RX 480 HOUSEFIRES BRO

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925.msg15438599#msg15438599

Oh look, this thread again.

Is that m5a97 mb

MemeOK! :^)

The alleged 480 issue wouldn't cause a 24-pin connector to go up in smoke. A bad PSU is literally the only thing that would do so.

I thought GPU mining has been retarded for years by now?

I hope he doesn't get his rma. Miners should be allowed to live.

>Triple RX480
>BUTTCOIN MINING
SERVES THEM RIGHT.

It is, which is why the kind of retard who'd buy three 480s to do it are the only ones left trying.

>buttcoin mining with three 480's on a shit mobo

No reaction image for this

Why Radeo's usually used for mining if Geforce usually has much better power efficiency?

Bad DP performance.

didnt even look at the image

>FUCKING
>GPU
>MINING
WHY?

>MY GPU MADE MY MOBO CONNECTOR BURN OUT
No, it didn't.

Buttcoin mining isn't about double precision.
It's just that Nvidia has shit tier compute performance.
Still, VLIW was better at raw number crunching throughput than GCN.

I don't think any the m5a97's have IDE.

Amd cards have always been the best for mining. When CPUs were the go to hardware, and CPUs beat Intel as well

Miners are fucking cancer. AMD designed 480s so miners will fail. Fuck them.

this

AMD had more raw compute power (muh tflops) and were cheap

Significantly more tflops come from some of the features on AMD cards. Nvidia cards removed them for gaming performance and efficiency.

fucking amd

B-b-but muh trolls

SAY IT'S NOT TRUE RAJA-KUN

This wasn't an issue when people were burning cards by the dozen, why it matter now?

You're the retard, GPU mining hasn't been a thing since mid 2014 when mining ASICs became available. A $100 USB ASIC has 10X the performance of even a high end Radeon and consumes a tiny fraction of the power. I was able to build a triple crossfire 290 rig precisely because the guy I bought it from said it cost him more in power to mine than he made

Wanna explain the reasoning behind your statement? You're wrong, but I'm interested in how you got to that conclusion.
A power supply cannot affect how much current is drawn, and damage like that is caused by excessively high current.

Dude, that's the connector. There's nothing to resist. Only thing that would cause that is a short.

Are you retarded? Even a fucking piece of straight wire has resistance. Connectors are the part with most resistance on the path from PSU to power draw. High current draw, which can be caused by a short circuit somewhere on the motherboard by the way, will most likely burn out the part with most resistance on the path there since that's where most power is converted to heat.

Just because it was posted before it doesnt invalidate the truth, idiot.

>amd cards are shit on purpose.
Thanks for admitting

Oh shut up faggot

The connector shouldn't have burned out unless the connection was shit. Motherboard is to blame even if the GPU is pulling a lot of current

i-is that an ide connector?