So Polaris was shit, but I dont really care because im an enthusiast

So Polaris was shit, but I dont really care because im an enthusiast

Vega will offer an alternative to the 1080, right? AMD cant possibly fuck up 6 times in a row.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127901
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think you understimate the ability of AMD to fuck up everything

They have to stop eventually
I mean how else are they not bankrupt yet

The 7970 was a beast of a card but that was 4 years ago now :(

Vega will use 25W, and allow you to play Witcher 3 on 165FPS on 8K x3.

And if it does not, please blame AMD, and do not look back at your own overinflated expectations.

america's anti-monopoly laws keep them afloat

>Overinflated expectations
It took AMD 2 years to match the performance of Nvidia's midrange GPU, meanwhile Pascal has allowed Nvidia to start offering the performance of a fucking 980ti for $400, meanwhile the 1080 btfos the 980ti and Titan X in terms of performance.
No matter how you look at it, Polaris is a fucking flop.

AMD is so retarded that they fucked up Zen's USB3 support

I'm hoping AMD will provide something at least as good as the 1080. The market's been without competition at the top end for too long now. I don't honestly care who comes out on top, as long as AMD or Nvidia or a hypothetical third party are pushing each other to do better. This is the same reason I'm hoping Zen will be all it's hyped up to be.
Unfortunately, AMD has been fairly consistent in making big promises and then failing to deliver, so I'm keeping my expectations low.

The problem is that you have no idea what you're talking about.
Polaris10 is about trying to do more with less so the die is as cheap to produce as possible. Its not a showcase of ultimate perf/watt and peak performance for the segment.
Its 32 ROPs, the Hawaii/Grenada die GPUs have 64. Thats why its clocked so high, not because 4th gen GCN is a high clocking arch, it has the exact same pipeline of all other GCN variants, its a factory OC card to make up for the lower pixel throughput of the less complex die.

Though I'm sure you're just going to shitpost anyway.

Quote one piece of information that you have to support this point.

>excuses
you can still buy a 970 for the same price and OC it to the point where it BTFOs the 480 in performance

why cant you just admit that AMD is incompetent instead of making excuses for them?

>$200 mid-range GPU is mid-range
>matches performance of previous gen's $330 card
>this is an OUTRAGE!

Nvidias about to release a $200 midrange GPU with the performance of a 980

they actually push tech forward

Good for nVidia. We will see the performance when it drops.

>shitposting exactly as expected
Posting simple facts isn't making excuses. The die was made to be as cheap as possible so they'd have margins high enough to be worthwhile for a GPU selling at a $200 price point.

Consoles

Intel probably sends over employees to make alright products and gives AMD under the table money at the point. Otherwise the Feds would split Intel into a thousand AT&T sized chunks. American Government and capitalism at work!

come on man, they are a fucking dissapointment. they can't even into price undercutting, since you can get a 970 for cheaper.

there's a 980 on newegg for $315 usd right now.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127901

970 MSRP is $290. 480 MSRP is $200.

v-vega is going to give us 1080ti performance for 2/4 of the price.. r-right you guys?
i-it's gonna be an amazing card haha.. right you guys?.. Just like Zen, it's not gonna be shit right, please tell me AMD isn't at least going to fuck up that one..right? ;_;

>AMD cant possibly fuck up 6 times in a row

Definitely not. Never. Please no.

Both of them are selling for $250 now, basically no difference between a 480 and 970

I wouldn't buy the 970 over the 480. The 480 is simply newer and has more ram.
If you want to go with nvidia, simply wait until the 1060 comes out sometime this month.

>>>matching a craigslist bottom bin 970 at all and not just trading blows
>>>> degree VRMs don't matter if they're high capacity and beat a 960
>implying
: ^ )

The 8GB 480 is $240-250 depending on where you purchase it.
The 970 is 2-4GB
3.5GB of which is available at full speed, the last 0.5GB is gimped and nigh useless.
Don't get me wrong, the 970 is a good card, it's just not as good as the 4GB 480 @ $190-215

To add on the better comparison to the RX 480 cards will be the 1050 and 1060 cards when they release.
Till then quit bitching.

A 480 being 1050 tier is just plain sad. We're not talking a 460x or something, but a 480. This is some of the best AMD has to offer in the 400 series lineup and it's a giant belly flop.

The only reason to go AMD is if you don't have more than a 480 budget, run exclusively Windows, and find one particular model and brand's card that has the best price/performance as usual, which isn't even worth the cost savings when you consider how hot the thing is.

There is also a 80 ti from zotac for 399 and eBay dumbasses are still trying to sell used for 500+

*980 ti

>AMD cant possibly fuck up 6 times in a row
explain

>AMD cant possibly fuck up 6 times in a row.
Heh

>A 480 being 1050 tier

>Wait for Vishera!
>Wait for Steamroller/Excavator!
>Wait for Hawaii!
>Wait for Fiji!
>Wait for Polaris!
If Zen or Vega are shit then AMD has basically had a track record of doing nothing but fucking up for the past 5 years

Too bad they saved some pennies on the second 6 pin.

AMD fags sure love to wait forever

Tripfag got it right

Hawaii is more powerful than any kepler card and GM204

Steamroller is good for its purpose (APUs)

Polaris is good to

Thanks for confirming how much of a shill you are

The 480 isn't top tier, it's midrange. Right down the center at 200 dollars. It's likely and will stick to their new naming scheme introduced by the fury/fury x, with their enthusiast card having a unique name to differentiate it from the rest of the line up.

That's pure speculation, of course, but just because the 280x was low-high range at the time doesn't mean the 480 is in the same class. After all, that card launched at 300+, and even the outgoing 380x wasn't meant to be considered in the same class.

tfw Sup Forums is basically pajeets scavenging e-waste ITT

pic related: it's an AMDfag trying to find the new ati cards

>Pointing out the fact that AMD is garbage means you're from Sup Forums

>Less efficient
>Less fast
>More noisy
>Damages hardware
>IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU MUST BE FROM Sup Forums
Never change, pajeet shills.

you don't know what you are talking about that is what tells me your from Sup Forums
now fuck off

you fucking write like a streetshitter lmfao

fuck off shitskin

>AMD cant possibly fuck up 6 times in a row.

>these are the guys that created the 480 house fire

This is why I refuse to recycle my old parts, I honestly couldn't bear the idea of mud-flinging sub-humans touching my stuff.

That image triggers me.

I would buy a 970 over a 480 simply because it doesn't have power issues. They are the same price, but the 970 is way more reliable.

Also the 970 is way easier to buy, the 480 is sold out everywhere.

why would you ever consider a reference card

N/v/idiot shills belong on Sup Forums

for the same reason idiots were buying the "founders edition" because fanboys are dumb

but how is not having a fried motherboard an overinflated expectation

stop repeating memes you dumb Sup Forumsirgin

nice shitpost

>this poorfag again

Can Intel just buy RTG and fund them to make vega/navi good? thanks

>le if you dont have shit nvidia cuck card ur poor EX DEEE
you seriously belong on Sup Forums