Speccy

Did my 480 fuck my mobo up? What the hell is going on?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4qfwd4/rx480_fails_pcie_specification/?st=iq4raou5&sh=14f1ea98
youtube.com/watch?v=2HFc6x_AtWs
steamcommunity.com/id/palmdesert/
steamcommunity.com/id/catechol/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>he bought the 480

JESUS CHRIST user GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE ROOM NOW YOUR SHIT IS ABOUT TO BLOW

Is there some sort of issue with them?

ENJOY YOUR FRIED PCI-E SLOT

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4qfwd4/rx480_fails_pcie_specification/?st=iq4raou5&sh=14f1ea98

Post some more pics, I will be monitoring this thread.

>buying XFX
>buying a reference card
>not waiting for aftermarket cards with custom coolers

You were warned. If you weren't, well you are warned now.

If your mobo was fucked it'd stop working
A malfunctioning temperature sensor isn't really a problem

>MSI
not even once

More like
>AMD
not even once

why do you people keep eating Rajeeh's poo? force them to do better or you're going to keep getting garbage

poo in loo

I'm sure it's not a shop, and OP will post some more proof. Unless OP is a faggot.

Mobo temp sensor is nowhere near your PCI-E slot, and no the power plane has nothing to do with it either.

>MSI
>ever

user noooooooooooooooooo youtube.com/watch?v=2HFc6x_AtWs

Oh fuck, it's about to blow!

Strange that the text for the 480 is so much blurrier than the rest of the picture. I guess it must have partially broken your font rendering too. :^)

Yes, its drawing too much power and causing something to heat up.

>t. tech-illiterate Sup Forumstard

use hwmon to find your faulty sensors.

The 480s are breaking mobos worldwide by fucking up PCIe slots. It's a known issue, you must be retarded.

bump

Take out the card and see if you have the same issue. Also AMD will have a driver fix on the July 5th

>he fell for 480 meme

DELETE THIS

>driver fix
moar like driver crippling the performance. enjoy a drop of 20% to reach the desired power state

>It's Housefire Nodrivers meme all over again
When Thermi jokes will become cool again?

Hi guise, first time poster here.

I got the same problem too, lol :^)

No because any decent pci slot can supply more than 75 watts and often does, any overclocked card generally draws more than 75. And if you have 4 cards your mb has to be able to supply 300 watts to pci-e. One pci slot CAN handle 83 watts.

each slot has different wiring baka

Then the individual wiring would get too hot (which practically cant happen) not the north bridge. Unless you use salt water as wiring thats a non issue "baka"

RIP OP, it's too late now, save your family

Don't worry OP, that is a new "feature" of the RX 480, it also doubles as a stove top.

Just put some bacon and eggs on that sucker and cook yourself a delicious breakfast, problem solved.

This thread is a perfect example of the kind of spillover from Sup Forums that populates Sup Forums these days, who can't even spot an extremely obvious and badly-done Photoshop.

What are you implying friend :^)

> he's too fucking lazy to google 'rx480 pcie problem' to confirm that there are fucking issues with it
Classic Sup Forums

If it reached this temperature it would shut down.
Check by yourself if there isn't overheating.

JUST

I've always had hope for AMD, but this 480 bullshit is fucking retarded. How can they fuck up and fail that hard holyshit.
Gonna upgrade this 290 to a 1070 soon.

I think those that are experiencing this PCI-E just aren't pushing the card or power connectors all the way in. I pull 225W across my PCI-E lanes and still runs flawlessly.

75W per slot works fine, the problem is when one slot uses more than 75W

i think your sensor is fucked. to test it yourself open your case and check the temperatures of your mobo with you lips. Lips are very sensitive and can feel the difference between any degrees. I'm a professional. I know what i'm talking about. make pictures so i can see if you make any mistakes and advice you

return the card and RMA your motherboard. if you did any serious gaming in the time you've had the card it's likely already permanently damaged your motherboard and the traces will just degrade over time.

oh no even more problems for our AMD friends to fix :^)

Sup Forums autism machine but w/e

You're all wasting your time, OP will never post in this thread again, he's already dead.

>not waiting for sapphire's custom pcb
>not waiting for the 1060
Mate you dun fucked up.

Is Sapphire the best non-reference AMD brand?

Probably

They make great custom cards. The Nitro is coming very soon.

The 1070 is way to overpriced. That means the 1060 is gonna over preform to firmly surpass the 480. I have a 270x and planning on upgrading to amd zen 8 core, and a nvidia 1060 6gb evga ssc.

pls

The 480 draws more power over PCIe than other cards. Reviewers did not have trouble with this, but it COULD still be the reason so many mobos have problems with them.

Take out the card and use onboard / replace it with another one in case you have one and check temps again.

Also check power draw over PCI in case you know how to do that.

>classic retard
Neo Sup Forums is full of fucking morons.

Lucky day for me, my GPU is usually at 200.

>neo Sup Forums

things that neo Sup Forums retards say:
> >>>/pol
> even though you prove that you are right you are still wrong ()
> > game benchmarks are not a valid way to measure GPU performance

Please leave.

>If I show them how new I am to this board it will replace the 10 seconds of research I should have done in the first place.
Just google "RX480 PCI" for fucks sake.

>calling it a photoshop instead of a speccy fuckup
Are you new?

>game """benchmarks"""
>measure GPU performance
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Let's do some """benchmarks""" on Arkham Knight !

Wow lad. You are digging your hole deeper with every post.
I guess since you didnt know this, Ill educate you:
Almost all mid to high end consumer grade GPUs are made for gaming.
This is why games like "metro: last light" come with their own benchmark tools.
These benchmarks show how the GPU performs running the game (which it was made for) instead of artificial benchmarks like Firestrike, 3DM etc. which give you a number that does not always show you how the GPU will perform at the task it was made for (aka running games)

And no, I was never talking about Arkham Knight or any other ingame benchmark you fucking fool.

For any other questions, just ask me. Also welcome to Sup Forums you can fuck off again.

Hey OP font worry that's normal.
I have an MSI motherboard too and Speccy reports 111 C too. It's a bug. I used Hwinfo later and the real temp was 37. So don't mind the memes, you are fine.

More like warmed

normal day

Heres mine yo.

Your 3xR9 390s probably draw less from the PEG than a single RX 480. Actually, not even probably, the MSI R9 390X draws 50W maximum from the PEG and that's including any momentary power spikes, not just the average. Average is under 40W.

where did 1MB go?! and 970 isn't supposed to have 3584MB?

110 is the magic number for speccy bugs

immigrants stole it

is this a normal temp for a cpu, I'm running with a stock cooler. I have chrome open and really nothing else

No, 70c should be the temps after an hour of heavy gaming, not web browsing, unless you're watching 4k YouTube or similar.

Thermi jokes can't be cooled.

ok, I do keep it in the comportant under my desk but took out the drawer above and the door as well to let some air in

also I'm in a room that is mild temp wise. Think I'll just buy a third party cooler replace the stock one, also take out the dust. Haven't dusted the inside of my PC for a while now.

Shouldn't have fallen for the gamer motherboard meme with shitty VRMs and other components, OP.

Probably needs new thermal paste anyway

>those temperatures
godly tbqh let me suck your dick

I got a workstation motherboard, nice high end VRMs and chokes.

yeah I'll do that obviously as well. Glad I decided to open speccy today, who knows what would have happened if I never caught this.

Thanks senpai, only if you wear a frilly dress though.

That's with my CPU mildly overclocked to 4.0 GHz as well.

gotta get mine down, my cpu runs at 65-70c idle I just found out, 80c+ when playing high graphic games

yeah I'm thinking so to now, :/

Wanna buy me a GTX1080?

I'm super cute. :3c

Sure why not feel free to add me on steam.
steamcommunity.com/id/palmdesert/

I added you!

Uhmm, mind posting your steamid or something? I have too many friend request to find out who you are.

Phenol.

steamcommunity.com/id/catechol/

i feel u bro I have the same issue!

You know to do the pea method with the paste, right?

>penus grp
>read it as penis grip
>kekd

fuck im still 12 years old

yeah that's what I did, I didn't use a ton I know what happens, I haven't had any problems with my pc as of late though. I don't know when this happened, I know at a point it was a good temp, not sure when it got that high.

Temps are fine. OS is fine. Everything is fine. Nothing wrong here.

>reddit

mi'speccy

thankful I didn't upgrade yet
:D

Jesus Christ user

You been scrounging garbage heaps for those drives or something? Jesus fuck, just buy a cheap 2-3tb drive and dump most of them.

Ya I know way to many drives, most of them were free so I took them.

Craigslist actually lol.