Case thread. Post cases

Case thread. Post cases.

I'm thinking of putting my pc in a really old case. Is there anywhere I can get them or am I gonna have to go junking? Also, do old cases have issues with airflow? I have a housefire

Godlike Meme tier

I want it so badly. Just need to get a job before they go out of stock

>Inb4 subwoofer

It's like a baby PowerMac G5

Hey, newfriend here, so an ALX is the biggest, Mini ALX is medium, and ITX is smallest. What's ITX mainly optimized for?

>ITX is smallest
Not even close. There's mini ITX, nano ITX, pico ITX, and mobile ITX

I would fill it with oil.

he's late

The shitty forced meme? It he still shitposting that?

ITX are for your living room PC. They are small and usually used for silent builds. There are even ITX mainboards with a CPU built in for lower cost but powerful enough to show 4k video stuff like that. Still, you can make a gsming rig in itx format. The 1070 GTX is available in ITX form factor for example.

the enthoo evolv matx would be perfection but

1) i/o on side and not front
2) no option without dumb glass meme

I bought a HAF 912 on sale for $30 some time in 2011 or 2012, can't remember. No reason to get anything else.

Also STX coming soon, I'm excited for that.

You don't always need an ITX/ short GPU to do a powerful ITX build.
See: Ncase m1 and Dan A4-SFX

I hope I did well with this

>ALX
ATX is what you mean.

MicroATX and mini-ITX are smaller versions based on the ATX form-factor, and upwards compatible with cases designed for the larger versions.

Functionally they are all similar, and can use mostly the same CPUs, RAM, etc. What you tend to lose with the smaller form-factors are things like PCIe and RAM slots, fewer SATA ports and other I/O. That said, if you don't need those extra slots/features, you can build a system with microATX or mini-ITX that's no different performance-wise from an ATX system.

>ITX are for your living room PC. They are small and usually used for silent builds.
This may have been true in the past, but doesn't really apply anymore. You can build a high performance mini-ITX system almost as easily as an ATX system these days. Many mini-ITX cases accept full-size GPUs as well, so short "ITX" cards aren't even needed.

free to a good home
comes with 2 120 fans

switch(x){case 'a': print(x)}