All programming languages are shit

>Java
bloated crap requiring tons of boilerplate to print hello world
also
import java.awt.net.ebean.factory.async.collections.AsyncFactory
Bean beanBeanBeanFactory = new (Bean) beanBeanfactory((beanFactory) beanbean Factory)

also
stackoverflow.com/questions/1700081/why-does-128-128-return-false-but-127-127-return-true-when-converting-to-integ

>C++
memory leaks, memory leaks everywhere. also fucked OOP.

>Python
def adsfasfasdf():
asdfasdfadfadsfadsf

is a perfectly valid code that your interpreter won't yell about until you run it. this and many other features make it hard to maintain Python projects.

>JS
toy for script kiddies who want to animate snowflakes on their Taylor Swift fan site

>Haskell
unmaintained crap for scientists to get grants and write theses. no jobs.

>C#
requires Windows, you sell your soul.

>Go
the language is good, but no jobs, no package manager. seriously GO_PATH is as inconvenient as it gets.

Is there any good language on the market right now? I'm graduating next summer and I'd like to start a career with a language that wouldn't make me want commit suicide even more than I want now.

Other urls found in this thread:

webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/infectious-mononucleosis-topic-overview
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mono_(software)
docs.spring.io/spring-framework/docs/2.5.x/api/org/springframework/aop/framework/AbstractSingletonProxyFactoryBean.html
monodevelop.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cant stop laughing at all that bean shit oh my fucking god

>>C++
>memory leaks, memory leaks everywhere. also fucked OOP.
Pajeet go watch our next lesson about the street shitting

C or rust.
Everything else is irrelevant.

elm and elixir

Le ebean post

Loo

C is pretty cool, and Go proves that you don’t really need generic types, which is another good argument for C.

I can hardly see anyone in rust spend less time thinking about how they’re going to implement their design than thinking up said design, which is a big problem.

Wtf are 'beans'?

"People" Trump is gonna kick out when he becomes president.

Fuckin' a-men brother.

ebean 5/5

Perl

Which one?
LMAO

You're a poolish poolett and much like the indian, in the loo you don't poo, so fuck off.

You completely miss what is the problem in these languages.
C++14 is supposed to eliminate nearly all common memory leaks. And OOP is pretty solid.
However huge legacy, unhygienic macros and fucked up genetics is what is bad about it.
C# doesn't require windows.
The problem with JS is retreaded design and type casting, not the programmers.

Maybe you should do some research on them before showing ignorance on Sup Forums and hoping someone else will chose for you?

I hate this python thing... Why the fuck won't the interpreter complain if it's compiling to bytecode anyway??
I once spent almost 10€ on Amazon to run a Python script which crashed for a typo at the very fucking end making the computation useless. Fuck

Apple should bring back MS-DOS. It was my favorite programming language.

Let's see.
>Java
>bloated crap requiring tons of boilerplate to print hello world
Read a book on how to do it proper. Beans are shit though.

>C++
>memory leaks, memory leaks everywhere. also fucked OOP.
Memory leaks are your own fault. OOP isn't fucked up, but the syntax is mad gay as hell.

>Python
> *shit* is a perfectly valid code that your interpreter won't yell about until you run it.
Well yes, you define a function and a variable, it's your job to name shit properly if ASDFASDFSAAFSDFSD is confusing to you.

>JS
>toy for script kiddies who want to animate snowflakes on their Taylor Swift fan site
There isn't much of an alternative yet.

>Haskell
>unmaintained crap for scientists to get grants and write theses. no jobs.
Why the fuck are you even naming obscure shit

>C#
>requires Windows, you sell your soul.
>what is mono

>Go
>the language is good, but no jobs, no package manager. seriously GO_PATH is as inconvenient as it gets.
So you're saying not ALL languages are shit?

I think you're just whining like a dick because you can't deal with a few tiny issues a language might have.

>what is mono

webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/infectious-mononucleosis-topic-overview

Use Rust and Lua for hobbyist programing.
Use Java/C++/PHP for work. There isn't much alternatives.

KEK'd hard

what about CSS?

> >Python
> > *shit* is a perfectly valid code that your interpreter won't yell about until you run it.
> Well yes, you define a function and a variable, it's your job to name shit properly if ASDFASDFSAAFSDFSD is confusing to you.
He meant that asdfasdfadfadsfadsf will result in 'asdfasdfadfadsfadsf' is not defined.

Apparently Swift is a really cool language, It's currently the most popular on...I can't remember which site, github maybe? Cited reason are that it's easy to use, while still being powerful, basically it's the most comfy language at the moment. Plus the fact that it's now open source make its even better.

Learn Scheme.

>PHP
Why does this exist?
How can I not use it?
P-please answer

Swift as in iOS' language innit?
Pretty cool desu, would recomend verbose as fuck tho.

Have webserver which executes files that output html.

I'm about to get eaten alive for this but here it goes...

I like python. A lot. I've been programming for 10 years and went to school for comp engineering so I've had to use everything from Java down to assembler and everything in between on the spectrum.
Have is hands down my favorite language to develop ideas. It's great for making that transition between an algorithm on paper to an executable. Obviously you then can port the project to another language for optimization if you want. But for just tinkering with ideas, python is great.

Don't learn it as a first language though. Otherwise your code habits will be shitty.

>Bean beanBeanBeanFactory = new (Bean) beanBeanfactory((beanFactory) beanbean Factory)
This isn't even valid syntax, retard. What you have written makes no sense.

There's no need for an explicit cast to Bean, and in fact that's not even legal in combination with new. Constructors start with a capital letter. And I don't know what the fuck (beanFactory) beanbean Factory is supposed to mean, but it's clear you don't understand Java whatsoever.

Your comment about hello world boilerplate further proves that you missed the point of Java entirely. If you want to write hello world kiddie shit stick with a kiddie language like Visual Basic.

It's not real you stupid autist. It's not even valid Java.

Swift is nowhere close to the most popular language on Github. Java, Javascript and Python have several million more active repositories. Swift doesn't even break the top 10 most active languages.

R

lisp

what about C?

>filename: "Mother finds out that her son is an atheist"

Do not work as back end web dev. Is that simple.

That's best use case.
You just shouldn't use Python anywhere except for testing out ideas and proof of concept.

>Work back and front end for assorted mobile apps, started doing back end a few weeks ago, since I just started studying c#.net
>Mfw a fucking contratist we're using to transport shit sends us 4 php files as their "API"
>they're from prestashop

JUST MY ETERNAL SHIT UP.

>Java
Good language, I love it.

>C++
Good language, I like it.

>Python

>JS

>C#

The problem, user, is you. You are shit. And that circumstance is causing you to have have misconceptions about how good various programming languages are.

This.
I like all these languages. It's not pascal or COBOL, they all are good/fine when used correctly by someone who knows what he is doing.

top kek

C# doesn't require Windows. See Mono Project: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mono_(software)
.NET itself is open-source and cross-platform.

for C# no longer true, java boiz status: sweaty.

>haskell
>obscure shit
Let me tell you something about rebol

docs.spring.io/spring-framework/docs/2.5.x/api/org/springframework/aop/framework/AbstractSingletonProxyFactoryBean.html
This is a thing, though. It took me a half dozen readings to figure out WTF it is.

>links a stack overflow with dumb question amd answer to it which is an optimization
>doesnt even consider == not being the correct comparison anyway for objs and should be using .equal

Not our fault your dumb OP

>>Go
>the language is good, but no jobs, no package manager. seriously GO_PATH is as inconvenient as it gets.
this so much.
it has so many great features and its fairly easy to prototype in and then transition from the prototype to a full fledged project.
but the go path holy fucking shit man.
why cant they just install the tools and compiled binaries of projects to where ever go is installed to in the first place?
fuck.

If you think java is bad you don't want to see javascript

You're retarded.

kek

>go is good

I hate the fact that it forces me to go static... expect when it doesn't with their interface{} crap. you either allow me to have a fully typed program or you just give me dynamic language.

also another problem is that the creators said there likely won't be any go 2.0 in the near future(as in literally 20 years), and it sucks because it could used some more modern language constructs.

I'm working a Go job.

Then code in Assembler or binary, instead of crying.

Join the Rust masterrace.

I can confirm programming in binary is so fun.

That is an internal convenience class from a 10 year old deprecated version of a Spring. It's also not hard to understand what it does if you understand the basics of AOP.

I've never touched code before and am currently trying to learn Assembly because Python a shit

What am I in for

BASIC is objectively the comfiest programming language.

>What am I in for
Quitting before you learn anything useful just like you did with Python.

but c# doesn´t require windows
monodevelop.com/

We learn coding at our university with python. However, every course after that has a different programming language.

Learning everything bottom-top, eg asm -> C -> C++ -> Java can actually be good and give you great understanding on how things works = how to optimize your programs and it will make it much easier to learn new languages. Assuming you are really passionate and won't give up. It's not for everyone.

>and won't give up
He quit on his first language with the excuse that it was shit. If he knew five languages and decided Python wasn't for him it would be one thing because he had other languages to compare it to.

>is a perfectly valid code that your interpreter won't yell about until you run it. this and many other features make it hard to maintain Python projects.
If your interpreter yells at you about it, it isn't valid code, is it? It sounds like you want a psychic, not an interpreter.

>>JS
>toy for script kiddies who want to animate snowflakes on their Taylor Swift fan site
I don't think you know what a "script kiddy" is. If someone writes their own scripts, they're the opposite of a skid.
Also, you use CSS animations for animated Taylor Swift snowflakes, n00b sux0r.

>>Go
"All languages are shit."
"The language is good."
The world is shit, not the language. I don't ever have any issues with GO_PATH and I don't really get why you would need a package manager when you can just use git clone.

>Is there any good language on the market right now?
No, you're a stupid muh_lang_isn't_good_unless_JOBS pajeet, so you're too stupid for Prolog or Fortran, and the languages that are pajeet friendly and also have jobs are ones you don't like.

I think you are right, user.

Yup. I think rust is unironically the best language right now, even though it could be more concise in some places.

>Go
>good
MY SIDES!

It's very real. In fact, it's a lot less convoluted than most real-world examples.

?
Rust pretty much just werks. Put an & in front of shit you don't want to mutate and put an &mut otherwise. That's about all will think about design-wise. The debugger error messages are also the best of any compiler I've seen, even better than ocaml's.
It's true that you will need a day or so to get used to the borrow checker, though. For example, access rules are dictated by the function caller and this slightly changes the typical style of code you write from blackbox to toolbox.

That isn't valid Java and it won't compile under any existing JVM.

>I once spent almost 10€ on Amazon to run a Python script which crashed for a typo at the very fucking end making the computation useless. Fuck
Every fucking time. Yet python is the de facto language in my field despite this being a very common issue which people keep complaining about in the mailing lists.

People that still recommend dynamically typed languages should be shot.

>not testing shit before you run it for real

You should try Ruby, OP

/thread

You can't "test shit before you run it for real" with compute-heavy software. It would take several days just getting the thing to be ready to execute without an actual device. Even if you ran a modified version on the actual hardware, because it's not the real thing, you don't know if it won't explode somewhere else when running the real thing.

> assuming you can test everything in a reasonable amount of time

Go back to writing web apps.

>make it hard to maintain Python projects.
The company I work for is the biggest python company in this region of England, with about ~115 repos, and between the dozens of programmers, nobody has trouble maintaining these projects.

The only time shit gets tough is when some faggot uses some shitty golfing shortcut, or overdoes it with the functional (which python is alright for, but has many constructs like list comprehensions that are more readable)

When I previously worked with Java, it wasn't much easier to debug, you don't see much of these type errors as it's a simple and easy-to-follow language

Basically this

Some of the shit I do requires 1-2 minutes per iteration on an g2.x8large, I can't really test it on my 500€ laptop from 2012
>that poorfag feel

>implying you can't
TDD is notorious for being quick, as you only implement what's necessary, and scaling is effortless

TDD idiots are probably going to tell you to use mocks when all the complex logic is in the routines that take forever and can't be realistically mocked.

Software engineering and programmers that act like sw engineers are literally the worst possible things ever happened to technology. All these smug fucks with their special snowflake techniques that focus on the process rather than the product.

I had to take 2 (motherfucking TWO) SE classes at uni so far, I wanted to kill myself both times. This one bitch made us write 1000 pages of documents for a fake project about an Android app.
Thank god I pivoted to AI

complex logic is exactly why you would use mocks. You don't want to care about the endless possibilities that the logic can go through, just the limited set of possible results.

That being said, you can't attribute using mocks to TDD users. In my company, we barely use mocks as Django and libraries like django-webtest, django-dynamic-fixtures, etc, isolate components for you without sacrificing the possible special results that you've manually added into the mocked components.

In the TDD community, there is a known divide between people isolating for purity, and people who understand there is complex logic branching 2 different layers together.

TDD is not some corporate meme like Agile and is useful for this:
I used to do devving without TDD, but TDD brings in direction, clear code (because it doesn't branch or care about future possibilities), and extensibility (which makes it easy to fuck to adapt a giant project to future possibilities that you do end up taking).

It makes devving so much faster as there is constant direction and comparatively less time wasting, and a nice, passing test suite with good code and use case coverage is satisfying

So basically you hardcode shit in order to pass the tests and call that efficient? I get it man, but I seriously wouldn't take this beyond webdev

#rekt and #checkt

Yes, it's efficient if you've ever actually had experience with it.

I only picked up TDD from the job I got at March, and had already been working on my own game and website years prior. It is efficient to waste substantially less time refactoring and extending the game without bringing on board a ridiculous amount of issues relating to prematurely implementing features you thought you would have, or implementing things that no longer work due to slight coupling. It's not something you can debate conceptually, if you don't have practical experience, you can't say it doesn't work

That's cool timmy. Go play with the other pajeets, the adults are talking.

My name's not timmy, you complete melt

I told you that I get how you'd see this as efficient, but it's "oh God the hackathon ends in 6 hours"-tier efficiency

>"oh God the hackathon ends in 6 hours"-tier efficiency
So you mean it's efficient in the sense that getting code to work quickly and as expected by various specs is efficient? I agree mayne

You're a webdev AND an indian, a'ight.
Back to your analytics-centered websites you go, we'll be talking about grown-up stuff here

this

>>C#
>requires Windows, you sell your soul.
not for long with .NET Core and the roslyn compiler. Also mono.

>career
Regardless of what job you get the code you'll be working on will probably be bloated unmaintained legacy spaghetti code written by retards and pajeets.

So people hate python because it does not check your code before you try to run it? Why not just so that yourself?

>>JS
>Good language

No... just no :)

I primarily do games, and am not indian

>Language used by almost every website out there
>bad

public class ExampleClient {
public static void main(String[] args) {
System.out.println("Hello World!");
}
}

Oh wow look at alllll that boilerplate /s

That's more by necessity than choice though. There are a ton of languages built on top of js now which compile down to js, just for the purpose of never having to write actual js. In larger or more complex applications it's completely unmaintainable by itself.

js wasn't designed with today's web in mind, and it's starting to show its age in that regard.

This. Most companies don't give a shit about half of the design principles you have probably been trained to worship.