>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use buyers template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

corus-kb.com/en/pok3r/28-poker-3-pbt-iso-nordic-alu-casing-black-version.html#/38-switches_type-cherry_mx_clear
keyclack.com/product/diy-sleeved-keyboard-usb-kit/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looking for a DIY keyboard kit, around £100. ISO layout. any suggestions?

>mfw cherry reds
I love it, it's like being violated and given ice cream at the same time.

Are red Gaterons a good alternative to blacks if they aren't an option? I'll be mostly using them for writing/programming.

Whats the cutest (mabey cheapest) keyboard around 60% that i can just slap on some miami caps and call it a day.

Royal Kludge RK61 is really cheap, but has kailh switches.
KBP V60 is the next best option. It has cherry switches.

Whats the deal with kaihl switches?

Looking for a good RGB gaming keyboard. The corsair k70 rapid-fire and the Strafe look pretty appealing. Anything better please tell me, I'm in the market.

They're both shit (as is any mech from corsair). Get a Ducky Shine 5.

I've been hearing some really nice stuffy from the Ducky Shine, I'll look into it. Thanks!

>RGB gaming keyboard
bad

CM Masterkey

How long did it take to be reading Nipponese comfortably? How is your hhkb progressing?

Why would anyone want LED back lit boards? Just learn to touch type.

Or don't type in the dark! Bad for your peepers

Linears are pretty bad for typing, get gateron blues (clicky) or cherry clears (tactile)

>Linears are pretty bad for typing
Care to elaborate? I'm having a hard time imagining them being bad, since I've been okay with membranes/scissors all my life.

I'd get blues like I always wanted to, but I'm afraid of them being too loud in case I have to bring my keyboard with me to a quiet public place.
And I ain't building two keyboards with different switches or buying cherry switches, both of those options are out of my budget.

Really? 'Cause I love linear for typing.

they arent bad that guy has just fallen for the marketing scam that they are gaming switches.

i far prefer even my cherry blacks over my gateron blues

anyway get yellows if black are not an option, they are like blacks but with lower bottoming out force

>they are like blacks but with lower bottoming out force
Oh, I for some reason thought they had higher bottom out force than blacks. I looked it up and indeed they are actually 5g lighter.
Thanks, user, I'll definitely consider them.

It took me about three months of studying daily before I could even read easy manga and understand to the most part what's going on.

Being able to comfortably read it about half a year or so. More difficult shit after a year. It's been about two and a half years since I started now, but I mainly just watch raw anime and read manga now.

HHKB is coming along well, got a red control key to match the spacebar and lubed the stems. Maybe I'll pick up a realforce in Japan and swap the 55g domes with the 45 ones in the HHKB.
Or just use the realforce, I don't having arrow keys.

What does /mkg/ think of logitech's Romer-G switches? Would appreciate if someone made a point on why they're bad or not rather than a "they're shit"

can you not buy separate domes for them?
ive been considering getting a hhkb but i fear 45g may be too light :/

>can you not buy separate domes for them?
Not that I knew of, most people don't bother swapping domes since you can just buy a keyboard with heavier domes if you like.

>IBM model M
>Das Keyboard
Checking in

but hhkb only comes in 45g right?
i want it over other topre boards for the cool layout

post pictures faggot

>but hhkb only comes in 45g right?
Ye.

I don't mind light switches (got 35g clears around here), but I came from cherry clears to Topre, and even though I was used to heavy switches I had no problem getting used to Topre. Quite the opposite actually, I prefer things on the lighter side now.

Is there a store where I can buy three things at one: Gaterons, DIY sleeved cable kit, 2u Costar/Cherry stabilizer kit?
I've found two stores that sell 2 out of these 3 items with low prices, but they both have 15$ shipping, so I can't order from them both.

>Budget = Location (continent at least) => EU-Spain
>Preferred switch type => MX Black-Brown-Blue
>Layout => Don't know
>Form factor => 100%
>Backlight => Doesn't matter to me
>Previous/current keyboards => Cheap Keyboards

>Bought a 30 pound Outemu Blue Magicforce 68 on recommendation of general
>Makes all my cherry Red gayming boards feel like shit
>Makes my Cherry Blue coolermaster board feel inferior, quiet and no feedback
why china why

Ducky One is cheap and in your budget
Literally any coolermaster board

but they really are shit.....

Can someone tell me the brand of this keyboard? I love the layout.

Also, does anyone know of a keyboard base with this layout that's backlit?

its a tenkeyless in ansi layout

they are incredibly common

Are brown switches a safe pick for my first mechanical keyboard? My current kb is a sidewinder with scissor switches, any advice is much appreciated

not brows they are not going to feel like you expect

what should I go with then? If it helps I do gayme as well

Gayming never helped anybody.

Sounds like reds or blues could be your jam.

what are you fucking dumb?

i feel like specific gaymer switches are a meme unless you do something very specific in which case you need to decide for yourself

switches are completley subjective but i would recommend going with reds/blacks/clears or something

I have reds and blues, Reds are far superior in Gayms but Blues are godly compared to reds in typing. Why not just get both, get 2 cheap boards (thats what I did, an Outemu blue Magicforce and a Gayming Red Coolermaster)

I bought a ducky and a few of the keys repeat with one press, also had kne that wouldn't register at all until i mashed the hell out ofof about 100 times.

Aside from those annoyances it feels good

fn + 1 then fn + 5

Its only certain keys, i tried adjusting the repeat settings but it did nothing to those specific keys. ( they're all letter keys in a shared adjustment zone)

Has anyone used a TG3 from ebay? They're dirt cheap and I'm in the market for a small board.

>Budget
100-150€
>Location (continent at least)
Finland
>Preferred switch type
MX Clear
>Layout
ISO, preferably with FI/SWE layout or at least German layout
>Form factor
Tenkeyless
>Backlight
fuck no
>Previous/current keyboards
literally 15€ K120

If you can deal with the flat key layout and height honestly there's nothing sub $100 that can compete. They're all completely outclassed. Honestly they probably are the best sub $150 keyboard as well. Just the weight of such a small stock keyboard can tell you the whole story.

Thanks for the input, I really like the looks of this board and god it's cheap. Any suggestions for rubber feet since it doesn't come with any?

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll look into it, any reasons why browns weren't suggested at all?

Stop putting "meme" or "memes" into the description you fucking fag.

they are marketed as a tactile switch but are barley tactile at all. so when you type on them they just feel like red's with some dirt in them

make me

>Budget
~150€

>Location (continent at least)
Finland

>Preferred switch type
Cherry MX Clear/Brown

>Layout
ISO Nordic

>Form factor
60%

>Backlight
I don't really care

>Previous/current keyboards
Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Blue)

corus-kb.com/en/pok3r/28-poker-3-pbt-iso-nordic-alu-casing-black-version.html#/38-switches_type-cherry_mx_clear

get clears and not browns, finn

Is that a Model M?

Model M SSK

Thanks

I drunk bought a cherry blue keyboard for work. Am I going to piss my co-workers off?

ye

Memes

Why is it such a pain to find a TKL Gateron red keyboard? That Magicforce would be nice if it had function keys.

Thanks,

that is the keyboard I have had my eyes on for quite a while.

What's the point of those non-english characters?

Anyone got any experience with the Kailh switches? How do they compare to Cherry?

they had a point on the typewriter they came off of

Huh, that's cool.

the GMK set is supposed to mimic the look of the typewriter with the US INTL sub legends

i got both sets of modifiers

pexon cable ordered 6/19 still not arrived yet

>601 KB, 606x459
?????

???????????????

God damn, black keys need to be cleaned so much more than white ones

I got an electric typewriter for free today on our local craigslist equivalent, I better go check if the keycaps can be pulled, but i doubt it.

That's PNG for yah

yeh it's a model m industrial ssk

I ordered 4 cables 6/14. They still haven't arrived.

I also sent Pexon 3 emails. He hasn't answered any of them.

I think Pexon stole my fucking money. I'm probably gonna contact Paypal later.

I know the site says custom cables take 15 days in the 'workshop'

So 6/19 + 15 = 7/4

Plus shipping time from UK to US (for me at least)

Im still holding out hope I guess...

Are clear cherry any good?

Nice, I've just started to learn. Got my hiragana down and moving onto katakana on monday. Am mostly using the info from the DJT over on Sup Forums.

It's very early days but I am having a lot of fun.

What were the first mangas you read?

I love my browns, plus some o-rings they are a real pleasure to use.

It's a small firm, and they get shit loads of work. Your single cable is low priority, this is explained on their site. Chill out.

see

A fucking sleeved cable doesn't take 15 days to make. I know Pexon probably has a fuckton of orders. But a cable should take a couple of hours at max. My guess is that Pexon is a lazy piece of shit rolling in dough. His cables look fantastic but fuck him for being a jew.

Are Noppoo Choc Mini shit? Really tempted to buy one, but not sure about the odd layout.

>I also sent Pexon 3 emails. He hasn't answered any of them.
this is bad to hear, because I really need to contact him about a headphone cable I ordered not too long ago which is going to shit
>pic related

Since you're talking about cables, has anyone bought sleeved cables from keyclack.com ? They have both DIY kits and fully assmebled ones.
I'm debating whether I should trust them with my money or not.
keyclack.com/product/diy-sleeved-keyboard-usb-kit/

Yes, direct upgrade from browns.

>DATE PURCHASED
>March 2016

>DROP STATUS
>ORDER PLACED WITH THE VENDOR

i'm not sure if this is on massdrop's end or what, but it's the only experience I have with their cables

FWIW, it's not just me that has problems contacting Pexon. Several people have told that he's hard to reach, for whatever reason.

>Implying the backlighting is for typing.

Is that for the 1976 cable?
That's not great, famalam. I should just tune down my autism and get a normal cable on Ebay.

Holy shit that looks bad, what happened to it?

Good point, autists seem to like using it also.

damn, that's really too bad

yup
to be fair he got in a car accident at some point during then, but it's been over a month since his "i'm feeling better" post, and is 2 weeks behind on when he said we could expect another update.

just general use, I really don't know. it's been only about 3-4 months.

I thought paracord was supposed to be more durable.

different user, but...
I can mostly touch type as long as I get my hands centered properly. So why do I like having a backlight on a keyboard? It's because it can help me find my hands on the keyboard when I sit down, and also for ambient lighting. With that being said though, I keep my ambient lighting in the family of reds, to help contrast from the blue from the monitor, and the wall color. I keep the LEDs in my peripherals and out of my PC though.

First for Pulse

I have never used a mechanical keyboard, but I bought a Filco Majestouch 2 today for about $160. Did I fuck up?