Sup Forums do you like android ?

Sup Forums do you like android ?
I love android
Can't picture using anything else on my mobile phone
CM13 specifically

I'm allowed to indulge in this circlejerk. I've been using a Windows Phone for 2.5 years and I've finally got an Android handset on order. My enthusiasm is not blind corporate worship. I paid my dues and I will soon love that little green robot, damn it.

Its a good feel
That robot let's me use my phone like a damn computer that happens to be a phone

Vs a limited appliance that apple made

Its good, its the only alternative to ios that actually has something to offer and it is better at a lot of things.

I like it, i mean, its pretty good, but the only good phones are from samsung, google and xiaomi.

HTC phones used to be pretty solid, what went wrong?

Also, I've ordered a k6000 pro. What am I in for? I just wanted the battery life

Nothing. HTC phones are still good. More developer friendly too.

>k6000
should've bought the k10000 instead

you can use it as a personal defense weapon

>What am I in for?
No updates.

Honestly, people. For most of you, your phone is your most sensitive device. You should not accept walking around with known vulnerabilities indefinitely.

Had an iPhone for a while until I realised I was using a device which was infuriatingly designed to NOT be able to do certain things which were well within its technical capabilities. FUCK that. I couldn't think of a bigger slap in the face to the owner of an $800 device. That being said the play store is an absolute dumpster fire in comparison to the iOS equivalent.

I'm also not a fan of how Google has slowly but surely corrupted the FOSS aspect of Android, but I still couldn't be happier that the dominant mobile device platform is open source. I wish the same thing had happened with desktop :/

They do get updates though? According to several reviews and their facebook page.

I'm not expecting 2 years support though on a phone that's a sixth the price of a flagship though, but if that's the only issue then I'm happy.

Lower specs, much too heavy and chunky to be practical.

Really? Sup Forums shits on HTC so much though. My HTC desire s was a really solid phone, haven't tried their newer stuff though

Any updates it does get will never bring it up-to-date. Might as well shove a colander in your pocket.

You sound like you'd be fun at parties

>parties
fucking normies

Have an Android phone now, and while it gets the job done, absolutely everything about the user experience is inferior to iOS.

>comparing a $50 zte to an iPhone
Autism.

Did you even try a custom launcher?

Explain further??? My friends say iPhones are better than Samsung phones because they are faster, are you as dumb as they are?

I think I'm good on the updates

I know this feel. I used a 920 for 3 years. Fuck that OS.

What phone?

4yr old note II on Verizon unlimited data

>Kernel version 3.0
I've always wondered, does Cyanogenmod backport all relevant security fixes? I'd guess no, and I don't blame them.

This situation has me annoyed more than anything else in Android. Google themselves never bumps the kernel version in Nexus devices, presumably because making all the blobs play nice is a lot of work, and simply backporting fixes to an EOL'd kernel makes regressions less likely.

Blobs should clearly be outright outlawed. They evidently play a huge part in making perfectly fine hardware obsolete, putting society at risk due to lacking security updates and contributing to electronic waste, as people replace their devices more often than they should have to.

>can't name a single thing

It's the only option these days. Unlike Microshat and Applel, Jewgle has at least allowed us to use custom versions of Android. If that option goes then I'll just stop using smartphones all together.

Sadly owning an iPhone ruined the android experience for me completely. So no.