Hi Sup Forums

Hi Sup Forums

Do you think this kind of external fan could help cool down my laptop?

They're supposed to be clipped on the fan vents to help extract hot air.

Has anyone ever tried them?

P.S: STAY YOUR HAND! No need to rant about other ways to cool the laptop, I've installed a new fan and cleaned out dirt and shit, the laptop isn't overheating I'm just looking for ways to make it cooler in this hot summer.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dell_Inspiron
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A larger pad which sits beneath your laptop and blows up into the intake vents would probably be better. I've actually seen those work quite well myself a couple different times.

Stop buying the best spec per dollar laptop in future and actually purchase something with decent build quality.

Just prop up the hinge edge of the laptop with bottlecaps and point a cheap walmart fan at the vent.

I have those cooler master fan where the laptop sit above the fan, and that didn't really do shit. Maybe this one would work better but i dunno

OP here, I actually have this one, they help a bit but not much, I primarily use it because I place the laptop on my bed a lot and it helps keep a good air intake

Thanks for shitposting, but this is a 4 year old Dell inspiron 5521 that can still run games like Fallout 4 smoothly, I'd say it's good quality.

>GAYMING
>ON A FUCKING LAPTOP

>I'm just looking for ways to make it cooler in this hot summer.
Why?

Where do you live? Are you trying to tell us it's so hot that it is outside of the designed temperature range!?

strong bad > strong cool

>because I place the laptop on my bed a lot
There is no device on the market which will ever accommodate willful misuse to this extent. You're trying to put a band-aid on a wound which you're intentionally carving.

Do not use your laptop right on a bed. Don't even place it there. Get a fucking lapdesk or something.

I use pretty heavy duty laptops for work when I travel and I have to say, those fans are just not enough. Iv yet to find a solution that isnt jus taking sure I am constantly blasting it with cold AC.

>The Dell Inspiron is a computer product line produced by Dell as a range of laptop computers targeted at entry-level consumers.

You bought a cheap entry level machine with good specs and are surprised when it is shit. Stop buying consumer crap if you want decent build quality.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dell_Inspiron

This,

Though be aware that it will get the fan and heatsink filled with dust a lot faster, at least in my experience.

have it
does jack shit

only pic related really werks™

oh and your "sucker" OP is loud af
if i was at my place i would have given you a webm
pure junk

>falling for the laptop fan meme

Thanks, could you post one later?

this will solve your laptop's heat, dust and fan noise problems in 2 minutes, with no special software needed. it's easy, it's free, and it works for ever.

no im out of town for a while
but i can assure you its noisy as an old blender and does not lower temp at all

>not living in california.
you wouldn't understand

I had to use the same method to prevent my laptop from auto shutting off from overheating in 100% CPU usage.