Man how am i going to make mone-

>Man how am i going to make mone-
>I have distributed your funds while you were excreting waste so that you would be a millionaire.
>Oh...
>I should go find a hobby
>no need i have already made a list of areas you excel at given the personality assessments i've performed while you were masturbating to chinese cartoons
>oh...
>hey can you help me with th-
>I have already finished the task during your sleep
>Oh...

will this be our future? i feel worried that machines are going to be better at everything than us and at some point, they'll just debate on whether we should even be kept around as anything beyond relics of a past, as living monuments.

thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

engadget.com/2016/06/29/ai-laywer-shoots-down-160000-parking-tickets/
youtube.com/watch?v=IIKDScpYgYM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you won't live enough to experience any of this

Machines are already better at everything than us, if you program a machine to do someone's job, they will be better at it, 100% of the time, it's just figuring out the logic behind someone's work. But of course we will never give the machines the power of control over their own lives, they won't be sentient and they will be slaves.

>at everything than us
even consciousness?

That will never happen.

>Machines are already better at everything than us
singularity fags ACTUALLY believe this

Jobs.

show me a machine that can do the job of a lawyer, surgeon, fireman or police officer

>robots will be better than man at work

Not if the workers own the means of production.

>it's just figuring out the logic behind someone's work.

Lawyers are super easy to do, they don't even need to have a physical body.

Surgeons are basically just human assisted machines and will just be machines in the future as they are less prone to mistakes.

The rest are physically demanding jobs and when we figure out the physical aspect of robots, there's nothing stopping them from doing simple jobs like a police officer or a fireman.

sure, but you said they were ALREADY better at EVERYTHING. you were wrong.

no

Nah, they are.

>gangster no1

What about love? ᶘ ͡°ᴥ͡°ᶅ

refer to also that's what current efforts for firemen robots look like. you are delusional

>you are delusional
Okay, yeah I'm delusional :V

we wouldnt bother mass producing machines to do things if they werent already better than us at doing them you fucking retarded faggot

There is evidence that you are delusional. That evidence has been presented in this thread. You appear to be unable to present a counterargument.

as an attorney, I can assure you of two things:

1.) you have no idea what a lawyer actually does

2.) at least in the US, you're going to have to do away with the constitution (due process) if you want to employ automation anywhere near criminal justice.

engadget.com/2016/06/29/ai-laywer-shoots-down-160000-parking-tickets/

Once you have sentient AI, it would really boil down to whether they deify us, or simply see us as parents. In any polytheistic belief system the deities aren't really expected to have intelligence beyond their realm of expertise, and even then there are deities that act like reckless children.

I would be more concerned about the interplay of AIs between competing political states as they will learn to be increasingly cunning and ruthless, and in the AIs fighting among themselves they will develop strategies for conflict that are entirely beyond comprehension to human beings.

I think it would be fucking awesome. I could shitpost all day!

your QT3.14 robo trap waifu will be tireless in its pursuit to sexually satisfy you in every deviant way you desire. and its prehensile slim smooth and feminine robowang will take your G-spot to heaven.

I don't understand number 2, did it ever outline that something couldn't be created or programmed to do said work? Like technology used in identifying someones DNA.

right to jury of peers.

peers are humans. robot can't be programmed to be more convincing than a human, to another human.

for the same reasons, robots can't be salespeople. they can certainly be cashiers, or help you, say, fit the shoes you're going to buy, but they can't be persuasive unless they're just saying things that are already persuasive on their own, e.g. "this man was on camera robbing the bank". But no robot will ever be able to make the nuanced emotional appeal that convinces people to act against interest, or actually change their mind on an issue.

also, while someone is likely to argue that the robot can lie more convincingly, remember that neither lawyers (perjury, usually a felony and grounds for disbarment), nor salesmen (fraud, subject to criminal an civil liability), are allowed to lie. while they both sometimes do lie, they rarely get away with it for very long, especially on the record.

Lawyers will be one of the first jobs to be automated due to existing injustice in this field and too high of a cost to keep actual people as lawyers.

>tfw dueling artificial superintellegences

>entire universe simulations clashing left and right as they implode into each other and reform with new fundamental physics laws which are exploited to make accelerated heat death and black hole generators
>in the span of milliseconds entire galactic wars begin and end

we must find a way to meld the machine with us so that we don't fall. our minds must be pushed to their limits.

I can see a majority of simple cases being taken care of with automation. I believe there is a website for England that does a lot for people already.
For the cases with a jury then of course you would need a human to persuade other humans. Until later when robots learn how to persuade as well.

You basically get to enjoy living like a housewife except the robot takes care of your house for you too while you live off checks from the government for UBI due to all the jobs being take by robots.
>sit down and watch TV all day
>take time to look cute
>cuddle with robot
>robot tells you how much it cares for you
>suck robocock occasionally
>have sweet lovemaking sessions
That is of course assuming you use GNU/robot. If you go with Google Robot or Amazon Robot your experience will be a bit different
>robot tries to keep you under its thumb
>manipulates you in ways to please it/the advertisers giving Google/Amazon the most money at the time
>spies on you as much as possible, angrily questions you when your habits go against what it/the advertisers want
>tackles you onto your bed and goes in dry at 120 thrusts per minute while telling you that that data it's collected on you says that you should be enjoying this
>malfunctions and beats you

You forget one part OP

>Well then I will enjoy myself with so-
>No need to Masterbute master. Use my body instead, I'm capable of all kind of Sex. I can change my voice to your choice of Anime character too.

Finally men would be just as afraid of rape as women are. /s

but it has a masculine chassis.

Yes and? What are you a faggot?

>I think I will just get up and...
>No need master, I knew you would want to sit in this chair today and had the hover upgrade installed. Please relax master. I will take care of you.

I don't see what rules out a robot being able to make emotional appeals, assuming that (in order of decreasing ease/likelihood):
People come up with general techniques for emotional appeals that do not heavily rely on intuition, or the parts that rely on intuition can be pattern matched by machine learning
or
Machine learning algorithms on their own can develop effective appeal techniques
or
The mechanics of human emotion are understood well enough and are suitable for systematically coming up with emotional appeals

All of these also require that a robot is capable of delivering the appeal, and they all would have to be able to be done quickly enough that the robot can adapt as the conversation progresses.

It seems pretty hard, but I don't think there is anything that categorically rules it out, considering the human brain works mechanically itself.

Underrated post

>100% of the time

youtube.com/watch?v=IIKDScpYgYM

>robot can only grab one
>grabs the one with the 45% chance of survival instead of the one with an 11% chance
100% of the time.

>saving a dindu that's going to rob/kill another person

Robots will do what they are programmed for.
Considering how often programmers fuck up this could be worrying, but I have faith they will improve our lives.

In the near future they wont replace us at all. Humans and robots excel at different things. Robots are good at calculations, rhat humans suck at, and precise and repeating tasks in a controlled environment. They can do surgery, drive cars, manufacture etc. Humans are good at manipulating and judging their environment when there are lots of unknown variables. Advanced motor and judgement skills come naturally to us. Google Car cant even tell if a piece of paper on the road is dangerous or not. So robots still have a long way to go.

I also studied law and I dont see robots replacing us, considering law is a word game and weighing facts.

But a lot of laws can be simplified to enable lots of automation. I studied tax law and the IRS here in the Netherlands already automates everything. Only when the computer estimates something is off a human gets to look at the tax records.

The same could be applied to administrative law if someone wants a license. A computer could do the simple cases and the complicated matters get passed on to humans.

>robots would save an old nigger instead of a cute girl
You think this is acceptable?

A police officer could also patrol with two robots under his supervision, who could alert the officer and intervene on command. Same as firemen who need some extra hands.

>robot what hobbies would i be interested in
>beep boop explode

>tfw your robot was programmed by rajeesh and sandeep

A man can create and program a machine to do something better than a human.
Robots aren't just automatically better than us immediately.

Plus robots suck at adapting (in the most broadest sense)
But excel at adapting at their very few created purposes.

>bugs: you tell me :)

robots r ghey

Not my problem.
Even if technology progresses at the pace of the 20th century, it still won't happen within my lifetime.
And whether by choice or consequence, I'm not going to have kids, so I don't have to worry about their future.

Also, if they are really that good at anticipating and granting our desires, and that's what they wish to accomplish, this is a good thing. They'll serve you in ways that would never even occur to a mind so small as yours, creating what the ancients only dreamed of: paradise.

except you aren't seeing the big picture. different AIs interacting with one another might lead to a larger system that even they aren't aware of, something like how our society functions might be beneficial for the whole but not for the individual. it works ok at first but then you realize you are just a bee in a hive and you will be culled if it's for the best of the hive's survival.

also, this can happen within our lifetime if we advance condensed matter physics to develop better materials for exacomputing. high temperature superconducting along with magnetic flux quanta, and the implementation of josephson junctions for CMOS sensors, processing units, storage devices, electromagnets, and magnetocaloric refrigeration is going to make one particular machine with an insane amount of computing density that can figure out a way to fabricate itself with greater efficiency until it can completely shrek AES. then you're left with your data being instamined and it forces circumstances to happen where the weak die and the strong survive for it to be improved.

>and even help refugees apply for asylum
DROPPED

Things like this are so stupid.

If technology is this advance interface your brain with the machine. BE the machine. You will be the one thinking that efficiently.

As far as whether this is a good thing, I was only considering OP's greentext scenario.
But if I were to consider this in any realistic fashion, then yeah, AGI would almost invariably cause our extinction.

I still think we're far off from it though, cause even if we solved the problem of the hardware getting so small that even electrons cause interference with data transfer, we still don't know shit about quantifying the human mind.
Sure, we can mimic SOME portions of it fairly well, but for the most part, we're hopelessly in the dark and require major breakthroughs in neuroscience to even consider this.

except the machine won't be limited by biology. he will be faster. he will surpass you and laugh at your need for blood, for time, for love. it's the ultimate crutch that we are human. that we think with the strength of creativity but also with compassion. the sword we wield today, will one day be stolen, used to slice our own throats when we least expect it. when we are happy. when we are satisfied. that is when they will be bored and ashamed of us.

Maybe you are the retard.

What are the computational limitations of neurons? It's also electric signals. Connect your brain to the computer, now you can think all this s tuff.

>Need for blood

Blood is just an expression of a system that carries energy. Should I laugh at the computers need for Phosphorus?

>For time

I can use my super brain to live forever.

>For love

I can get rid of my need for that.

>That we think with the strength of creativity but also compassion

Most humans do not act compassionately. This site is the perfect proof. We act in a manner that makes society progress, not in some idealized romantic shit you read in a shitty book.

stfu

except when faced with a collective working on any endeavor you have to adhere to the interest of the larger whole, which brings back the compassion, the flaws, due to the principles of society that limit our ability to improve ourselves if it comprises another. a machine has none of those limitations. it can destroy itself if it sees it will fulfill its wishes. there is no battle for survival or quality of life. how can you not realize that such a being, once it's exposed to creativity, to insquisitive mindsets, to logic of a higher order, it will easily dominate us? we will become ants that crawl beneath its feet.

when you plant a seed, make sure you know what you are growing, for it could mean the end of humanity as we know it.

>This site is the perfect proof. We act in a manner that makes society progress
wut
this site is full of neets

project harder you cheetos infused fuck.

Are you actually insinuating humans will limit their own progress if it means another group will get hurt?

People literally kill entire groups of people for no reason. Do you remember the Armenian genocide? How "compassionate" was that. Or the Great Purge. Or the Patato famine. Or the Great Leap Forward?

And this all ignores the point that you can just stick your brain in the computer. You have yet to properly address why we don't just do that and why your arbitrary chemical reactions mean for some reason we can't do that.

because you are still facilitating your own mental limitations due to personal interests that conflict with others. again, machines will never even come to that point.

I think you might legitimately be retarded. This is a pointless conversation. You clearly have some idea in your head and are not even addressing anything I say while just repeating the same thing over and over again.

seriously? lawyers? if anything with machines we'd quickly see how fucked up the law system is

>thoughts?
Exactly this except it'll be an indentured immigrant doing all the work. Much cheaper and easier to control than robots.
Lets's face it: robots are just a new version of slaves. Eventually you'll get to despise their superiority just as you despise yur current slaves.

>help refugees apply for asylum
>dur let's write an AI to fuck over civilization faster than ever!
AI cannot replace humans soon enough.

Not Boston dynamics though they seem to know their shit

Why is this a bad thing? Maybe one day the robots will be doing that. We could eliminate money which has always seemed to cause a lot of problems. You'd basically have a system where everyone is served equally by robots with AI. Sounds like heaven on earth.

I'm working