Making a Sup Forums app for macOS / iOS, thoughts?

hey anons,

working on this app in my free time. is this something people are interested in? what do you use to read Sup Forums?

> inb4 "I use a Sup Forumsrowser

Other urls found in this thread:

ipastore.me/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Use a browser.

What do you have implemented at the moment? And clearly the design needs to be redone

Don't bother with iOS; Apple will not allow it into the App Store. Other Sup Forums apps were banned years ago.

Clover,Dashchan and Chanu are the most used Sup Forums apps with Clover being the most popular

There is also Mini, Chanobol and a few others

I'd be interested user, I use browser but I'd be willing to use a good app.

why would it be any better than a browser? straight away I see that the board list wastes a lot of space when a drop down makes more sense, and it doesn't look like you can have multiple threads open at a time

maybe that design would work on an ipad, but on desktop it's silly

>for OS X
Why? Browsers are a thing.
>for iOS
Only jailbreak users will be able to use it. Nothing wrong with using a browser anyway.

Fortune is already quite a nice Sup Forums app for iOS.

Not sure if it's possible to sideload if you're not jailbroken.

So dont do Sup Forums browser. Make a generic imageboard browser. Then just let user to enter server address.

Is there an open image board API that works across all sites? If not, it'll just be a generic WebKit view, in which case you might as well just use a browser.

The goal is to circumvent appstore policy, not make it usable with any imageboard.

I sideloaded Fortune, but the app was severely crippled. It would crash if you tried to post. It required some library that was only available to jailbreakers that I couldn't be fucked to try to fix.

Do the colors in the board list have any significance?

OP here. They're randomly generated by board title. Code's not great, but it does yield unique colors. I'll probably tune it. This runs on iOS too - themes the whole app.

Thanks for the feedback. Desktop UI is kind of lacking at the moment due to the amount of space the boards list takes up. If you make the app narrow enough, it'll go one-column (like a Twitter client) which feels a bit better. Maybe if I make the widths adjustable? Wanted it to feel like Mail.app.

Prepare to get rejected because Apple is a bunch of puritans

i've sideloaded 1.4.4, works great except you need to turn off the "Blur app switcher" or else it will crash.

>Making a Sup Forums app for macOS / iOS, thoughts?
yeah, don't make it
we got enough pissphone shitposters already who post "image.gaypeg"

Those colors are quite hideous user, not sure how you picked them but 10/10 would not use just because of the colors

I really like the way the ui is structured. You should make the boardlist take up a lot less space though and have the width of threadlist/threadview be adjustable.
Also, download all attachments and configurable slideshow functions would be neat, I guess.

Not really feeling the colours so much though.

is there no iOS alternative to f-droid?

>he calls a software an app
off yourself

>Sup Forums browser for macOS

I'd pay for it. $10 even, I've used this site all my life.

Do you need a logo?

>tfw no more burger-chan
What has happened to this user? ;_:

If it has webm support you will be a savior!

It would be nice to have something outside of a browser but I doubt I'd care to use it unless it had vertical thread tabs, posting support and reply notifications.

JUST MAKE WEBMS WORK YOU PIECE OF SHIT

I'd be interested too user, also you can port the iOS app to W10, both desktop and Mobile with project centennial if you are interested.

You mean like a web browser?

/thread

Well I've thought about working on a xamarin forms Sup Forums app using that c# Sup Forums lib a fellow gentooman wrote, the only problem is I know it would never be allowed on any app stores and 2/3 mobile platforms can't sideload so it's kind of pointless...

This. Though I barely bother with 4chins on phone because typing on phone and having a small screen is just too annoying.

Seeing the screenshot, you should definitely make the boards thing smaller. And the font.

make it free as in freedom
GPLv3 for gentoo life

There's no point in making a Sup Forums app if the experience is identical to the mobile site.

is there a TUI imageboard browser yet? preferably not just restricted to Sup Forums

overchan (for android) has compatibility with lots of imageboards, though i'm not sure if it's compatibility for that specific site or for its software

Will it be available for ios7?

you can sideload it using xcode

It looks like ass

I have sideloaded 1.4.1 and I have blurred app switcher

Try to downgrade if you need it

Iphone 6s+ 9.3.2

>overchan
>compatible to many Chan's aside from e i g h t o Chan
>compatible
wew

Try sideloading fortune you can get it with ipastore sideloading service

Fortune has webm support

I only use browser on phone, tried the others like clover and it lost something in translation. Srsly these kids need everything to be beautiful now, spoon fed ios drivel their entire lives. I'd prefer the raw feel of the browser.

OK BUT PORT IT TO MAVERICKS
like with the skeumorph ui elements

A desktop app seems horribly unnecessary. I get that on iOS it would be pretty handy as using Sup Forums beyond just reading is a pain in the ass on an iPhone, but good luck with getting it to the app store. Hint: It won't make it.

Looks cool OP. I like the titlebar action.

I use a Surface so I wrote my own app and even made a few bucks off it. If you like using your app better than using the website, I'm sure others will feel the same way! Customer #1 should be yourself!

Yes please port it so that older versions of OS X can use it. El crapitan sucks from my experience using it.

And open source with no ads

We have sideloading services like ipastore.me/

They won't let you publish it afaik. They don't like Sup Forums. I was thinking about making one too, but didn't think it'd be accepted. What you could do to get around that, I think, is release the source, so people compile it themselves in xcode. Apple let's you dig that free. I think that's how you get Kodi on non jailbroken devices.

If you go that route and were going to charge for the app, put ads in/a btc donation button. I think you'll get something that way if the App Store route doesn't work.

>tfw windows UWP Sup Forums app never ever
I'd actually pay for it

This is hideous user.

Why? Sup Forums's mobile site is tailored to ios users.

I didn't know /gd/ existed until this post

alright everybody thanks for comments. I'm going to keep working on it and then maybe release a beta we'll see. currently it supports reading threads, opening attachments (webm support coming soon). the iOS app is the most full featured - it can fav boards and threads for coming back to later.

it also runs on tvOS, but I don't think anyone will really browse Sup Forums on their apple tv...

If only somebody would port Clover to Windows Phone. I still think it is the best app for Sup Forums ever.

I was actually looking into making a Win10 UWP app, based on porting Clover over, but fuck no time.

Currently freelancing for $50ish per hour on some huge ass WPF project with crazy deadlines. I'll probably accumulate a nice pile of cash in the next 2 months and probably go to some 3rd world country to the seaside (Croatia off season looks tempting) and work on this. Would be a fun project to do properly on UWP.

How do you plan to add WebM support? Ive tried doing it with a few of my apps by AVKit doesnt support WebM

How hard is to make an app for macOS

How does this work?

p.s. had Apple beaten the jailbreakers finally?