bento.io/
programming-motherfucker.com/
github.com/vhf/free-programming-books/blob/master/free-programming-books.md
theodinproject.com/
freecodecamp.com/
w3schools.com/
developer.mozilla.org/
codewars.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=JxAXlJEmNMg&feature=youtu.be&list=PL7664379246A246CB lecture series.

>Frontend development
github.com/dypsilon/frontend-dev-bookmarks

>Backend development
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_application_frameworks
backendDevelopmentBookmarks.md

>Useful tools
pastebin.com/q5nB1Npt/
libraries.io/ - Discover new open source libraries, modules and frameworks and keep track of ones you depend upon.
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web - Guides for HTML, CSS, JS, Web APIs & more.
programmableweb.com/ - List of public APIs

>NEET guide to web dev employment
pastebin.com/4YeJAUbT/
>How to get started
youtube.com/watch?v=pB0WvcxTbCA - "WATCH THIS IF YOU WANT TO BECOME A WEB DEVELOPER! - Web Development Career advice"
youtube.com/watch?v=zf_cb_Nw5zY) - "JavaScript is Easy" - If you can't into programming, you probably won't find a simpler introduction to JavaScript than this.

>cheap vps hosting in most western locations
lowendbox.com
digitalocean.com/
linode.com/
heroku.com/
leaseweb.com
openshift.com/
>NEW!
scaleway.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

smashingmagazine.com/2016/03/server-side-rendering-react-node-express/
courses.reactjsprogram.com/courses/reactjsfundamentals
youtube.com/watch?v=AMBE6APxgGI
jsfiddle.net/46b20jvu/
html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/semantics.html#the-meta-element
glassdoor.com/Reviews/The-Berman-Group-Reviews-E693794_P2.htm
devdocs.io/javascript/global_objects/promise
html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/file/dndfiles/
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=9637A02FF9ACE2668E42FF0A6A645939
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=9F3C17369CAE277D10CF94B8B48A182A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Uh... I know rails and MVC. I wanted to get into node and react, so I looked at this:

smashingmagazine.com/2016/03/server-side-rendering-react-node-express/

Even his 'simple' example has a mindblowing amount of shit just to serve a simple page. What the fuck is this and is react really this hard to learn?

fuck this I'm gonna use rails and actioncable

or you just could learn React first and then move to server-side rendering
courses.reactjsprogram.com/courses/reactjsfundamentals

yeah I guess so. there's way too much to learn, ugh, and I've been a webdev for 10 years.

Am I stupid or does this guy not know how to explain shit? Everything was fine until prototypes, mostly because I've been reading about them before watching this course, but these superclasses thing is so confusing

React is still better and more stable than Angular right?

What is /wdg/'s opinion on progressive web apps?

Just do typescript and it does it all for you. That's where things are heading anyways, to typescript

Uhh what's that

K bye

Nobody uses react right now so... Doesn't really matter

youtube.com/watch?v=AMBE6APxgGI

niceme.me

nah

Anyone ever consider doing intensive courses like General Assembly? I have been getting freelance jobs on my own and trying to teach myself along the way, but I feel like I can't focus sitting on my laptop day-in day-out by myself

should I try doing this normie course lol

Does Typescript help with Node and Angular too? Because I fucking hate them both but I feel like I need them to better market myself.

Angular 2 uses Typescript primarily.

It's still in beta and I can't tell yet if it's going to be a thing, but it's a major framework adopting Typescript

All typescript really does is add classes support to JS. If you're working in object oriented patterns and hate the prototype pattern JS does use Typescript for a more classical way to work with classes, other than that you're just adding yet another layer of complexity and messiness to your project.

Okay then, thanks.

It helps as much as you want it to

how do I motivate myself to learn JS? srsly, all these buzzwords, all this crap about node.js makes me really uncomfortable about it, but otoh... I really should learn JS :(

Posting this again from /sqt/... So I'm new to designing web-pages, and I was wondering how I could link to an RSS feed such that it would look like pic related...

So far, I have the following code, but it doesn't seem to actually link to anythiing:

Click Me!

Start with asking why you want to work in this business if you have to motivate yourself to learning one of its most essential tools

I'd prefer to be a backend dev and simply not touch JS, but these days, you are supposed to know frontend/backend JS in the first place...

Is than an rss feed displayed in a browser or is that an html web page? If it is an html web page then you would have to use javascript to sort it like that with drop down arrows.

start with /dpt/ and learn an actual language, then move to meme js shit and web stuff.

link
my link text

This is html 101 how to make a link href="" is an attribute of the tag. Tags can have one or no attributes. href stands for hyper link reference it can be any url or sometimes people stick javascript in the href like Click This For an alert box, maybe well the href is always what you want something to point to.

I already "know" many langs. just not JS, not very well at least. the sad thing is, I keep forgetting stuff, because I don't practice much :(

Make something using the canvas, I made this while i was bored at work jsfiddle.net/46b20jvu/

practice more, do little and fun projects, heres one:

>> an online gui calculator all writen in vanilla js

Do you write functions for addition and all operators?

What features should a textboars software have besides posting,replying,and removing posts?

Please shit on this design and help me improve

>textured background
>no rotating skull .gifs

I actually just changed it to solid to check and it looks a lot better for some reason. I still don't think I'd use the site from looking at it though. Fml

could someone Please tell me what's wrong with this code? I keep getting 'Bad request' when I submit a form

Template

Login
Username

password

Forgot passwords

views
app = Flask(__name__)
@app.route('/login', methods=['POST', 'GET'])
def login():
if request.method == 'POST':
user_id = request.form['username']
user_pass = request.form['password']
if user_id == 'admin' and user_pass == 123:
return render_template('index.html')
return render_template('login.html')

i got a job fellas

Maybe method has to be POST instead of post? Idk I've never written forms explicitly I just use framework helpers

you're going to make it mate

Did that but still getting the same error

This is the code for mine:
@app.route('/login/', methods=['GET', 'POST'])
def login():
if request.method == 'POST':
username = request.form['username']
password = request.form['password']

if authenticate(username, password):
user = get_user_by_username(username)
login_user(user, remember=True)

return redirect(url_for('index'))

The only real difference I see is /login/ instead of /login

Doesn't flask give you any debug information?

No it doesn't.

Anyone have experience with the Sup Forums api?

Essentially I want to snapshot every thread on every board periodically so I can analyses it at a moment in time but there's no endpoint for "give me every thread on the board in one go" and you're not allowed to make more than one request per second (I plan on being courteous).

Any ideas? or will I have to resort to scraping.

When i do node --version it shows up as 0.10.x, but i have node 6.2.x installed via nvm. How do I make it so that node uses the nvm version?

does nvm have an "active" version or something? I haven't really used it.

the output of nvm ls
-> v6.2.2
system
default -> v6.2.2
node -> stable (-> v6.2.2) (default)
stable -> 6.2 (-> v6.2.2) (default)
iojs -> N/A (default)

did you install 0.10 before switching to using nvm to manage the versions? sounds like some PATH issues

Yes i've had node installed for a long time before getting nvm.

uninstall node

I have access to a virtual server provided by Leaseweb ( leaseweb.com ) and I have 10 domains on namecheap. How can I point the domains to my vps ip and add them to the webservers host list?

Pic related is probably the relevant interface on leaseweb

My month-long subscription with leaseweb will run out in two days and I'd like to check if I can get the basics of having apache installed with set up with the relevant domains by then to decide if I want to change my package.

Asked about this a few weeks ago but I've been busy with work. I got this advice from you guys: "Leaseweb very likely provides nameservers. Change your domain's nameserver's to theirs and handle it on Leaseweb. If they don't, manually add the correct A and CNAME records.". Leaseweb provides a secondary nameserver and I added this secondary nameserver to one of the domains on namecheap but didn't know where to go from there, nothing obvious changed. I also added the domain to leaseweb using the "Secondary nameserver domains" tab to the left in pic related, which required me to enter the primary nameserver's ip for the domain which I did and then found it listed for me on Leaseweb. Problem is I still get redirected to namecheap when I visit the url indicating the switch wasn't successful. Just in case I set up apache and put an index.html in the relevant folder for this domain and still get redirected.

Honestly I have no idea where to go on my own, I've exhausted all channels I'm aware of most of which I had to find through Google search.

add to the domains' nameservers the nameservers given to you by the vps.

I think I'm good now, thanks.

Thanks for the reply. Could I be correct in thinking my server doesn't come with premade nameservers and I have to set them up myself? Does that sound normal enough? How can I verify that there's no nameserver connected to my server's ip?

Looking into it now and supposedly "Web Host Manager" is good for this sort of thing, but don't really know what it is or where to get it. Anyway hopefully it's not too hard and I just need my server's ip.

AFAIK nameservers are only DNS . so you be the judge . If that vps IS a webserver, then they will provide you with a nameserver. if NOT, then just put the DNS (if you already have an A record and a CNAME record for said domain)

>.se domains ask for an ID number
>the whois is hidden
I think it'd rather have a public whois without having to give up my ID to be honest.

I want to spend about 100€ (~$110) to make my website more famous.
What's the best way?

Can any of you guys please explain to me what are meta tags about and what do they do on the web?
How should i use them?

Why the fuck can't I into Docker? Every god damn tutorial consists of an asinine millennial getting halfway into a proper stack and giving up. THE DOCUMENTATION LITERALLY TELLS YOU TO SEARCH FOR EXAMPLES ON RANDOM GITHUB REPOSITORIES.

"Pros" refuse to help because "it all depends on your app, man."

Why the fuck isn't there a concise list of pre made Dockerfiles that I can start development with and customize it from there?

DID YOU KNOW THAT THIS WORKS:
|-- test.html
`-- test2.html
test.html:

test2.html
hello sailor
result:
07:48:30: GET /test.html

please send help

bump?

that is quite the conditional, perhaps you should try breaking it into multiple nested if()'s and do some printf()'s (or your logging framework of choice) to facilitate debugging

meta tags are optional metadata about the page, for example

see html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/semantics.html#the-meta-element for full information

Yeah it sorta looks like this now. Still, an unbelievable amount of spaghetti

well that's what you're paid for, hang in there kitty

>getting paid
I wish

Christ that looks ugly. Cant you separate some of that into functions? Like findFreeLobbies and etc.

How many CS/SE majors work as web developers? Are the memes true or not?

yeah but only on your obscure browser that nobody uses

I need a web service that lets me do something like
service.com/?url=bla&cookies=bla
it should return the page at url loaded using the given cookies
there is nothing important at the url and the cookies are of a throwaway account so I don't mind if it's some chinese site

Progressive web apps are like liberal web apps but in 2016.

I'm trying to do it so that when I click it a drop down menu with links pop up...Based on that, I think it's the second one... So thank you! At least I know where to go from here

Thank you, mate! The link now brings me to an rss feed!

fuck off and just make a native app. I'm sick of having to cater to every device imaginable.

html and css sucks.
Is there any reason not to do everything in webgl?

it looks like firefox.

Does anyone have wordpress experience?

I made a slide show, but i don't know where to store the images. Should I put them all in a "page" and then try to loop through that page for images and put them in the slideshow?

The theory seems sound, but I don't know how to actually do it. I'm new to wordpress and can't find the functions I need. Can anyone help?

Cross browser compatibility

>tfw this is where you're interviewing this week
glassdoor.com/Reviews/The-Berman-Group-Reviews-E693794_P2.htm

she looks like a psycho bitch just fyi

just do everything in assembly what could go wrong

Just look at it as an opportunity to practice.

saving that money and spamming your shit on reddit 2 b h

I swear I saw it go in the corner when I was alone in the conference room!

What do you guys use for file uploads?
I have this small web application where users can enter text into a field (standard textarea).

I am looking for a library that allow me to drag a file into the textarea and if the mime type fits, the content of the text file should be pasted into the area.
I would also like to have a button that would open a file dialog that does the same thing.

What library can do that?

conductor guy?

Can anybody point me in the right direction to learn promises in AngularJs? There are lots of tutorials with varying length, and they all explain it differently. Some use $q library, some don't... I only the basic concept, but am not sure if I'm doing it right.

yea... most people just pile on libraries until something works.

Where can I find the Instructor's Manual to the 3rd edition of Intro to Algorithms? I'm not a student; going through the problems is a quick way to learn.

Do you know how promises work outside of angular??? Because that should be the first step. They are native to Javascript now so you should learn the native implementation first I think.

devdocs.io/javascript/global_objects/promise

There are JS libraries for drag and drop uploads.
Search until you find one suitable.
Use whatever library, load in the file via ajax, populated the text area with the ajax result.

Good luck keeping this secure...

you don't need server side react. you might not even need react, it's quite over hyped. the more basic idea is you make a simple REST API on the server with node, and then do whatever you want with the client. the key is to at least attempt to modularize the javascript

I want it to be 100% client side.
The server does not interpret the data, so it should be fine, right?

Guys, I'm learning Git and have no idea what happened. I cloned a repo to my desktop but I can't see it anywhere. Interestingly enough, if I check desktop in git bash I only see the repo, while I actually have a ton of other stuff on my desktop. I used normal CMD to clone it though. Can somebody explain this to me? It's like I have two different desktop dirs or something.

html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/file/dndfiles/

what command did you use to clone exactly?

git clone

thank you.
The library way was not even shorter.

gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=9637A02FF9ACE2668E42FF0A6A645939

gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=9F3C17369CAE277D10CF94B8B48A182A

this one is better formatted, but they're both the second edition

Thanks. I've got the 2nd edition, but not the 3rd. Guess it can be used for the 3rd as well.

I've never gotten around to actually reading it even though I've torrented it like 20 times now, but the changes might be slight, the page numbers are probably just a bit off.

Check the private tracker thread, they're usually cool about looking into it for you if its available on one of those sites