Daily reminder that everyone who bought pic related on it's debut day got golden for 5 years

Daily reminder that everyone who bought pic related on it's debut day got golden for 5 years

i have a 2520m can i join the club

2500K master race here

bought in 2011 and still going strong.
HD6950 (unlocked to 6970) is getting weak tho.

hands down, best system I ever bought.

Q8200 reporting in, where do I sign up?

i have the non K version. im perfectly happy with it since i dont OC.

It will be the same with Zen tbqh

>Implying Zen will not be failure

Where do I sign up?

I had the 2600k then switched to 3770k which I still use c:

got i3 2100 still going strong for my htpc
i do hope i can still use it in 2018 and the motherboard doesn't die on me

Look's like iam so fockin golden

Nigga I'm still rocking a C2D E6400 in my living room PC. Only thing I've upgraded is the gpu.

>tfw Phenom 955 and reaching the end of its lifespan
;-;

if only pic related aged just as well

S A N D Y B R I D G E M A S T E R R A C E

ivy bridge is beautiful too

still C2D E6550 2,33@3,5GHz here

Daily reminder that everyone who bought pic related on its debut day got golden for 5 years

Still running 2500k only started OC last year

Same with my 3570K

Sandy Bridge
Sandy Hook
Think about it

still getting my golden days from the phenom you jew

I've built my gf a PC so she can play Diablo 3 and WoW using all my scraps left over from my upgrades.

It's got a Phenom II x4 965, 8 GB RAM, GTX 750ti and an SSD. It's a nice little machine considering it was essentially free.

Reporting it. Had this since 2011, only thing i've replaced is the GPU (6970 > 980). Windows 10 has much better CPU utilisation than Windows 7 for anyone still using the 2500k.

Most likely gonna replace the entire build in 2018 with cannonlake/HBM2 gpu/1440p freesync/gsync monitor. Hopefully that will last as long as the 2500k build did.

Reporting in with non-K version, is good shit since day one

>Unlocked & Unleashed

BDSM

What mobo are you guys using?

Daily reminder that everyone who bought pic related on it's debut day got golden 10 years ago

Simply the best, probably gonna keep mine for another 5 years

got an i5 2500k and 6950 as well but the 6950 died last year so I got a 280

I would still use my q6600+some amd graphics card, maybe it was 7890? If that pc worked

5820K master race reporting. Looking forward to not upgrading my CPU for the next ~10 years.

My nigga

I have zero regret about the 2500k, but I'm starting to think about upgrading, but I also want a new gpu as well...

ASrock Z77 Extreme4

Did you replace it or still going strong? Mine just died so I'm looking for a replacement

>you bought 6850

i feel so left out

>zen will just be sand bridge performance

2500K owner reporting in, planning on upgrading when transistors hit 10 nanometers

Still going strong, no signs of it quitting anytime soon. It's out of retail AFAIK tho.

who's

/athlon+X2+3GHz+waiting+for+Zen/ here?

bought mine in 2011, working at 4600 MHz since then, solid as fuck.

i5 2400 in my build from 2011. Still going strong! Hoping my current build will last another 2/3 years until I've saved enough for a high tier build.

>botnet

Reminder that if you bought an i7-920 back in the day like I did, you are still golden with it even now @ 3.7ghz overclock.

i7-970 was/is better.

If I overclock a 920 to 3.2 ghz i'd have exactly the same CPU.

...you realize the 970 has 2 more cores right?

>Tfw you bought the 2400

I bought a 1090T in 2010 and I will still be using it into 2017.

>2520m
>m

No, but now you mention it, it was twice the price because of that, wasn't it?

What do you guys of thinking upgrading to a 4790k from 2320

it'll be a whole new build. Feels like its getting sluggish but i think its the harddrive.

This thread sent me on tangent looking at a new technology they're coming out with 3D XPoint ssd tech.

IN a couple years, loading programs will be a thing of the past. Everything will load instantly.

lol the single core performance is just so shit though... AMD cannot into single core.

I got mine for like $490 at my local microcenter. I think they were originally like $800 or 900.

>Q8200
Nowhere.
Q6600, Q6750 and Q6850 are the good C2Q ones.
Q8/9000 series was meh unless you went with Q9550.

what would that mean for databases?

It was fantastic indeed. I only replaced mine for skylake a few days ago because my motherboard bricked during a bios update, otherwise I was hoping to get at least another year our of it. Was 11 days short of 5 years ago I bought it.

I have one

I don't know how to OC it though

faster access, faster reads/writes

hey guys im having fun too

>there are morons who upgrade every generation, every year
kek

>mfw i skipped ivy bridge
>mfw i skipped haswell
>mfw i skipped broadwell
>mfw i skipped skylake

i7 3770 here

Just upgraded from GTX 6600 to GTX 1070

everything is tits

I went from a Q6600 to an i7-5820k. I probably wont get another CPU for 6-8 years unless something comes along requiring more CPU power.

i was on an e4300 since 2006
SU9400 1.4ghz in uni
L5420 3 years ago
skylake 6700k this year

Master race reporting in.

that's a pretty nice overclock you got there

>those temps

Recommend me a fire station.

My Q6600 cant compete anymore in 2016

Gonna replace it with i5 6600

I realize that i5/i7-ANYTHING is fast enough and I'm so happy that computers work as well as they do today versus how life was when I was computing back in 1999 on an absolute PIECE OF SHIT Pentium 2 desktop that was slow as fuck, but I really feel like there is room for improvement. I can feel it.

I still feel delays in every action. When you load any website, even the smallest websites and ones with the most direct pipes through your ISP (like Google.com), there is still a momentary delay before the page loads on your screen. I don't think that is a CPU problem, more of a statement on technology as a whole, but even when I do something as simple as opening a folder on my computer, there is a microscopic bit of delay that I cannot say is "instantaneous."

I feel like the computers of 2025 are going to nail down that speed issue I see and if you ever go back to using a computer of 2016 you will feel the difference.

Yeah, I had to replace mine earlier this year, was just getting too slow.
The 5820k was only $290 at microcenter, otherwise i'd have probably gotten the 6600k or 6700k.

calm the fuck down, dude.

You know "3D Xpoint" is just a meme buzzword (buzzphrase?) right?

It's literally just PCM storage, which is where 99.99% of its performance claims come from, the crossbar to change bits in the middle is just a gimmick that has next to no real world performance benefits, outside of select applications that are damn-near impractical considering the cost of the crossbar implementation during manufacturing.

But mercy forbid you people here at Sup Forums even do the slightest bit of research instead of just retching up whatever shit intel, AMD or nVidida shit down your collective throats, because that'd be goddamned PRACTICAL, and who has the time for that shit?

Gods I hate post-2007 Sup Forums.

fucken witnessed

Hello frens

see

why do you need all those giggidies

> implying he has a girlfriend

same with my 4770k

Music, tv shows, movies. Plus I'm a hobbyist /p/haggot...dem RAWs take up plenty of space.

>bought the i7 930 on its release date back in Q1 2010
>still using it
>no regrets
feels good

Sabertooth z77

why trust any closed-source OS if you're going to be that paranoid about microsoft's intentions?

>i7 930
so literally $75 more than an i7-920 on launch day for the multiplier to be set from 20 to 21. wow a whole 133MHz faster than the 920...

Both OC to the same level, you just wasted money

>my system is literally completely up to date, I literally bought my system at the perfect time for the perfect price, intel/AMD literally went full kike mode literally the day after I bought my setup, I have literally no reason to upgrade, enjoy your 5% upgrades you cucks, please don't make me feel bad about being poor
>DDR3

lel

>5 years
lel
>mfw I was using an overclocked e2160 until last month

Q9x50 where the good new gen at the time.

>tfw you're not a cuck and only paid 225€

Yeaaah buddy, I haven't even overclocked mine and I honestly see no point in upgrading yet.

Might replace the 760 with a 480 but eh, not sold on it yet. Definitely replacing my three conventional HDD's with one 1TB SSD. I've only got like 400 GB used in storage, don't need this much space anymore.

>e2160

That's probably okay if you don't like video games or really anything too intensive at all.

I build a PC back in 2008 and used a e2180 and Geforce 7300gt and very distinctly remember being at like 70% cpu load whenever watching high quality x264 1080p video and could only play Oblivion at 20fps (40fps if I toggled off grass).

that e21** line of dual-core chips were pretty good for their price though. Think I only spent like $70 on mine back then.

Yeah singlethread kind of sucks, but it's still good enough for my purposes.

90% chance that my next build will be Intel.

You said you got it on the release date, how did you manage to get it almost half off?

E2180 master race reporting in

I could run oblivion just fine on high settings back in the day with my 9600GT and the E2180 oc'd to 3.0GHz

If you want a significant upgrade on the cheap, go on amazon and buy a used Core2Duo E8400 for $10.

It'll blow your meager E2160/E2180's out of the water. It's compatible with your guys' motherboards. I made that very upgrade years ago and it was huge.

However, since last year I bought a new (used) machine entirely. Today, my i5 2500 machine is significantly greater (leaps and bounds) than my C2D E8400 machine.

well, I thought about buying a QX6700 off ebay

well I upgraded to memelake already because the e2160 died after 9 years of running it at 80%OC with a stock cooler

Upgrading from an i7 2860QM to a 6700k next month, should be good.

Step up, sempai.