So, what's the best 1070 at the moment?

I keep seeing Asus Strix ROG edition or G1 Gaming from Gigabyte.. (the latter being described as "cheap feeling plastic cooler").

I'm in the marked for a 1070 and I'm so lost.. why are there so few reviews/youtube comparisons on these cards?

Please help

Other urls found in this thread:

prisjakt.no/product.php?j=3718953,3734329
computerbase.de/2016-07/geforce-gtx-1080-partnerkarten-vergleich-test/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There's not many reviews because they are new, and not many people have them and have fully tested them yet.

Just wait a couple weeks and there will be better reviews and comparisons.

not true, there were lines in every major store to get them, a lot of people have the cards but not too many decide to share information.

Any suggestions on which one to get would be lovely, also dubs

EVGA seems to be the most popular on Sup Forums.

I would get an evga, msi, or asus.
evga has best warranty and other options though.

zotac for performance.

Care to elaborate? EVGA has several models, could you explain why (if u know) that's the best choice?

>being described as "cheap feeling plastic cooler"
Sounds like a safe bet if all they can complain about is some meaningless aesthetics.

Fucking normalfags, I swear.

Wouldn't the best be the cheapest? They're all 1070s.

I think their SSC models are probably the best. iirc that's the cheapest model with a custom PCB for better over clocking.

>why are there so few reviews/youtube comparisons on these cards?
because nobody has them

>1070 over 1080
Why

Consider the following (cheapest vs. most expensive card in Norway):
prisjakt.no/product.php?j=3718953,3734329

It seems the cheapest wins in this case.

There's reviews they just aren't very exciting. Strix, amp, gaming, g1, sc, gamerock are all so similar that you end up with 1 or 2 degree differences in temp with the same oc capacity.

money.

I can't shelf out enough for a 1080 and I don't think it's worth it, considering I'm not going to do any 4k gaming.

For 5 kroner more you get one that's overclocked.

If you don't care about aesthetics then get the Gainward Phoenix. Best performing card out of the box but also one of the quietest and coolest.
Just make sure you have room for it. It's 20mm taller than the PCI bracket and takes up three slots.

according to some stupid review I saw, the Gigabyte Extreme edition of 1070 will give you "10 fps more".. the clock differences aren't that much?

I remember when picking out a 970 there were so many strong stances on different aftermarket coolers, but now it's like nobody cares, even though 1070 is an amazing card :(

I got the EVGA GTX 1070 FTW edition for 428.68 USD, p decent price for a non-reference PCB.

isn't Gainward a shit brand tho?

I aim to not replace the card soon :D

Factory overclocks are irrelevant. Even still a high one like the gaming x for instance gets about 5 fps higher than fe on 1080p.

Every review of a custom 1070 I read has load temps at the same 70c-72c regardless of the model. The OC results are always 2050mhz-2100mhz.

computerbase.de/2016-07/geforce-gtx-1080-partnerkarten-vergleich-test/

>Gainward GeForce GTX 1080 Phoenix GLH
>Palit GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock Premium Edition

>33-34dBa during gaming
>71-72C during gaming

Forgot, the Gainward card ComputerBase received was able to hit 2114 MHz, but throttled down to 1987 MHz after 30 mins - still better than any other card bar the Zotac AMP! Extreme

also neither are available in the us.

Probably go MSI then, their fan design seems close to Gainward/Palit's

IIRC their warranty is better too

Yeah, dat GDDR5X thang is rly gud. Becuz the X thang.

1080 is pretty disappointing desu senpai. 25% more cores and gddr5x, only 15% faster in game frame rates over 1070.

halo cards always are

but at least it can get 4k30