PCPartpicker thread

r8 and h8 boyz

This is what I call the Black Build. Card is currently a placeholder, going to get a non FE when they become more available this month.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/KDFLD8
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438017
pcpartpicker.com/list/JJzLD8
pcpartpicker.com/list/RyqgLD
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

looks decent, huge case though

What monitor are you running?

>045(You)(OP)
>
>What monitor are you running?
1080p IPS panel atm. Going to grab a 1440p 144hz panel shortly after I build this.

Haven't bought it yet, but this is what I've got planned.

get the phanteks enthoo evolv atx with the tempered glass side panels instead. so much hnnnggg

Finally built my rig after months of scouring /r/buildapcsales. Got the 970 for free from my brother when he upgraded. Amazon fucked up and sent me the UD5-TH motherboard instead of the z170xp-sli, which is awesome because it's WAY better. My only wish is that I wish I would've fallen for the micro-atx or mini-itx meme, the mid tower is too large for my taste. could just be how big the r4 is tho.

>GTX 970
>1000W Power Supply
>Meme 212 EVO
you fucked up senpai

I copped the 1000w for 120 bucks on sale, I wasn't going to turn down that offer. and I love the 970, it chucks most games ultra/high 1440p at around 60 fps. I'm not complaining

It may have been a deal for the 970, but:
1) A single 970 won't be needing that much power
2) Just because you have more watts, doesn't mean your system will run better.
3) You just paid for something that you don't need. You could've gotten a 600w or 750w and saved $50.
3.5) See the number to the left

what's 50 dollars if it means I won't have to buy another one, like, ever? I got a 10 year warranty with Super Flower for this thing. I can SLI two 980 TI's with this thing and run however many expansion cards I want. No limits bruh.

Why would you want 980 Ti's? The 1000-series is starting to roll out.
You're never going to use 1000 Watts. Graphics cards are more power-efficient than they've ever been.

not him but, I don't understand why you waited for a deal to pop up on this when you could have gotten a cheaper PSU AND save money

Please rate, Sup Forums

pcpartpicker.com/list/KDFLD8

with a 30 dollar rebate that brought the PSU up to like 130 dollars.

the 750W is listed at $109: newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438017

it made more sense to throw the extra 21 bucks to get the 10 year warranty and 250W of free power. I'm running this thing in "eco-mode" even under full load. I don't think I fucked up that hard.

SSD is overkill. You'll be fine with 256GB, maybe even 128GB.

I can cop them on the fukken cheap on craigslist because hype fags are gonna start dumping theirs for the 1000 series

Price isn't the only benefit for the 1000 series.

dunno about that other guy, but if you play vidya, stay with 500 gb so you can keep a decent library on the SSD. them quick loading times help a ton in games like GTA V

Can someone recommend me a good budget build? I have a 600 watt psu and want to build a PC but would like to not go over $450 in other parts. Monitor keyboard mouse and os not included in the $450 I set aside for parts

>Founders edition

Read what I said you dumbass bitch

>212

shitty mounting hardware, get a different cooler

>5820k

get a 6800k instead

>goyim edition

wait for AIB cards. blower coolers are shit, 1070 FE doesn't even have the vapor chamber cooler that the 1080 FE comes with.

go for a i3 6100 build, the integrated graphics card will do good 720p gaming

pcpartpicker.com/list/JJzLD8

I want to build a PC for the bf but I have no idea about current cpus, mobos and ram.

I need recommendations on

>Case
>CPU + cooler
>RAM
>Motherboard
>SSD
>PSU

Budget: around 800$, I'll be using a 970 for GPU

>founders edition

Are you a nigger?

Thing is, PSUs work better when they don't exceed by too much the load you mean to use in your everyday use.
Even with a 750 or 800w PSU you can sli the card.
Buying a psu way over your needs is like buying a car with a huge engine and just use it in the city, you will waste much more money on gas than with a small engine car.

Why do you think it's called the black build?
He's going to be on the front cover of Scientific Nigerian soon.

This I want the anthracite grey so bad but it's sold out everywhere in the states.

>GTX 1070 founders edition

>x99 chipset
>quad channel memory support
>2x8GB
Are you trolling?

pcpartpicker.com/list/RyqgLD

Might pick up a 750ti off CL. What are the chances of people selling their 950s for under 100 after the 1060 comes out?

My budget is 350 tendie bucks.

Also, any good 60hz monitors that go for under 100$?

Should I get a better CPU, I'm probably not gonna overclock. If I do, I would probably go up to 4.0Ghz

bruv the 6600k is just 40 more burger bucks

Will I need a cooler with it?

Does it make a difference with say 4x4gb sticks vs 2x8gb sticks?

I mean you might as well if you're spending all that money. Besides its an unlocked processor so why not, you'll maybe want to OC down the line.

I find it rare that someone builds a new system with current-gen i5/i7 and think to themselves, "Damn, this computer would work so much better if only I had bought a better CPU." Build it, use it for a while, and you won't even care about that number.

Disclaimer though my personal system is memecentral. Pic related, Speccy almost has it right edition. RAM is finally correct. GPU is an R9 Nano, not fury. All in an NCase M1. Considering buying a new video card once the dust settles.

Currently deciding on the following:
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB (EVGA SC ACX 3.0)

or

GeForce GTX 1080 8GB (ASUS Turbo)

The EVGA is a little bit more. Any advice, lads?

okey dokey, thanks anons

What you recommend me anons?
6700K or 5820K ¿?¿
I'll use it for a little programming + VMs (1-2 virtual machines at same time i think) and a little gayming when I buy 1070 soon

4x4GB will be faster because there is more bandwidth over quad channel. Most chipsets don't support it but since x99 does might as well use it

Waste of money

Worst build I've seen

Get skylake because Intel has discontinued making CPUs for their other sockets and a upgrade would be possible in 3 years. Nothing else matters however mushkin makes a 1 TB ssd for 200 dollars and just forget the hard drive.

If multiple VMs and gaming is what you want the 5820k is only ~10-15% lower single threaded performance compared to the 6700k. But you get two more cores so in multithreaded performance it makes the 6700k look like a joke.

Plus with 6 cores you can give 1 core to one VM, another core to the second VM, and then still have 4 cores for gaming that are still pretty close to 6700k performance.

Doesn't really matter as much as neckbeards would like to think. Both are good CPUs. It would be more of a choice of platforms. X99 is a nicer platform overall although Z170 has some cool features not found in it, like a native USB-C/3.1 controller or Intel's voice wake thingie. In general, X99 is going to have more potential in just pure power if you are the type of person to actually upgrade your computer (most people who think they are tend to not ever do it; they just do a complete overhaul years down the road).

In terms of gaming , at same clock speed (4.5Ghz per example) , 6700K and 5820K will take the same fps?

(Sry for my english)

It depends on the game.
A game that uses 2-4 cores will see ~15% better performance.
However a game using 6 cores would have a HUGE advantage with the 5820k, 30-50% faster.

Both are top notch and in 95% of games both will get identical framerates because you'll be GPU bottlenecked anyway.

Ok , I understand , so much thanks :D

Looks bretty good

Doesnt the i7 devils canyon still out perform the newer cpu's?

No?

Thanks.

Not him, but what's wrong with SSDs are massive space?

*with

I'm retarded

different user, but my 300 GB hdd is pain in the ass for modern gaming. games take up so much space now you are going to need more than 120 GB, especially with the fact that ssds perform much slower the more full they are. Titanfall alone takes up like 30-50 gigs and thats already an old game. those ultra textures/polys are only going to get bigger.

im always uninstalling games i want to keep just to be able to play new ones.