How does an 8 pin solve the issues with the RX480? Please explain it to me, im dumb :(

How does an 8 pin solve the issues with the RX480? Please explain it to me, im dumb :(

It doesn't, it had nothing to do with power delivery to the PCB. The die itself controls how the board draws power. It was a software issue, and its already fixed.

One is 75 watts one is 150 watts.

it will solve my dvi port issue for my second moniotr

This.

The 8 pin just gives the card more room for overclocking

No, it doesn't, the 6pin connector can delivere the same power as the 8pin. The AIB probably won't be able to overclock past 1400mhz without binning.

>6pin connector can delivere the same power as the 8pin

stop talking shit

Bullshit.

Not him, but 6pin can deliver the same as 8pin.
8pin just adds more grounding and is generally better when using chinabomb psu

looks like we are in for an electricity and desing lesson

spec doesn't allow more than 75w to be drawn from a 6 pin

The card takes too much current from the PCI slot which can damage (generally cheap and older) motherboards. If a power plug supplies the current, the card no longer draws a lot of current from the motherboard, instead drawing from the safer plug. This gives the card room to overclock, which draws more power.

spec allows for 300 watts moron its the bios of the card that doesnt let it draw more

What are the Sense pins for?

The 6 pin has just as many power pins.
8 pin has 2 extra earth.

6 pin can push up to 300 watt but then there's very little room for high ambient temperature in the case.
150 watt should actually be 100% fine but nobody wants to get sued so it's being limited to 75 watt.

just because you can draw 300w from something doesn't mean you should

just like you can draw 100w through the slot but it's a fucking bad idea

>It doesn't, it had nothing to do with power delivery to the PCB. The die itself controls how the board draws power. It was a software issue, and its already fixed.

That's complete bullshit.

The PCB controls the power to the chip and VRAM.

The BIOS on the card *can* take commands from the driver. So instead of having everyone reflash their BIOS, they rewrote something in the driver to make the card draw power properly.

You need to know a little more about synchronous multiphase bucking power converters and the exact design of the PCB to understand more.

They can *further* mitigate the issue with decreasing the GPU power usage.

A new PCB design will totally solve any issues with the reference card taking too much power and amps over the PCIe slot.

>synchronous multiphase bucking power converters

Keep using meme words to make yourself feel smarter user

you do realise that the 8 pin is literally the 6 pins with more sensors right?
your logic is flawed

people like you is the reason why this board is absolute cancer. at least when it comes to gpu discussions.

lol fuck off you tryhard.

it wasnt even an issue to begin with, its just a meme.