I'm new here
>>roblox is awesome

Do you have a windows 95 iso?

I prefer 98SE.

Winworldpc has some.
The mirrors are slow as fuck tho.

What about the serial keys???

already have it

all the mirrors were down last time I checked (few months ago), so they probably scaled back or whatever
used to be pretty quick, if not amazing

they're also there
and if they weren't, less than one minute of googling would bring up a working 95 serial

cool thanks will post from win 98 asap

Not Win2k last time I checked. Anyone remember Seriall with that horrible green background? It was good for a while then the warez groups took over

winworldpc.com/product/windows-nt-2000

Windows 98 is best 9x

>tfw Voodoo 5500 pci

>Nichijou
excellent taste senpai

help

I already have it senpai~

Why does Win98 have such a comfy aesthetic to it?

consistency

>System requirements for windows 98
>RAM: 16Mb
>Hard Drive space: 120Mb
>CPU: 60Mhz

Sometimes we forget how bloated everything has become.

You can even install it on a 386 with tricks

This made me sniffle.

60Mhz is slow as fuck.
not 600Mhz, which would be half of 1,2GHz
even calculators of today are probably faster than that.

Sometimes we forget how fucking slow things ran back then

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Texas_Instruments_graphing_calculators

wrong

There are 2 on the list that are faster

faster than 60mhz but not 600

A Pentium II at the time was clocked at 333 MHz and was considered high-end for a Windows desktop.

Doom runs fine on my old TI-89 @ 10MHz.

>utorrent

enjoi ur botnet, cuck

there were a lot of 60/66 MHz systems that were only three years old at the time of 98's release

Do I really have to?

Why are we all using 98?
I wanna get my P III machine working again now.

I'm guessing you're all GNU/Linux users and you wanted to raise the odds of getting a blue screen because you like a challenge.

Did I go completely overkill with 320mb RAM on my 600e? It's a 366mhz P-II

Do you know anything about the external floppy drive attachment I have one and can't seem to get it to work.

I've also got the Microsoft Best of Windows Entertainment Pack complete with Pipedream and Chips Crusade and Taipei pretty legit famalam

I just run 128 MB in mine because of autism, it's both an even power of two and a pretty typical size for a high-end laptop around 1999, but it hasn't really stifled me with anything, feels like you get fucked by CPU and RAM speed moreso than anything with most jobs. Haven't had much difficulty shitposting and SSHing into my server while making some diagrams in Visio or fucking around on Excel.

The external floppy drive should be pretty turnkey, did you try sticking the drive itself into the ultrabay to see if it actually worked? I just have to plug mine into the port and go pretty much.

Wait you can do that? I have a separate drivebay floppy and the DVD I didn't know the one that plugs into the side was swappable

>Not installing warship edition

That doesn't sound like a 600E, those only have a single disk bay and the external floppy disk is just an UltraBay drive in an enclosure keyed only for floppy drives.

Sure you don't have a 770Z or A-series?

Well I guess I forgot the A series weren't shipping until the PII was old news, they did release a 3-series with a 366 MHz Celeron though

How can I get the 95 aesthetic on 2010+ windows besides blasting Macintosh+ on my olden Earthquake Multimedia Products 2.0 speakers all day?

Fine, i just won't install it :^)

>using the smiley with a carat nose

>tfw comfy athlon64 3200+ win98 pc

>that horrifying 16-bit kludge on a 64-bit chip
stop trampling my autism before I call the police

Is that the starting rooftop in Duke Nukem 3D?

whats the aesthetic one with the green background? 95 or 98?

>tfw
>there is a website with windows 95 emulation

What does 16-bit color have to do with the CPU architecture?

Been postponing this for so long...

>NT4
>USB
Wait what

You don't need a username here. We're all anonymous.

95, 98
Also 2000 and ME if you haven't installed a display driver

>"rowboat with a shotgun" meme

>download

bu-but i have the install CD already

But it wont run very well at only 4 meg of RAM.

even w95 supports 2 usb ports

You mean Win95C which has really basic USB support, aka it lacks drivers for anything

People are strange

trips confirm

Beautiful

>win95 user
Nuke time!

A number of webcams shipped with generic USB hub drivers that thwarted Microshit's master plan pretty handily.

I don't even know why they bothered gimping it, there were a lot of reasons other than USB support to upgrade to 2000.

the OS, not the color depth

Those requirements were quite a lot for systems that were 4 years older

Windows 10 will install and run just fine on mid-range 2005-era hardware.

Windows 98 will install (with hacks) and crawl on ultra high-end 1988-era hardware.

Windows 10 x86's minimum requirements are about that of a 12-year-old system (2003) on release.

Windows 98's minimum requirements are about that of a 4-year-old system (1994) on release.

Windows 10/NT includes proper networking, security, and stability features.

Windows 98 was a 16-bit abomination with 32-bit extensions lazily grafted on that doesn't even have proper password lock support.

zamunda.net/banan?id=74706&hit=1&t=soft
Here you go

is windows 95 really better than 10?

>Still can't achieve a win98 rice with Xfce
fuck everything

you'd be surprised what you could do with 60MHz, kid

back when you could still delete system32 without any kind of warning or permissions or whatever stopping you

it's 85 better than 10

that's a lot

install fvwm

wait till you try 2003

>using proprietary botnet shit
just theme gnu/linux to look like win95

how? get classic95 and grab colors from screenshots online

nostalgia

>not disabling names clientside to preserve the purity of an anonymous imageboard

By that logic reddit is just as good if you disable names clientside

What if I've already downloaded it? Do I need to kill myself if I don't download it again?

Put XP on it.

Maybe if everyone did.

If more people disable names clientside, then tripfags will get less attention, and less people will use names over time.

>what is google?

ITT: People born after 9/11 try to install operating systems from the 1990s

just bought some zip disquettes
what should I store on them?

60Mhz is enough for basic data transfer. The only reason why we need multicore now is multimedia transcoding takes a buttload of performance power. Having everything from OS shells to web sites run with a shitload of fancy graphics and composing isn't helping either.

The sex scene from Fast Times at Rigemont High.

Her breasts were amazing.

I actually used windows 95 myself senpai. Never installed it though came with a prebuilt compaq pc

My graphing calculator is literally 6MHz.

My calculator's CPU runs at 884KHz

My dad had a Compaq Presario with win3.1 that we gamed on. Before that we had a Commodore 64.

I still use win98 to play old DOS games better than dosbox and many games that don't work at all under modern Windows

clickofdeath.wav

>advanced botnet in an operating system where networking is literally an afterthought

Nope, got a couple new-ish IDE WD drive in there.
None of that OEM Maxtor crap. Good riddance.

I-Is Windows 2000 okay?

I know 2000 is still swiss cheese when it comes to security, but I like playing Half-Life on WON.

Also, I feel that running any 9x series on my laptop (Thinkpad T41) with a 1.4GHz processor is overkill.

Nah, I was suggesting what to store on the Zip disks, because that was an infamous problem with Zip drives back in the day. It was caused by some dickhead managers trying to save half a cent per drive by cutting a foam washer from the design. The washer was a pad to keep the heads from whacking hard into the back of the drive and coming unaligned. Apparently the designers heard about it after a while and told them to put it back in.

Today pretty much all the crap drives are dead, and only good Zip drives remain.

There's nearly no 16-bit code running on a 9x machine, other than to support whatever Windows 3 or DOS programs (or drivers, Win95 goes way out of its way to allow old 16-bit drivers to work because it's actually a properly 32-bit OS) the user wants to run.

95 is pretty well designed. It's still a bit crufty, but most commercial software, particularly of that era was (see: System 7 under the hood, makes Win95 look fucking elegant).

>95 is pretty well designed
Calling Win9x well designed is quite a stretch. It mapped the kernel into all processes' address spaces. Writable. At address zero. Writing to a null pointer is a common bug. Normally it's a protection fault and kills the program, but on Win9x it corrupts random kernel data structures and destabilizes the system.

>There's nearly no 16-bit code running on a 9x machine
9x is built on 16-bit code, it runs on top of DOS 7.x for fucks sake. The 32-bit extensions were definitely above and beyond the average shell, but the operating system and its software base were still very much rooted in 16-bit software. Remember how incompatible NT was with everything, or how awful the Pentium Pro was in the consumer space with its lackluster 16-bit performance?