Want to play chess online

>want to play chess online
>lichess is powered by javascript which while free as in freedom is not recognised as free by LibreJS and on top of that requires running a browser for what could easily be done in a standalone client
>tfw the bloatnet wants my computer to use more memory

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Sup
github.com/ornicar/lila
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lichess
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I thought you were trying to order pizza. How can you play chess on an empty stomach?

She's already dead, she's trying to play chess in hell.

>complains about non-free js
>on an imageboard using non-free js

github.com/Sup Forums/4chan-JS/blob/master/LICENSE
Oh, hey, look at that, free javascript.

Fucking retard.

1. Sup Forums's js is more free than feeedomest freedom ever freed.
2. You can just use board with js interpreter turned off.
So here's no problem even for RMS himself.

WRITE YOUR OWN CHESS GAME THEN FAGGOT

lichess is written in Scala, is it not?

Here's the source code for lichess
github.com/ornicar/lila

There are javascript interpreters and compilers you could use to make it standalone.

>oh no I have to use a browser to run JS programs
>but downloading a 400MB .NET runtime is perfectly fine!

It also uses a bunch of google JS that's not only not free, but obfuscated and actively compromises your privacy in spooky ways.

You can use the JS-less captcha, which doesn't require any botnet to run on your computer.

Meant for

Meant for Fuck

>freetards too stupid to handle Sup Forums
Lel

Doesn't help. They use non-JS browser fingerprinting too. Try it.

eat your pizza

>he doesn't have a Sup Forums gold account

>May 8, 2013

I don't care about that. I only care about free software.

Well, their code is also so unauditable they encrypt the replies and won't even describe how it works to interested governments, like in the UK. Lots of reasons to be pissed at them for this dodgy shit.

>not using Sup Forums X with noscript captcha enabled.

>code is also so unauditable they encrypt the replies and won't even describe how it works to interested governments
>the noscript captcha uses proprietary HTML blobs
wat

What other people do with their machines is not my responsibility. If some Javascript code is running on my machine, then that code should be free software.

>tfw the botnet doesn't want me to shitpost

>OP forgot to just try playing chess irl

>play chess with people in Korea
>in IRL

>what is amateur radio

>reaching Korea

>what is moonbounce

You really made it, didn't you? You fucking retard turned that into a real meme. I fucking hate you.

B-bump...

Did you know that you don't need a web browser to play chess online? Of course you did, you're just a shitposter.

>forced to own a portable botnet to run the andr*id app to avoid running a bloated browser to use the top freedoms-respecting chess network

Can't people still telnet into FICS or even ICC servers?
Chess games via email are still available as well.

Lichess is neither an FICS nor an ICC server, so it can only be accessed via its web interface or the app, until someone figures out the API and writes a standalone client for it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lichess
>Lichess is an Internet chess server created by Thibault Duplessis, a French programmer. The software running Lichess and the design are open source under the MIT license.[5]

If you equate play chess on-line with only one tool, Lichess, and refuse to look at any other, then you yourself are the tool.

Since OP mentioned Lichess specifically by name, that's probably where she wants to play chess for one reason or another.

Now I'm hungry for some food

Now I'm aroused. I want to feed her greasy, delicious pizza until her belt snaps, she's 3x the weight, and has 2 extra chins & zits.