github.com/cmdrkotori/mpc-qt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i believe op is the fat guy in the picture irl

yes

You butthurt faggots are just jealous

>jealous of broken OS for r9k NEETs

not more so than posting on Sup Forums

who the fuck are you to judge?

Fucking kill yourselves and take your memes with you.

Epic memes, uovoted.

the person who makes these has a grudge and it shows

I wonder what happened

>Projecting this hard

he was butthurt and couldn't install arch xDD
DUMB NOOBUNTU FAGS!

Arch is the comfiest DIY distro. And it is actually pretty straight forward for daily usage.

I have been helping Sup Forums's Linux newcomers long before /flt/ was a thing.

AMA. My favourite distro is Arch

Look, you're too stupid to install arch Linux, I get it. No need to take it out on Linux users smarter than you.

>Look, you're too stupid to install arch Linux
lol yeah xDD
copying commands from wiki made me into haxx0r
pic related muh epic desktop :D

Arch Linux let's me have the latest packages, enjoy having to wait for patches pleb.

Ubuntu's package repository is actually bloated. If you want proof, go install screenfetch. It'll install scrot as well. Arch repo, however won't install the bloat for you :)

there's no use this guy has fully convinced himself that the problem is with everybody else

do you really want to spend your time playing shrink with overgrown children?

until you pull any KDE software and 'pacman -Syu' starts pulling 700mb of shit every week

can't really blame Arch for that though

how do i remove systemd pkg sensei
atm i think it only satisfies dependencies and gives systemd-udevd
i see an unofficial no systemd repo but im not sure what i need to replace

>Want KDE but don't want KDE

I don't want all of KDE I just fucking want krita what's so hard to understand about that

I think Void Linux might be more up your alley

until the day you realize systemd is actually good and that you're better off with it than without

I really like KDE. KDE in arch has three meta groups.
plasma-desktop for minimal desktop
plasma meta and plasma meta.

You should have installed the plasma-desktop. Now

If you are worried about the package sizes why are you using a DE, moreover why are you using KDE?

What's wrong with systemd?
systemd-free.org/

Wait until snaps come to Arch then.
>Protip
The snaps package will be heavier

plasma-meta and plasma*

i dont even give a fuck about arch. i just love shitposting lmao

Apart from the LTS repo availability, What makes people think Fedora/Ubuntu/Debian is better than Arch?

They actually work

ever wonder why people don't take you seriously?

>inb4 because I am a fat manlet
No that's not it

these comics exist long before that even happened. but you wouldn't know that, summerfag

take me serious? on Sup Forums? AYYY LMAO

What do you mean they work?

I am going to take Ubuntu as an example because it is objectively superior than Fedora, and even in some cases, debian.

Ubuntu released their LTS distro with gtk3-xorg bug. The repo indexing is broken and the installer doesn't work. There are themeing issues as well. What makes ubuntu any different than Arch if anyone gets past the installation?

And it was still the same fatso.

>bleeding edge
so... open sores?

Yes, it an 18+ site. If you can't cope up go to Sup Forums

>trying this hard

here. I still find no mature counter arguments ITT. Anyone up?

kek I haven't seen this one yet

here, let me put it as simply as possible.

>install krita
>pulls random KDE software
>which in turn pull a shitload of libs
>now my local repos are bloated and updates waste bandwidth

I don't use krita anymore so that might be fixed nowadays but still.

>Wait until snaps come to Arch then.
the only legit use for snaps (or any similar kind of package) is commercial shit that can't be repackaged by distro maintainers. it will solve the problem of shitty half assed installers that only target ubuntu 12.04.

I don't ever want my FLOSS to be handled by that shit.

Lol dude nobody cares. 50% of Sup Forums's anons are here just to shitpost or get free gaymen advice.

git compile, simple.

Will you stop replying to this blatant shitposter. He doesn't give a fuck if you don't like him.

So it's just a shitpost thread?

I actually realised something. Now that indians have infested Redhat we get just as much shilling for Fedora/redhat and shitposting for windows in Sup Forums. How ironic

>I couldn't install arch so I will wine about it on Sup Forums

Then ask Krita devs to remove all unneeded dependencies with KDE. This isn't an Arch issue.

pretty much true except for the pajeet fedora shilling. its mostly amd vs nvidia and ms vs os x vs ganoo/lin-ox. programmers seem to squabble amongst each other as far as ive seen.

lol the newfag doesnt get it

I installed it a week ago because I was curious and because of memes.
I haven't run into any problems yet, and I also don't pretend that I now know more about computers than I did before.
Only bad people bully others for their choice of distro, [spoiler]unless it's ubuntu.[/spoiler]

>and I also don't pretend that I now know more about computers than I did before

it actually is a decent learning experience though, about Linux if not computers in general

How so? Setting it up takes maybe an hour if you know what you're doing. After that it just werks.

the only reason I dont want to use oogaboogaboontoo is the retarded name

>complete waste of time
>goes out of way to make thread about it
>wut r priorities?

anyone able to see arch without seeing the fat autist inside?
I want to go back desu

Only faggots with a BMI of 39 can see that

found the wristlet who cant carry superior linux approved thinkpads
eat more you skinny runt haha
come back when you can install arch or gentoo and then wheel talk

wow nigger are you 12?

It just implies that not being able to copy commands from the wiki makes you pretty stupid.

I use arch just for AUR and it only has shit I need; i hate those faggots who lord it over everyone tho, use what you want its your damn computer

Go back to your daycare board basement dwelling manchild

ahah Arch is such a meme
What about Manjaro?

I gave in and fell for the meme last month.
>spend hour learning to install Arch
>finish it
>everything is half working and feels like a BSD

Never again

Fuck off. It's a good distro. And thanks to some very helpful people, it's trivial to remove shitstemd and install openrc.

Same

I love arch, because unlike Ubuntu, it usually fucking works, and I can fucking fix it when it breaks.

The first time I installed Arch, it still had an installer. I liked it so much I installed it a couple of times afterwards, without installer, as well. It's as solid and reliable as any other distro I've used, and I've used tons of them, getting into linux around 2002 or 3.
I've tested a wide variety of de's and wm's on arch and must say that the ootb experience is as nice as any other distro.
The first time I installed it without installer it seemed kind of complicated, but the next time was much easier.
I had taken the time to learn to set up a chroot to test software, because of a thread on it I saw on stack exchange. So I had a much better idea of what arch-chroot was actually doing and the overall process as well the 3rd time around. The installation was way easier. I think every linux user should learn to set up a chroot to repair their system.
The arch installation actually simplifies many steps building a linux system, so if you think it's uneccessarily complicated, it just means you need to get gud.
On the other hand, you shouldn't think you're a linux guru because you can install it.
You haters don't have a clue, and your worn out copy paste memes aren't even close to the mark.
Arch is one of the best distros you can get.

>install Ubuntu/debian
>lol compile rtorrent from source by hand because the repo's have a bad version

>install arch
>everything just werks
>no issues with trying to install software
>the aur is god's gift to neckbeards

I fell for the hype. I installed it, made everything work. Then I sat there, an thought "now what?" Where should I go? Should I go and brag in reddit or Sup Forums? Used an old wallpaper from nextstep, and the look-and-feel was that of business 90's style. I took screenshots and posted them around on the world wide web. People didn't respond, and I felt like an idiot.

I did this several times.. And I realized that it's just another distro.. Not that hard to install.. Just normal and boring.

Greetings from /fglt/

Very few distros are better than Arch. This is coming from an experienced Linux user.

As an experienced linux user, I find arch to be nothing special.

Doesn't negate my point. Arch is just easy to deal with.

I remember what pain in the ass it was to set up HPN-SSH in my slackware build

sounds right. considering the most highly functional computers in the world use a OS with a graphical installer, why bother with elite GANOO/LINOX when bsd at it's core is probably way better, considering all the matrix seeing motherfuckers who have been writing it since the late 60's. EVERY modern operating system has tried to imitate it.

Nothing really works in BSD

I've tried arch and bsd on a desktop.
Arch is top tier.
BSD is utter garbage.

>High school only uses Winshit 7

>Want to avoid but could flunk if I don't use their computers

What do, Sup Forums people?

2. You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

I handpicked every element of my system from wm to terminal and file manager, trying to choose the most hipster option every step.
My end result was a shit system.
My_surprised_face.jpeg

Stop it

./configure
make
make install

There, I too can have the latest updates.

But I was clean shaven when I did Gentoo stage 1 emerges, and LFS builds.

Damn, that was nearly a decade ago...

Go install this and post screenshot gist.github.com/ahodesuka/01213036b58e510dc074

It's summer, why is this fag in high school anyways

lolno.

I don't have a non production Linux box running at the moment, and most certainly don't pull code from repo's posted to Mongolian cave drawing boards by Anony moose users.

>copying commands from wiki made me into haxx0r
Fuck you. That's how it's done with most distros. Install Gentoo without a manual fuckface. You'll get nowhere.

No that means you simply can't compile this with those 3 commands, winkid. Now get out of this thread

It's a patch, retard. It doesn't on its own compile.

But please, continue to be butt hurt.

If there are any Sup Forums newfags reading this thread, please remember that the Arch hate is just a meme.

If you can read and follow directions, you can install Arch and whatever desktop environment you want in a couple hours. Arch is simply a system without much of the unecessary programs that other distros come with out of the box. You just install what you need. It's not hard if you're rudimentarily familiar with Linux and can look things up. Afterwards you have truly your own system, and yes, it's very stable.

Sup Forums actually proded me to try it out and how I run it on my two main machines. It's a great distro.

I've set it up 3 years ago and it "just werks" ever since than. I could solve the few rare problems by rolling affected packages back for a week or so.
Still have no idea if the community is cancerous or not because i've never interacted with them.

Why are ubuncucks so insecure?

Oh okay go compile this with those three commands only github.com/cmdrkotori/mpc-qt

>since than

> Being this ass mad...

install kde or other de.
You install a metapack.
You can delete the metapack itself after it pulls in all your kde parts. That way you won't get the full meal deal update every week.
Another option is to get pacman to list the contents of a metapackage, then copy paste the obvious essentials and the parts you want, and let pacman resolve the dependencies.
There's a big and lite metapackage for kde, and individual smaller metapacks for kdegames etc you can use the same methods for.

>there I'll do it this way :DDDD
>okay do this then
>lol no :DDD
>okay do that then
>"being this mad X-DDDDDDDD"
This is how much you know about Linux. Go back to Sup Forums with your computer illiteracy. Sup Forums has had enough of low IQ Sup Forums spillage

>This is how much you know about Linux
Yeah, you're ass mad. It's alright, user, but you might want to re-read > Go back to Sup Forums with your computer illiteracy.
Linux != Computer literacy. But I enjoy making money, so I'll stay in the Windows and Unix worlds...