$9 CHIP pc

>Expected Delivery Day: Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Barring some unfortunate delays, I'm finally getting my $9 CHIP pc tomorrow.

Did you guys bother buying one of these? Do you have it already? Did it actually come with the composite video cable? I've been hearing mixed reports that some people who pre-ordered one last year got one for free, while the website says it's sold separately. Luckily for me, I actually own a 3.5mm video to composite video cable already so this isn't a concern.

I'm excited. I'm just genuinely curious to see how well this thing performs and how much stuff I can run at once before it bottlenecks. Though, I'm already totally aware that the meager 512MB DDR3 is damn restrictive. I'm going to shut off the desktop environment and control it over SSH to really bring down the load as much as I can.

Other urls found in this thread:

getchip.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sup Forums right now:
"Oh shit, an actual tech thread, let's hope it goes away unnoticed!"

What do u even intend to do with it?

I wish Hiroshima Nagasaki would make the /consumer/ board already.

I was interested but shipping costs me more than the actual product - so fuck that.

Check out the Orange Pi One.
10$, better specs, onboard ethernet and hdmi instead of wifi and bluetooth.

bump for interest

Cute :3

Immediately, I want to get SSH setup and lurk in my favorite irc channels 24/7, then torrents and ftp server. I've already heard of other things people have done like plugging in a webcam and making it a security camera. I really just want to goof around and put a lot of mostly useless shit on it that runs 24/7 like that.

mine arrived about a week ago. Just a chip basic, no header boards or anything.

Got it on the back of my television, connected to Scart.

So far it's running w3m, OpenTTD which I play with my friends, Irssi which I use to shitpost all over rizon and freenode and a few other utility things.

I like it because it's powered from the television itself, which means it conveniently turns on when I turn on the television.

Enjoy your CHIP user, it's a cool little machine. I'm glad to see you didn't fall for the PocketCHIP meme.

>I'm glad to see you didn't fall for the PocketCHIP meme.

I see absolutely no point in that. If I want to do portable computing, I'll just use a phone or a laptop.

You really plan on doing all that over a wireless connection?

I'm from ROmania but i'd buy one senpai. Where'd u get it? What do you plan to do iwht it? I'm thinkin about making a portable emulator machine. Do you have a case for it?

I bought one on Thursday to use as Seedbox and backup server, dunno when it'll ship though.

They send an email right?

Yes. Maybe not heavy torrenting, but other stuff should be fine by wifi

getchip.com/

No case. I intend to just velcro it on the back of my tv. Emulation would be pretty neato.The meager 640x480 resolution is completely fine for NES, SNES, and Genesis games.

You're probably going to be waiting a long time. I ordered mine back in December and only now getting it.

I got mine on Friday, currwntly running openbox and kinda mirroring my desktop setup. Having some video issues, though… Any 2D emulators I've tried to run play at about 1FPS, and act like they're using software rendering. Haven't been able to get passed this…

drop the UI stuff and learn to ssh

Um… For what reason? I'm using this for an arcade cabinet, not a server.

Oh. I misinterpreted your post. Have you tried an NES emulator?

OP here, I just checked the USPS tracking website again and it updated

>Updated Delivery Day: Monday, July 11, 2016

So why should I get this over a Raspberry Pi zero?

because pi zeroes are impossible to find at their actual advertised price.

Ordered one just last week for 5$ if you don't count the shipping.

Still? I got mine day one. So I missed that shit.

where? adafruit? it's sold out right now.

pihut

>eurofag

you don't count. it's always easier for you guys to get Pi's since they originate from your region.

They ship worldwide.
Didn't even save money as a eurofag, for some dumb reason shipping in the EU costs the same.