/dpt/ daily programming thread

/dpt/ daily programming thread

previous thread What are you working on Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

hbpms.blogspot.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that's a man

worse. that's a nigger

>3DPD
awful thread

rewriting the GNU/Linux kernel in OCaml

>305 posts
What the fuck are you doing?

github link?

Real /dpt/ is here

Is it faster to check if vector has values, or just add and sort?

>dpt.jpg

Thank you OP.

am try python
am make number counter
am going to try make number counter repeat numberchoice() block after done count number
problem though
when upordown variable is of used outside of numberchoice() block it is say that it not defined
I try make upordown global variable
cannot since it is storing input at specific time
wat do

Can you please put /dpt/ in the title so that my filter catches it? Thanks guys.

who is this? she looks like my ex ;-; even wearing the tumblr af choker, except she wasnt remotely into programming.

>/dpt/ isn't even in the title
You really fucked up you idiot.
Guess we need a new thread now.

See But yes, the trapfag is retarded.

just initialize it outside numberchoice and pass it as a parameter to it

what the fuck is with all the time.sleep(1)'s?

his computer is lazy

so that it doesnt all appear on screen at once

Now is that a trap or is it a grill?

>jap locale
stop playing h-games user

>programming thread
the fuck do you tihnk

like so:

def numberchoice(upordown)
# func def

upordown = []
numberchoice(upordown)

#rest of main func

>women
>programming

How much experience and which qualifications did you have for your first programming job.

int main( ) {
cout > endG;
}

why won't this fucking compile? I've tried getting this to compile for 26 fucking days now.

u-uh
it was innocent jrpg's i swear

thanks user
figured another way i could do it is by importing the block from another script each time the counter stopped

I've seen that a few times.

But one of them was a dirtbag smoker and the other one thought she was beautiful by not wearing any makeup. I detest such a thing.
I understand her, but I prefer painted faces. Just like you, it seems, because the face u posted is painted y'know

Repostan:
Anything like this hbpms.blogspot.com/ for someone who wants to learn programming and some computer science? I took several courses during school, but don't know where to go from there.

Are you saying that this linux can run on a computer without windows underneath it, at all ? As in, without a boot disk, without any drivers, and without any services ?

That sounds preposterous to me.

If it were true (and I doubt it), then companies would be selling computers without a windows. This clearly is not happening, so there must be some error in your calculations. I hope you realise that windows is more than just Office ? Its a whole system that runs the computer from start to finish, and that is a very difficult thing to acheive. A lot of people dont realise this.

Microsoft just spent $9 billion and many years to create Vista, so it does not sound reasonable that some new alternative could just snap into existence overnight like that. It would take billions of dollars and a massive effort to achieve. IBM tried, and spent a huge amount of money developing OS/2 but could never keep up with Windows. Apple tried to create their own system for years, but finally gave up recently and moved to Intel and Microsoft.

Its just not possible that a freeware like the Linux could be extended to the point where it runs the entire computer fron start to finish, without using some of the more critical parts of windows. Not possible.

I think you need to re-examine your assumptions.

Where did this copypasta come from?

lol

rapidshare

>int main( ) {
std::cout

I forgot the return value but whatever

What should I learn if I want to get into programming operating systems, cracking / reverse engineer software and just knowing how the inner workings of a pc work (memory, cpu) etc.

I was referenced by some user to assembly. He also said ''you need a lot of strong knowledge in memory and data theory too''

But besides that, where should I start? Been learning c++ for a while if that counts.

If you want to learn about low level stuff like that C++ is a waste of time.
I'd recommend C for starters.

>/dpt/ still stumbling around in the dark
Nothing ever changes.

>being this autistic
>muh 2dpd

The only thing that is not a problem with the following link to a new thread is about the possibility of a new thread in the future. If you have a good idea of what you want to do with it but it is not an option then you will have to do it in the future.

>shit OP image
>3dpd

fuck off.

>being attracted to women
kys

>/dpt/
>not being autistic

fuck off

>kys
Kill yourself.

kys

>kys
Kill yourself.

kys

>kys
Kill yourself.

quality thread guys

I WILL KILL ALL OF YOU IF YOU DON'T STOP SHITTING UP MY DPT MOTHERFUCKERS

These fags turn up and ruin every thread.
I'm confident they don't even know how to program in anything but Java

My brother is taking a python tutorial online and asked me for help. It wanted me to take a string as input and reverse it using a for loop without using the reverse command or ::-1. No idea how to do it, and it makes no practical sense why it would be necessary.

>daily phaggot thread

No you won't. You're going to post angry screeds on Sup Forums, then rub one out to your mouse mat.

>My brother is taking a python tutorial online and asked me for help. It wanted me to take a string as input and reverse it using a for loop without using the reverse command or ::-1.

>No idea how to do it, and it makes no practical sense why it would be necessary.

>No idea how to do it
>it makes no practical sense why it would be necessary.

This is why everyone hates snekfags.
>b-but there's a library for that

RX480 or GTX1060?

Oh god, you're like one of those autistic fucks who get upset when they're asked to solve problems at programming interviews.

Yes, the problem has no practical applications in the real world, but it's to test your thinking and basic grasp of programming, you dumbass.

You're an autistic faggot, but I pity you enough to help. Try this:
def reverse(text):
if len(text)

I just finished making a good unique applications. How do I market the shit out of my software?

>uses the reverse command
You're nearly as autistic as he is.

Indeed. You can't even reverse a string in-place in Python. What a retarded language.

>doesn't know how to read
A real pity

Wow, user. Were you hit on the head as an infant?

It's called recursion, dumbass.

You can with reversed() or ::-1, but the tutorial apparently didn't want that. It's not the language's fault.

If Hilda doesn't make you change your cock sucking ways then I don't know what will user, you are clearly lost.

>fat

Both create a copy of the string,

-
-
where can i find the source code of the python programming language?

looks stupid, desu, but it works. [::-1] would be the pythonic way of doing this

def reverse(text):
result = ''
for i in range(len(text) - 1, -1, -1):
result += text[i]
return text

String moo = "";
String cuck = "java";

for(int i = cuck.length();i > 0;i--)
{
moo += cuck.charAt(i);
}

System.out.println(moo);

My first programming project. I'm writing a script in Python that interprets well-formed-formulas in first order predicate logic with quantification, then I'm going to expand it to cover modal logics. I might try to make a website out of it for shits and giggles

Source?

doesnt work fag

print reverse("abcdef") outputs abcdef

foldl [] $ flip (:)

/dpt/ should start posting pictures or videos of their applications showing what it does and what they are working on. Lets make /dpt/. great again

>quadratic
You're fired!

should be
return result

not
return text

>python
>recursion
kek

not a homework thread, fag

better way
def reverse(text):
result = ''
for i in range(len(text)):
result += text[len(text)-i-1]
return result

I messed up anyway, got the order of the arguments to foldl wrong.

A corrected version should only take linear time, though.

That's linear though

>return text
Where did you learn programming, user?

what is programming?

Integrated graphics?

:(

My way is the best

It's what you see on television.

nice one

Yes. I bled from my head to the floor, I even left bloodstains everywhere.

Now I hate everybody.

Trust me it's not worth sharing

its the same thing you fag
Also
>calling the .length method in each iteration
>calling a method to access array positions

Nothing wrong with either of those things. That is the standard way of doing things in Java

FAGGOT

ok here you go...

>.java
Almost had me user

I love the verbosity of java it's great it is like writing a long Lord Of The Rings novel feels good man

It's my first real script and I haven't even started to optimize it yet so i'm insecure )^:
ebin

That's got nothing to do with predicate logic >:(

def has_errors(val):
if val == true:
return true
else:
return false