JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT IT COULDN'T BE MORE AWFUL

JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT IT COULDN'T BE MORE AWFUL.

Other urls found in this thread:

3dmark.com/3dm/12647350
youtube.com/watch?v=wlSeHCPd75s
ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/ladders/benchmark/overall/Crazy_1080p?viewType=myself&filters={"cpu":"Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz","api":"DirectX 12","gpu":"NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070"}
store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/
3dmark.com/compare/fs/9202637/fs/9188962
amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=RX 480
newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007709 601203818
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>watercooler for a midrange card

1060 Vs 480

because an extension cord is extremely high-tech

Why not just ask EKWB?

They have a twitter.

AIBs will just make custom PCBs like they've been doing forever.

"Founders Edition" is such an amazing scam. I'm truly impressed with this level of marketing jewery.

FE cards actually overclock better than most aftermarket cards, just ramp up the fans and you're good to go.

I'm no fan of Nvidia's, but who puts waterblocks on a *60 card anyway? Nobody.

AIBs will make custom PCBs for non-ref coolers, or simply incorporate the extension cable into a non-ref design.

This is a total non-issue as far as I'm concerned

By aftermarket, they mean the coolers you can install yourself like pic related, not the board partner cards.

No they don't, that's complete bullshit.

i don't think they did this with the sole purpose of making it uncostumizable. the question is if the 3rd parties can even get around that, nvidia most certainly didn't make it crappy just because they can

so the 480 deep-dicks the 1060 ?

Who needs water cooling, the 1060 runs so cool it lowers your overall system temperature.

Sure thing pajeet. Ramp up that obnoxious blower fan and it might just keep the card from throttling at stock speeds.

>water cooling a mid range card which doesn't support SLI and appears to be factory crippled
Fixed.
If this ever materializes into a 760Ti then that might be worth water cooling. But even that's a dubious proposition.

Why would you install a aftermarket cooler for it anyway?

A stock 1070 would be cheaper than a 1060 plus a watercooler.

We don't know. The card isn't out yet and everybody that does have it is under NDA.

yes they did, they made it crappy because if it allowed sli and didnt fuck up the 8 pin it would be pointless buying a 1070/1080 because you could just get 2 1060's and be done with it.

Yes they do.

arctic is dog shit

do you actually think people are going to put $100 aftermarket air coolers or open loop water blocks on their $250 gtx1060?

it's a non-issue. just buy an AIB card if you want to do dumb shit like this.

>watercooling anything, ever

>Fucks up with pcb design
>Is slower than rx480
Rip nvidia 2016

>it would be pointless buying a 1070/1080 because you could just get 2 1060's and be done with it.
Where the fuck did all these people who SLI/crossfire low end cards come from? I've never seen anyone discuss it until AMD's demo with Polaris and now this. You get absolute shit price/performance with SLI.

Yes, they do. I own one and managed to get lucky with the silicon lottery. Here's mine stable at 2126MHz.

3dmark.com/3dm/12647350

Most AIB cards are binned, so they don't OC that much.

>$250
You mean $300

It won't be RIP Nvidia

They have way too many shills and Fan boys that will defend them. They are the Apple of the GPU market

you're an idiot, dx12 and the new api's fix's sli/crossfire

its never been this good to go sli/crossfire.

it's $250 MSRP. $300 is for goyim edition.

>Sli
It's never been better doesn't say much

wrong

why do you think all of sudden that they don't want anyone to sli their midrange/lower end card because it would give 1080 performance for less money, its only logical to not allow SLI

you dumb cunt.

More like $270-$280 for most AIB partner cards.

Scaling is better than SLI/crossfire, but still not nearly as good as a single card, especially with regards to price/performance.

No it isn't
My twin turbo II is extremely quiet and works flawlessly after 4 years of use.

rip nvidia.

AMDOMINATION this gen.

I'm a amd shill but this can't be right.

That would mean that the 1060 is worst than the 3,5gb. Would be better to relaunch a 970 8gb than a 1060 that is worst than a 970.

>dx12 and the new api's fix's sli/crossfire

dx12 and vulkan won't fix the problem of there not being a high bandwidth/low latency connection between the two cards, which is the source of 99% of the bad stuttering and scaling of multigpu setups.

all dx12 and vulkan give you is more control over it, most devs will neglect multigpu support since consoles and 90% of pc gaymers don't have more than 1 dgpu.

I'll be getting the Sapphire Rx480 if these numbers hold up.

They didn't "fuck up" they just made a PCB that doesn't appeal to power users. Like, you know what a fuck up means, right? That there is something wrong with the PCB that affects end users. This PCB does not affect end users in any way with the exception of a specific subset of end users who don't tend to buy these cards.

I don't use nvidia, so that is good.

>even with fake OC, the 1060 is still slower than a cheaper alternative
>1060 dead on arrival

DELET

keep being a dirty nvidiot, shilling your washed up company, while glorious AMD completely destroy your top end cards with 2x crossfired 480's

The thing about these aftermarket air coolers is that you can reuse them most of the time. I have a cooler from my 290 that I plan to use with my next GPU. Seems like the 1060 is out of the question for me. It's either the 1070/1080 or 480. Probably going to get a 480 and wait for Vega/Big Pascal then resell the 480. I can then use it on that card most likely as well.

>budget card cuts features

shocking twist

I cant wait to get my RX480 water blocks

that cooler is complete shit though user.

an aftermarket air cooler like that would be completely useless on a 1060 or 480. the 1060 is 120w TDP and the 480 is 170w TDP.

arctic and raijintek's coolers are for cooling cards that need 300-400w of dissipation, not 170w.

I was going to ignore this but it keeps popping up on the first page.

>cannot watercool a midrange card because of a PCIe plug
First off, who would watercool a midrange card?
Secondly, whoever is interested in getting a midrange card _and_ unbelievably watercooling it, would get a reference/FE card?

Maybe I should get a Jerman water block

With huge TDP like 170W it wouldn't be useless. Although you wouldn't want to have 170W TDP with the reference 480, and that kinda defeats the point given that non-reference models already have better coolers.

Who the fuck pays extra to buy a Founders Edition whose price is increased by the reference cooler
And then proceeds to remove the reference cooler you just paid extra for

The answer is fucking no one
If you're smart enough to replace the cooler you're smart enough to not buy reference

Uhh, it isn't though? It cools better than any aftermarket cooler you can buy.

youtube.com/watch?v=wlSeHCPd75s

These guys got a 2114 MHz clock out of the GTX 1080 with under 70c temps. The PCB is the limitation and not the temps after installing this cooler.

It means I can buy a cheap reference card and not worry about temps at all. Also you can get pure silence with one of these coolers as you barely need to run the fans at all. Of course it's overkill but I already own the cooler so there's no reason for me not to use it. I'm not saying go out and buy one for a 1060 or a 480.

literally came just to post this

Why, you can essentially leave the fans at idle speed and still cool the card under load.
If you want a silent system those things are great.

>not using oversized coolers for high OC and pure silence

fucking casuals

>tfw Nvidia still has a much much faster card than anything AMD has to offer

Doesn't this still need fan?

ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/ladders/benchmark/overall/Crazy_1080p?viewType=myself&filters={"cpu":"Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz","api":"DirectX 12","gpu":"NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070"}
>a single 1070 gets around 52 fps in AotS dx12
>two 1070's gets around 66 fps in AotS dx12 (NOT SLI)

Even in dx12, your price/performance is absolute dogshit with multiple GPUs. Can we put this argument to rest that using two low end cards is somehow better than a single, higher end GPU?

Nice, you can even fart on that to make it even more cooler

They do but we talking about their DOA 1060 fight now.

right*

>Nvidia
>DX12
kek

store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/
The 960 is the second most popular card on Steam and it wasn't even that competitive. The 1060 will sell well on brand image alone.

>Uhh, it isn't though? It cools better than any aftermarket cooler you can buy.

STEP ASIDE HEATHEN

Plus unlike the arctic this thing has its own heatsink for vrm1.

>tfw very few can afford the Jew-fuelled power of nvidia

pretty sure only fagets use water cooling.

Seriously. do any of you even game or wtf do you do?

Yeah, I meant aftermarket as in AIB. I actually have a Rajintek as well but it doesn't work in my Ncase.

E THIS

I think he meant AIB cards.
Plus at least the older Arctic coolers came with a bunch of different small heatsinks you could apply with thermal adhesive wherever you saw fit.

Not even midrange

this is low end

We only dick around about our hardware, actually.

The Morpheus comes with those too.

MODS delete this!

this has to be fake

Most of the 1070s/1080s are in between MSRP and the FE price, so we can assume most 1060's will be about the same, say $260-$290. The 8gb Sapphire rx 480 nitro is 250£, which converts to $323. Subtracting taxes and the general price increase for Europe, I think we can expect it and most AIB partner 8gb rx 480s to be around $250-$280. Digital Foundry seems optimistic that the 1060 will have 980 performance because Nvidia said the 1070 would have Titan X performance and they slightly over delivered on that. The rx 480 has slightly above 970 performance in dx11, and 980 performance in dx12. So if the 1060 really is on par with the 980, it'll beat the rx 480 in dx11 and be equal to it in dx12, for only $10-$20 more. And that's not even taking into account OC headroom, the Digital Foundry video said that smaller chips usually OC better so an OCed 1060 could very well beat a 980.

Of course there's a lot of ifs in my post, but I think these cards will be neck and neck.

heh
And being nvidia they probably can't even make large batches of the card.

>3dmark.com/compare/fs/9202637/fs/9188962
THE GOYM KNOWS!
SHUT IT DOWN!

Everybody expects the 480 tbqh

>By Parm
Who is Parm?

Chicken Parm?

rx480 also had some bs 3dmark results before launch. nvidia wouldn't launch 1060 for $300 if it's really slower than 480. unless they grossly overestimate how much people love polar bears.

You should get one for your mobo too so that doesn't overheat.

They're more like $50

>buy a $200 480 4GB
>flash it to 8GB
>put cooler on
>you now have better than AIB cooling for $250

AIB PCBs will probably have better OC potential though.

you mean just like amd?

amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=RX 480

newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007709 601203818

there hasn't been any restocks for 2 weeks. lol

so probably gimped on purpose

kek

Solid argument

far more popular price bracket, they're just selling really well

the real comparison is how much stock actually went out which was something like 10 fold at many locations compared to the 1070/1080

Not him but you can't find one 1070 or 1080 at the MSRP price. Not one.

There will probably be cards under $300 but you're not going to see any at $250.

Don't worry. NVIDIA will pay devs to use more Gameworks features and delay DX12 implementation so it still beats the RX 480 in game benchmarks.

legends say hitler used rx480 cards to burn the jews

>wait for 480
>wait for 3rd party cooled ones
>1060 gets announced
>then wait for 3rd party cooled 1060s
Release them already, goddammit

470 releases midjuly with 90% performance of 480
wait for the 470

The waiting game never ends.

I've heard estimates of stocking up 25x the amount of 1080's that go out.
Either way, despite the large stock of them they sold out nearly immediately everywhere.

>Aftermarket watercooler on the reference board of a mid-tier card

Literally who is doing this?

Anyone who puts a water block on a midrange reference card should be shot at dawn by the worlds least accurate firing squad.

If you absolutely must put a water block on a 1060 like a complete retard, then buy an aftermarket board you fucks.

Damn that's seksi AF

This real nice water block for RX480