256GB micro SD thread

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, IT'S ABOUT TIME.

Are you going to buy one right now or wait until black friday?

Price is kinda steep. Oh well, you get what you pay for. This baby goes up to 90MB/s write and uses V-NAND.

Other urls found in this thread:

gizmodo.com/samsungs-16tb-ssd-is-now-an-actual-thing-people-can-buy-1762536707
amazon.com/MIXZA-Shark-Memory-Smartphone-Tablet/dp/B01H522MCE
amazon.com/MIXZA-Shark-Memory-Smartphone-Tablet/dp/B01H522L0C
amazon.com/MIXZA-Shark-Memory-Smartphone-Tablet/dp/B01H522JSG
amazon.com/ZTE-Warp-Elite-Contract-Phone/dp/B0163800S4
youtube.com/watch?v=lIdNoSB69PI
youtube.com/watch?v=XLJQMjIcE0Q
pc3000flash.com/solbase/monochips.php?lang=eng
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>128GB for $39.99
Maybe if the 256GB were $79.99

Remember when people in 2008 thought 2TB microsd cards were on the horizon?

Samshit is going balls out with the 256GB card. Sure the 128GB version is only $79 but only has a write speed of up to 20MB/s.

Anyway I hope we see it drop close to $150 on black friday, I really want to buy one but fuck that price cuts me deep.

>Remember when people in 2008 thought 2TB microsd cards were on the horizon?
Yeah, the future is pretty unpredictable. We do have 128GB microsd cards for around $30 now, so we got that which is nice.

>229.99
it will be $40 in a year

>it will be $40 in a year
A 90MB/s write card? Doubt it. Maybe in 2-3 years when the 320 and 400 GB microsd cards come out.

>that price

Still cheaper than getting a high capacity storage iPhone. Does apple even make 256GB iPhones?

>90MB

lol, that's abysmal

yeah it's cheaper because it's slow as shit and sucks

>lol, that's abysmal
I'd call that fucking overkill to be honest. You can transfer a 2GB 1080p yify movie on $30 128GB microsd cards in less than 2 minutes (20MB/s). This card reduces that to just ~20 seconds.

While iPhones do have fast internal NAND, it's pretty pointless and includes problems in pic related.

no thanks I'll stick with my 400 MB/s internal storage

I agree, and have the same opinion about iPhones. But still, the micro SD will get much cheaper in a few months, and I don't see a reason to buy it immediately. I don't even know how someone would fill over 30Gb on their phone.

>slow as shit and sucks
>90MB/s write speed and V-NAND based
Are you fucking retarded?

>no thanks I'll stick with my 400 MB/s internal storage
see

Amazing, it can't even saturate GbE.

>Amazing, it can't even saturate GbE.
I'm curious, what practical use do you think this would have?

What practical use does high throughput storage have? Are you serious?

From the same niggas that torrent shit on fucking cell phones?

>From the same niggas that torrent shit on fucking cell phones?
Very few people have connections faster than 720Mbps and currently even popular yify torrents with many seeders will download at a max of about 10-20Mbps.

>You can transfer a 2GB 1080p yify movie
Why do you have a yify movie on your hdd in the first place?

sdxc supports upto 2tb

>Why do you have a yify movie on your hdd in the first place?
They actually look good enough on phones.

Yup though I get a feeling we'll jump straight to UHS-II around 512GB microsd cards. Though UHS-I cards may still be produced up to 2TB for those on a budget.

>phone
>needing more than 8GB

Please stop, I can't post the same image twice.

>"I don't need it therefore nobody does"
k

>8GB
I think you meant 32. In my experiences anything less was a pain in the ass because it filled in a week and took constant management to use the phone.

>128GB for $39.99
Didn't realise they were that cheap at all.

Should I be concerned?

Those are fake you dumbass. Why would you get a chink microsd card in the first place? Do you have a fetish for wasting money or something?

Are Sandisk and Samsung the only two companies worth buying from then? In terms of micro sds?

no chink sd cards are fine if u get the ones with the cute sharks

pretty much and only from reputable retailers like Best Buy or Amazon. I hear Patriot is an okay microsd card brand too but I never owned one from them.

Fuck off you shill. I lost a shitload of data in weeks because of that chinkshit shark card. In hindsight I should have backup up my shit because you do get what you pay for after all.

>being anti-YIFY
Take your own advice, faggot.

>downloading a movie smaller than 25GB
>ever
Disgusting.
What you doing here? Go back to /soc/.

It'll be cheap by years end. Every time a new capacity is released the price is high until they can work out the manufacturing bugs and increase production.

I have a 128 PNY microsd card and it works great, didn't even know they were based in NJ

>not stealing the 1TB lossless raw video files used during movie production
>ever
Disgusting.
What you doing here? Go back to /soc/.

>video
>lossless

>pissphone shill
is that you?

People watch movies on their phones? Fuck off normie.

hmmm? Anyway shark cards are fucking shit, deeply regret every buying one.

Not sure what this pissphone shill meme is, I'm not the only one who has had data vanish weeks after using a shark card. Name brand microsd cards or go bust, fuck that chinkshit.

>People watch movies on their phones? Fuck off normie.
Oh right I forgot, Sup Forums prefers having a bulky 2005 laptop give them 3rd degree thigh and scrotum burns while playing their children's cartoon movies in MVP after spending weeks configuring it.

How can they pack that much memory in such a small space?

>>>/reddit/

V-NAND

Samshit has already been able to pack 16TB on a laptop 2.5" SSD drive.

gizmodo.com/samsungs-16tb-ssd-is-now-an-actual-thing-people-can-buy-1762536707

V-NAND is absolutely insane

>5K burgers
>SAS
>SAS to SATA too big for notebook anyway
Damn it.

that's great. i LOVE losing 256GB worth of data in one shot

inb4 it's gigabits :^)

Meanwhile a 32GB vita memory card still costs $60.

Fucking Sony.

ahahahahahahha

nah bro get em

>muh v-nand

I don't need this much storage on my phone and $229.99 for 256 GB is a bit much, especially when 128 GB is $39.99

I think the point was more that YIFY doesn't necessarily have the best quality releases

Eh, there's always some premium with the top card.
$120 maybe?

ur a faget

No, i don't watch cartoons or movies and my music is in glorious Opus.

Wait fuck it's SAS?
Shit.

Is that MIUI? Also is 96kbps opus a recommended bitrate?

No, it's stock HTC Sense 7.

Yeah 96 is good, i use 128kbps though but 96 is transparent already.

wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Opus

That's just because the only market with enough money to blow on it right now is enterprise.

Costs will come down and a consumer version will eventually be made. Although laptops are transitioning to m.2 for space efficiency and optional pcie.

bump

And what are you going to do with that? Store all that media that you can just stream anyways?

>And what are you going to do with that? Store all that media that you can just stream anyways?
Wow, so you get unlimited high speed LTE at 1Gbps 24/7 everywhere you go? What's your mobile carrier? They sound like pretty cool guys.

>downloading movies more than 2gb
Please explain

didnt sandisk or sony do these last year or some shit?

coulda sworn i saw a sandisk on amazon last year with 256gb

They are. Looking at ETA 2020 for those.

Pretty sure that was a 200GB one.

It's times like these that I'm very grateful I didn't fall for the iPhone meme.

Might get one on black friday if price drops below $200.

Because the quality loss at that size would be so high you may as well just download the audio.

>320 & 400
SD card capacities follow powers of 2, and a 512GB micro sd is coming out this month from microdia

>SD card capacities follow powers of 2, and a 512GB micro sd is coming out this month from microdia
They used to but going to higher capacities has recently become extremely difficult. Sandisk pushed out that 200GB microsd card sweating rivers. Microdia are a bunch of quacks, they said they would be releasing that 512GB microsd card in 2015 and they haven't fucking delivered shit.

"look guys a 200GB MICRO FUCKING SD CARD OMG LOOK, IT IS 500 BUCKS"

They go for 60 burgers now

When the microdia 512's hit the market the 256 ones will go down in price.

Flash storage is cheap.

Totally legit.

Had my 128gb fry last night for no random reason. I don't like this man .. so much storage to spend so much time transferring shit only for it to die on instant. We need bigger more reliable cards.

Stop buying chinkshit. You get what you pay for, remember that.

>tfw no 256gb shark

Fuck off with this shitty meme. These cards are extremely dangerous because of how shitty that onboard controller is. Data loss has ranged from days to weeks with these pieces of shit.

STAY AWAY FROM CHINKSHIT MICROSD CARDS AT ALL COSTS

But my shark has been working as internal storage since months on an encrypted device with daily writes :^)

see

Thank you Mr. Wang, 12 yen have been deposited into your account.

I believe this post because it has evidence that it is true and all the other reviews are fake for some reason.

You're welcome.

I'd buy a "legit" microSD but i don't want to pay $100 in international shipping fees.

Why? Microsd cards die after 2-3 weeks of intensive I/O.

It get's even more alarming.

amazon.com/MIXZA-Shark-Memory-Smartphone-Tablet/dp/B01H522MCE
amazon.com/MIXZA-Shark-Memory-Smartphone-Tablet/dp/B01H522L0C
amazon.com/MIXZA-Shark-Memory-Smartphone-Tablet/dp/B01H522JSG

All of those cards above used to have a reviews and a 4 star rating and now they've suddenly disappeared.

>your Moto G only has 8GB of storage and doesn't have a MicroSD slot

I wish I weren't such a poorfrog.

You stupid fuck it's Sandisk on Amazon

Kinda want for my 256gb mbp ):

>Remember when people in 2008 thought 2TB microsd cards were on the horizon?
they were.

2tb sd chips have been made, sadly they're milking the gigabyte for as much as they can before going up to terrabytes

>Why? Microsd cards die after 2-3 weeks of intensive I/O.
This used to be true for 128-512MB microsd cards. We're not in 2010 anymore though. Modern micro sd cards have hundres of times more storage space and global wear leveling algorithms in their controllers. People have been using RPs with 128GB Samsung microsd cards as servers since forever and have had 0 problems.

There is still hope for you lad

amazon.com/ZTE-Warp-Elite-Contract-Phone/dp/B0163800S4

That phone has 2GB of RAM and a SDXC micro sd slot which will support up to 2TB micro sd cards. I'ts nearly $70, lowest price I've seen it so far.

Bullfucking shit my Rasperry Pi 1 and 2 burned 5 microsd cards by simply writing logs to them. 2 weeks and your fancy branded 32 gb card is dead. Fuck that. I use SSD over USB now.

Why would you buy sharks if you're from the US anyway? you get plenty of "brand" things dirt cheap with free shipping from Amazon.

If you want to look for shark reviews go to Aliexpress, Gearbest or some shop that has free worldwide shipping where buying sharks is the best bang for your buck for non-US fagets that don't buy from Amazon.

>And what are you going to do with that? Store all that media that you can just stream anyways?

GAMES.

Modern smartphones and tablets are now exponentially more powerful than the PS Vita and Nintendo 3DS. We can expect more console-tier games to come to mobile platforms, and these games will most likely not be small in size.

youtube.com/watch?v=lIdNoSB69PI

youtube.com/watch?v=XLJQMjIcE0Q

>Bullfucking shit my Rasperry Pi 1 and 2 burned 5 microsd cards by simply writing logs to them. 2 weeks and your fancy branded 32 gb card is dead. Fuck that. I use SSD over USB now.
I wasn't talking about chinkshit 32GB microsd cards. I was talking about Samsung 128GB microsd cards which have one of the best controllers and quality NAND out there.

>If you want to look for shark reviews go to Aliexpress, Gearbest or some shop that has free worldwide shipping where buying sharks is the best bang for your buck for non-US fagets that don't buy from Amazon.
Those places are filled to the brim with fake reviews. Listen, Amazon deleted those chinkshit shark card reviews. Something is very wrong with them if their company is paying to write positive reviews about them and like 100 crying anons with corrupted or lost data on their shark card can attest to that.

Yea doesn't matter on a small device. Better off downloading a quality dvdrip though IMO rarbg or the like. Hell most DVD rips look great on my two panny plasmas.

pc3000flash.com/solbase/monochips.php?lang=eng

Free tip from an expert. Check out if you can even recover data from your microsd. Most Sandisks are impossible to recover hence the low card price and high as fuck recovery cost.