22% 12 % of what it should normally be just because he "mistakenly" didnt included the whole current
What current was not included? 12v rail, 3.3v rail, and the 6pin. What current was missed?