Android is garbage. Why do you still use it?

Android is garbage. Why do you still use it?

Nice bait

Really made me think

It's more useful than iMeme, easier to configure to my needs. It's like having a portable PC instead of just a phone.

This, iPhones are so restricted

I'm having a while of a time.

I don't want to configure my phone. I want to use all the default options.

Faggot.
Checked tho

Because Android lets me use my phone as a computer.
I don't like the UI of iOS and it's locked as fuck.
and then you have
>windows phone

Android is the least shitty poo of all the poos in the designated street.

>I'm a tech illiterate and have no idea why I'm on this board

>wasting your life away configuring your phone to your autistic wants

>not doing that
Why not just buy a $20 phone then?

Gotta catch 'em all.

I've also got cell standby at top. Really makes you think, no?

And to show Android's ignorance, I meant "whale".

But Android is a better gaming platform :^)

No better alternative.
Waiting for ubuntu touch.
Everything else is irrevelant and should not be mentionned in this thread.

okay, then don't use android? Or do use android since the defaults are still fine? What is the point of this comment, you're not even arguing anything?

not as locked down and I like configuring/tinkering. more hardware options and the ability to replace storage/battery.

This. Anything you don't like you can easily uninstall or disable.

I use an android with the defaults. I'm arguing that you never need to change the defaults!

Because there isn't anything better

>iOS
still has shit battery life. Expensive storage. Can't configure at all (even though I leave things default usually, I want the option.) Piece of shit store.

>Windows Phone
Nice interface. Few apps. Things like youtube are handled by third party apps which usually suck. Battery life was good IIRC. Closed off which sucks.

>Other shit like plasma ubuntu and sailfish
Plasma and sailfish OS look decent but they aren't ready. Ubuntu touch is pretty much ready but fuck canonical.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

Works on my machine™

>i want to customize my portable facebook device
Yeah, you spent $400 on a toy with an 8" screen and it wasn't to take ebin selfies at all

You're saying you don't *need to*, but the comment you're replying says *you can change* as in turning the phone into whatever you need, a remote, server, gaming console, or whatever. So your comment is still pointless.

Aren't there already Ubuntu phones?

Changing defaults help a lot especially with battery. Especially if you have like a samsung device crammed with bloat and shitty webapps flashing a light custom rom can do wonders.

back in june 2010
I went to the phone store
ok lets nigga checklist some features
ok only one lets me watch adobe flash player videos streaming online
its a fucking done deal with android before anything else was even considered

It lacks a lot of features to be fully functionnal

How did you change the colors?

Also iOS can't view webms and there is no easy way to transfer files to it. My brother brought his iPad over so I could put some episodes of a show on it for him and it wouldn't even let me sync through iTunes without wiping the device. What the fuck.

>Spelling carrot wrong

Windows Phone master race.

z3c 5.1.1

>it wouldn't even let me sync through iTunes without wiping the device. What the fuck

oh I remember that bs once you connect and sync to a new computer all your shit gets wiped... if the music movies pics aren't already on the new pc

fuck a dick abble

>spelling carat wrong

Lolipop themer Xposed tweak

>Also I don't know how to view webms or how to transfer files to it.
Fixed.
You also apparantly don't know how to use iTunes either.
Your wilful ignorance can't be laid at Apple's door.

wat dat

tfw lowest brightness 6p and 4 hour sot

spelling jewish wrong

How did you guys get your batteries to last longer than 24 hours?

My Moto G 1st gen

I envy you

I don't.

They just left their phone in sleep mode for three days just to "prove" that Android consumed battery power.

then you belong in /soc/ sir and good day

>Your wilful ignorance can't be laid at Apple's door.
Willful ignorance? Tell me how to transfer files to an iPad then without jumping through a hundred hoops. For a company that prides itself on making products that are intuitive and easy to use, the iDevice+computer connection certainly isn't it. And iOS doesn't support webms. I'm sure some third party app can view them but Android can open them right in the browser.

I actually tried buying an app that said it could view webms, but no luck. I think iOS straight can't do it.

I heard Chrome can do it now. If anything, you can open webm with VLC for sure

Come at me bruh

That would be news to me. I failed to watch a webm today with chrome, since it's my main browser on there.

It's sad that the best OS is on a dead platform oh well

Because my shitty device cost me like 80 us dollar and I use it mainly for text messaging, web browsing, shitposting, pictures and email in this order.

I'd like a phone with the same size of an iPhone 4 5 or SE but with a SD card.

>TFW no thinkpad tier smartphone to install a lightweight OS on.

Daily reminder

>Android has no privacy, Google is spying on you
>Android has no security, Stagefright, millions of devices ifnected with malware
>Android has no updates, how's that marshmallow treating you LOL

Yes iphones are overpriced, but they are SO much better than this shit. It's not 2011 anymore put the android meme to rest.

This, or they get one of those extended batteries that have like 3x the capacity of the stock battery

>mah battery

Why this is even an issue amazes me
>go to work
>plug it in at my desk
>unplug it 30min-1h later when it's 100%
>play my phone most of the day anyway
>go home
>literally not even use my phone because i'm at home
>repeat

>work

NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GET OOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTT

kys

>people with anything but screen or heavy apps on top
Did you buy a smartphone to not use it?

cheaper than an iphone

Does Marshmallow help or hinder the battery life on the Z3C?

…Or I just have a phone with a good battery. I'm using a Droid Turbo 1.

>tfw 6s+

What are you talking about OP. Shitposting from an old galaxy s3 for nearly an hour, 85% battery, animations for my pleasure galore

Hi!

iOS usage is different than Android's SOT. For example, playing music with the screen off counts towards usage.

All the mobile platforms are shit, Pick one that offends you the least.

True but getting 10h SOT is still pretty easy with it, unless you're playing 3D games with max brightness, record 4k video all day or do similar shit.

So far I always had the problem that it's at 35-40% after a full day and charging it seems like a waste, while not charging it would necessitate watching the use for the next day.

Best reply so far.

>How did you guys get your batteries to last longer than 24 hours?
>Screen 34%

If only the answer was right in front of you.

>baiting this hard

imo it helped

however and I'm not sure if this is specific to my phone for some reason or not but whenever I update my firmware it has pretty poor (compared to before, not to other phones) battery life and it normalizes itself over the next few weeks and becomes stellar again. Had this from 4.4 to 5.0 and then from 5.0 to 5.1

stupid question
what applications shows that triangle graph?

>posted from a Nexus 5X, Stock Android 6.0.1, with latest updates from Google.

GRIFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITHHHHHHHHHH

Settings

works great here, flagships are immune : )

Because of it being highly customizable, it's only garbage if you keep it that way.

>tfw older android
>tfw default screenshoter is using jpeg without being able to modify the default format the files are saved to.

get on my level pleb

better pic

they're going all in

>marshmallow
>implying
I still use kitkat and I see no problems

meme language

>0.1 Rupee have been added to your Apple Pro account
Fuck off pajeet

I use Windows phone.
Apart from the "not many apps" thing, it's perfect.

Not that bad

Because i'm poor user :^(

>using the smiley with a carat nose

>he doesn't use english in his smartphone even if he doesn't live in an anglo country
disgustinggggggggggggg

Because every other mobile OS is just as shit.

Update to slims 2.0 mm its pretty good

>HTC One M7
>battery is kind of bad but it's okay for what I do
>Pokemon Go comes out
>first mobile game I play
>20 minutes = 20% drop
Isn't there a 4000mAh battery for the M7 ?

It's a fucking phone, what else to you need it to do other than text, make calls, and light web browsing. Anything more powerful just use a fucking computer.

Some people want/need pocket computers. Besides, if you need "just phone" get a cheap Android

>he fell for the nexus meme

I have a 1p1

>not using xiaomeme

What rom?

This