Desktop/UI Thread

Following up on the previous thread I made related to skinning Windows 10. Thanks to the kind user who pointed me to UxThemePatcher. I promised to post my results.

With that said, this thread is now a UI thread. Show off your Desktops/UI. All OS's are welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/vhqzmr.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=zJCbOEuOvVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=OZA9ZxzpH78
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Desktop threads aren't allowed on here anymore and are auto-saged. Go to

is this the new desktop thread

Alright

I'm the black on dark gray text in the Teamspeak window and also the blue link is me too.

This thread is about usability (something OP could stand to learn a thing or three about)

hi jordan we miss you

I post on Sup Forums every day, many times.

>muh desktop thread
Eat a dick

idiot

why? Sup Forums is garbo

I just love technology, dude.

do you really love GPUs and tech support that much? that's all that's here anymore

Why are desktop threads banned but there are still phone homescreen threads. We need to ban those as well.

Also while we're on the subject, anything GPU/gaming related should be banned as well, and sent to Sup Forums where it belongs rather than shitting up Sup Forums

Just avoid those threads, user. You act like there hasn't always been waist-deep shit to wade through to find the tech threads.

it was never this bad before

I second this.

Gaming and GPU threads do not make sense here either.

You must be very new then.
There has always been and always will be periods where the tide comes in and the pool of shit gets deeper, but eventually it goes back to normal.

If you hate it so much, why not post some threads about technology instead of crying about it in a usability thread?

I remember the time arch was the babby's first distro on Sup Forums

today it's considered for advanced users lmao

>fit
Are you trying to improve your health situation or just shitpost there?

How u do did

It's one of the default boards, I'm actually in my post-rice phase where I think ricing is for turbonerds.

Real Sup Forumsurus use the defaults and make it work.

hi benjamin

>turbonerds

>Real Sup Forumsurus use the defaults and make it work.
So you are using Vanilla Windows 10?

hi benicio

Yep, check it

>turbonerds
my.mixtape.moe/vhqzmr.jpg

Why, you only have to rice once? Takes an hour or so and you have an astheticly pleasing OS for your future

Anime / 8

>Why, you only have to rice once? Takes an hour or so and you have an astheticly pleasing OS for your future
The default is literally the best, unless you have found a theme that instead of white windows you get the color gray of Opera default.

Lots of 3rd party programs and extensions. I don't think you are being very true to your ``Defaults, It just works®™'' schtick.

lol

Only facebookers don't need more than the default software, but only turbonerds feel the need to rice everything to feel like a special snowflake.

Changing a setting is acceptable, full-on ricing is just childish.

mongoloid

I don't think it's childish at all. I find it an enjoyable passtime, and a good way to work on my programming skills, especially scripting. Also a good way to make a portfolio in UI design.

>I don't think it's childish at all. I find it an enjoyable passtime, and a good way to work on my programming skills, especially scripting. Also a good way to make a portfolio in UI design.
It's childish; you'll understand when you grow up. I went through the same phase when I was younger.

youtube.com/watch?v=zJCbOEuOvVQ

And you gain what, more precisely, by doing all that? To me it looks like just a waste of resources..

>tfw Windows themes creators just don't care anymore
>Every single new theme you find is a Theme by Cleodesktop you have to pay to get the full version.

life is suffering.

>Windows 7
>Tor Browser

>waste of resources
>The Sims 4

Afaik Tor devs recommended it and the demo video on their website is from Win7 (;

Eh?

Less eyestrain at night, also this is probably the UI I'm going to be using for the next couple of years so having it look nice is a plus.

what's wrong with windows 7??

Running Windows XP on a comfy little crt monitor

>Less eyestrain at night
Turn on the lights if it bothers your pathetic weak eyes, neckbeard

Fair enough. Though I prefer to just turn the brightness of my monitor to the lowest (it reports as 0%, though it's still light).

That's not how it works. Nice try though.

>TOR Project urges users to stop using Windows, disable JavaScript
>The zero-day vulnerability allowed as-yet-unknown interlopers to use a malicious piece of JavaScript to collect crucial identifying information on computers visiting some websites using The Onion Router (TOR) network.

Yours is fine

It's how it works.
You know how your eyes don't hurt in the daytime? It's because there's light.

They just posted against using Win10 and 8. Anyway, I strictly use Tor to just look like I'm accessing something from a different country. Nothing that would require the anonymity Tor would (if) provide otherwise.

i've turned 20, lads

D:

i'm officially old

don't call me autistic

That's a pretty good theory you have. You should test it by staring at the sun. You would have the least amount of eyestrain then.

this is a desktop/ui thread, idiot.

You are literally retarted.

I think you mean figuratively. Double check, just to be sure.

I'm begging you to tell me how you made file explorer and such look like that? I loved the theme, I want it.

Happy birthday, but 20 is not old.

if you're over 24 you're practically ancient

Link to theme?

said the teenager. are you in a hurry or what? cunt

@55513209
idiot

Why were they banned? I miss talking about DEs and such. The one on /w/ is just animeposting while the one on /wg/ is very dry.

Between that and the disappearance of the hiki generals on /adv/ it feels like this place is getting less and less full of NEETs like me...

@55513220
whore

>he doesn't know all the NEETs are getting jobs
pathetic

>he doesn't know all the jobs are getting neat

>He doesn't know how to quote someone

I think "being in waist-deep shit to wade through in order to find good content" is a good summary of all of Sup Forums.

youtube.com/watch?v=OZA9ZxzpH78

using this

>skinpacks.com/after-dark-gray-theme-for-win10/

comfy

Much obliged, pardner.

My OSX clonery

According to the rules page for Sup Forums, you can fuck off with your summerfag whining.

>Sup Forums - Technology

> Images depicting the technology of past, present, and future are all welcome here.
> Tech support threads should be posted on /wsr/.
> You may use tags to highlight syntax and preserve whitespace. To use them, just wrap your code snippets like this.

It's all unofficial rules, which is why nobody gets banned for it. They'll probably be unbanned eventually, once the annoying shitposters leave (summer is over)

my first tyme using linux please be gentil

How?

Hi, summer.

@55517855
lol idiot

want to explain how to achieve this? I like it a lot

photoshop

install gentoo

rude, ftubuntu

>yfw when the doing it for free allows fucking pleb nonfree software le app face homescreen threads to stay, and not desktop/ui threads where only unix greybeards post, with handcrafted desktops, meticulously created from the ground up, and where we have deep and long conversations about the underlying software we use.

Well the thread hasn't been deleted yet... Maybe if we actually have proper desktop threads instead of the anime-tripfagging trash that used to be here, they'll be allowed to stay

got any info on uxthemepatcher?

googled it but they all look full of malware

you could just remove this board.. by banning all of those it would be dead anyway

windows 10 is comfy

Don't you like compton?

>>>/reddit/