>Excellent push email and messaging
>Data compression worked well
>3-4 day battery life with heavy use

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q6iGe7vuGeQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

android became better and cheaper

lol no gaemz.

No really, this is part of what killed it. Also them being pushover faggots and letting NSA all over that shit. They lost security to fucking Apple of all people. Unforgiviable.

Not to mention the storm being a truly awful phone.

>refused to listen to what users wanted
>kept their heads buried in the sand putting out phones missing the features users wanted
>make goofy ads about how their phones are tools and not toys
>hired Alicia Keys as some brand ambassador or something

The company had really shitty CEOs that thought they knew best , which really was just luck. When it came down to testing their leadership/skills they flopped hard and the company tanked for it.

>They lost security to fucking Apple of all people

youtube.com/watch?v=Q6iGe7vuGeQ

>literally letting poo in loos walk all over your company

I could go on more and more about their missteps.
BBM was the shit, long before imessage, whatsapp and everything else.

They honestly thought keeping BBM to themselves would somehow attract users.
As android and apple took off there were fewer and fewer reasons to use BBM, by the time they decided to release BBM cross platform is was way too late.
Adopting android so late in the game didn't help.

RIM/BB could have made a kick ass android phone with great support , but no.
They had to do things their own stupid way because they were so convinced that BB OS 10 was superior that users could switch over just for that.

Pretty much this.

If BBOS 10 came out in 2009/2010 it would have saved the company

They should have started work as soon as Steve Jobs did the iPhone keynote

they were incapable of marketing to the core niche audience that wanted enterprise grade phones

They could have rebranded Blackberry as the perfect enterprise phone

What could have been...

BB10 is a very solid OS. Not the half-baked 10.2 garbage, but the 10.3 update.

Supposedly an even better update is coming within a month, or two. Not that they should bother anymore, though.

Having just two choices - Apple and Google - is pain.

They didn't wait a few months to release the Priv with an 820.
They are absolute ass at advertising.
They lock their phones down more than Samsung.
They expect to sell as good as Samsung/Apple with high prices.
They didn't give the Priv proper QC for months.
They don't know what people want.

Who knows, but it sucks that they're abandoning their own platform. Best phones with the best OS

They didn't switch to Android and the market changed.
They released the Priv which had no market and thought it would sell.

>they should've switched to Android
But that's exactly why BlackBerry now sucks. The only thing they're good for now is keyboard phones.

The most exciting cellphone released in 2014.

They should've built a new OS off of android. Proper APK support and they could genuinely make a good OS from it. Instead they just bloated Android with BlackBerry features.

They should've stuck with BB10OS.

Nobody supported it, by then all the enterprise shit had already moved to Android and iOS.

That doesn't mean it wasn't a vastly superior OS. The physical keyboard was the only I got my Q10, BB10OS is the main reason I keep using it.

They should have released BB10 OS 5 years ago, if not more. It could have gained some traction back then.

I blame clueless CEOs.

The iPhone happened.

5 years ago BB10OS was what the PlayBook had. It was bad on that and it would've been bad on a phone. Go back just a bit earlier and BlackBerry doesn't even own the OS you're saying they should've released.

Physical keyboards are worse than modern software based keyboards with the right hardware in that form factor, period. The Priv proved that when every single god damned review said that they stopped using the physical keyboard because the on-screen one was easier.

And as for BB10 being superior to Android, it isn't.

Exactly. Berry seems to constantly be at least 3 years behind the curve.

>implying
The Priv's keyboard was absolute ass by any standard. The Passport's is fantastic.

This.

BB used to be the rich guy/cool kid phone. That is why they were relevant. iPhone took over that market completely.

Poor people dont buy BB

>tfw their next flagship is literally a carbon copy of everyone else's, but a few years later
there's even less market for it than the priv

few months*
they aren't that shit

they were relevant because they were the "I want to be taken seriously as a businessman" phone

>Physical keyboards are worse than modern software based keyboards with the right hardware in that form factor
Entirely personal preference. I fucking hate software keyboards with a passion. If you don't like it that's fine, continue using your feedbackless glass slate.
>And as for BB10 being superior to Android, it isn't.
See this is why I haven't filtered you yet. Just when I think you can't get any more retarded, you pull bullshit like this. Normally something like that'd piss me off but the way you pull it off it's pure entertainment.

>And as for BB10 being superior to Android, it isn't.

Subjective.

I have tried (and still have) representatives from 4 OSs: Android, iOS, WinPhone, and BB10 OS. BB10 is, by far, my favorite one, followed by Android. BB10 flows so beautifully, and is an absolute messaging beast. The Hub gives me a chubby every time.

So what? Symbian was still better than android.

Maybe better than Froyo, but that was over a century ago.

Retards for CEOs

One goes out and spend months trying to buy an NHL team, other spends hundreds of millions to rub dicks with Stephen Hawking, all while Steve Jobs is trying to kill them.

How retarded do you have to be?

>mfw I'm the only person in the world with a blackberry PRIV

I'm single handedly keeping the Canadian economy afloat. You're welcome.

How is it? I really want one, but I'm scared that it's shit.

RIM is being propped up by government subsidies, you're doing more harm than good

>BB10 is a very solid OS. Not the half-baked 10.2 garbage, but the 10.3 update.
No. No awesome update is coming. BB is retarded and abandoned their own OS....

Strangely for the past month their dev channel has been pushing native development. It's interesting but I doubt they will release an update.

It's not terrible nor great.

Perfectly average phone. I use the physical keyboard maybe 15% of the time. It's fine.

Some features like double tap to wake are nice.

>Physical keyboards are worse than modern software based keyboards
this is the worst meme of all time

Battery life and heat?

What went wrong?

>slow as fuck
>high launch price
>no native email/contacts/calendar
>no devs, no apps
That's really about it.

>price goes down as capacity goes up

Bull fucking shit I hates that thing with a passion.
>balls expensive
>buggy software
>no apps
>no apps
>have to stand up to take it out of your pocket
>camera cant decide when to focus
>reboots randomly
>no fucking numbers on the physical keyboard

how long till arch phones??