There are people browsing this board...

>there are people browsing this board, who really think that running an operating system with disabled updates is a good idea

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MxgTmM-7rm0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>there are people browsing this board, who really think that running an operating system that has no games is a good idea

tfw windows can run text hookers to help you learn japanese off visual novels

>There are people on this board who lost their way to

Games are technology.
Deal w/ it autismo ;^)

>there are people on this board, who really think you have to disable updates to avoid Windows 10
Are people so daft they don't realize turning off recommended updates is enough? I mean for extra piece-of-mind you can also choose to install updates manually.

Anyone who just straight-up turns off updates is retarded or a pirate.

>no cowadoody, battlefail and shark cards V means no games
kys

>I only play obscure indie trash for hipsters
kek'd

>retarded or a pirate
same thing

>running an operating system made by a company you don't like

Nice meme. Any actual arguments?

So you spent 400$ on a winblows license?

i payed 25 burger bucks for the last one i bought

>implying

Gosh, maybe it's the fact that these poorly tested updates can break your system worse than actual malware from time to time. Not to mention "tinfoilhatters" thinking thinking they also install spyware. Funny thing here is THEY WERE PROVEN RIGHT.

MS solution: fire the QA team and let peasants do the testing for them forced!

youtube.com/watch?v=MxgTmM-7rm0
Song unrelated but if you have a decent av, what's the problem?

What's the deal with Windows 10, I haven't seen a single reason to leave my w7 for w10 except DX12 for future games.

And dont tell me its faster, it fucking isn't. If you run on SSD, it doesn't matter if some exaggerated graph shows it is.

I absolutely hate getting used to a new os, and seeing how retarded that ui is I wont.

Why are people defending it so much?

>what is wine?

But user, I play Tekken 3 and Doom all the time!

>Why are people defending it so much?
maybe they're all shills

Win 10: have a dick up your ass, it's free!

Stop baiting and go back to playing your dating sims

It's better than leaving them on and giving MS the keys to your machine.

It's enough if you trust MS. But I don't trust MS, so it's not enough. I would not put it past them to hide something evil in a security update.

5 euro bucks here
I have also disabled updates, fite me irl

>responding to absolute low-tier bait
9gak is the perfect place for you

Using fresh Vista SP2 with updates disabled here and very comfy, it has all I need for now and the GUI is better.

As much as I prefer windows, this is a shit argument

The updates don't do anything good. Why should I have them turned on, retard?

the start button stopped working on win10, wat do?

fuck windows 10, it runs every game I tried a lot slower here (amd 6300 + 750ti), there will be no dx120only game for a long time, I plan to become a xpfag, people will laugh in 5 years but I will still use Windows 7

NEVER upgrade just for the sake of it, and much less to an OS that just came out, its a golden rule.

By the time you have no choice at least it will be more polished.

And I'm telling you right now, I'm staying on 7 and if the day comes it becomes too obsolete, hello Linux + wine again, fuck M$ and their post-7 bloatware garbage.

I don't get why people would defend it especially if they are on an SSD. Constantly rewriting shit, constantly draining bandwidth, not being able to have full control over updates.

The last one is particularly important, because it seems no one is old enough to remember why you do manual updates and how bad Microsoft has fucked up in the past. People seem to assume they just can't fuck up again.

I don't think people over the age of 18 play video games

Yes, yes. We know you're out of touch.

Not realizing half of all computers on the Internet use win 7, and the support will be there for years to come

Install a better OS

They just recently released a troubleshooting to fix that. I have not witnessed it work EVEN ONCE.

>troubleshooting TOOL

You can thank microsoft for that. Including tracking in updates and fucking with the patches to hide it further is what led to it.

>caring about that instead of caring about productivity

Only linuxtards think that

Come at me.

Qt boi, post boipucci

That visual style though

There are people here who use windows for stuff other than games and use it as their general purpose machine.

Just get a older machine or thinkpad+docking bay for Linux and a kvm

Then you don't give a fuck about the botnet

>there are people on this board who still can't grasp the concept of dual booting operating system & that there are people who treat windows as nothing more than a steambox

People have been talking about Direct X 12 games for years I'm starting to think it's not going to happen.

That's not enough. Windows 10 updates are now marked with reccommended and important.

Problem?

This is literally what I did. I don't even visit websites on Windows. And I really can't be bothered to have it update for hours on end when I can just use my Linux install for work and browsing, which just works ootb.

Post specs faggot.

I'd do this but I play games for very short bursts, like 10 minutes of wow sometimes, 30mins of a steam game others, quite frequently and so swapping to the other OS would be so much hassle I just stick to winblows

Dualbooting is a pain, I just have two computers and a kvm.

I ran XP without updating for about 5 years.

There are no arguments in the OP

Most of Sup Forums uses a Linux distro which never gets updates so

>have windows 7
>install only Important updates
>never tells me to upgrade to windows 10
>see threads saying "update KBXXXX" is bad
>look for it on my computer
>not even installed
just don't install recommended updates and you're fine

i don't believe you

>5 euro
how?

a fucking pain in the ass!

The windows 10 is marked reccomended
The telemetry spyshit is marked important.
Fucking google it

then get out of your basement
games are normie-tier for ages

Puss off...some of us are still using XP and getting along just fine.

Windows Update, as in the platform itself, is complete and utter dogshit. It rapes your disk I/O and bandwidth, runs a service constantly in the background, creates 3-4 gigabyte temporary folders just to change a few files, and bloats your installation up beyond reason. It's why re-releasing the OS and major MS products with integrated service packs became a thing to begin with, because people didn't want to go through the process of updating each fucking system they have from the ground up, hoping that not a single update fucks up in the process and bricks the whole database.

Also, 90% of "recommended" or "critical" or "security" updates are utter dogshit. It's always obscure garbage like a buffer overflow on specific Windows Server configurations can be used to crash the printer driver WHEN you have the XPS Viewer and Windows Journal and Notepad running at the same time. Having updates enabled automatically and restarting your machine multiple times per week for inane crap is just wasteful. The actual important security/stability updates, of which there are EXTREMELY few of can be installed manually, or avoided entirely with some common sense and by not using any of the built-in applications to do your work. If you get a custom image viewer, text editor, office suite, adblocker, don't print anything and don't open dodgy executables from the internet, no fucking Windows security exploit will ever affect you.

And even then, if you're a big enough moron to get your computer infected with a keylogger or ransomware, Windows security updates won't help you. Malicious programs can always just ASK you.