What do you guys think of zeronet? i have a couple interesting links

What do you guys think of zeronet? i have a couple interesting links.

Other urls found in this thread:

127.0.0.1:43110/0chan.bit/
127.0.0.1:43110/kaffiene.bit/
127.0.0.1:43110/zeroid.bit/
nytimes.com/2016/06/08/technology/the-webs-creator-looks-to-reinvent-it.html?_r=0
youtube.com/watch?v=FFPjJM6yYS8
bit.no.com:43110
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/11/how-a-group-of-neighbors-created-their-own-internet-service/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

opportunistic vaporware

For some reason this dead altchan is one of the most popular site on the zero net 127.0.0.1:43110/0chan.bit/

its released and has as many users as i2p. How is it vaporware.

Most active search engine 127.0.0.1:43110/kaffiene.bit/

127.0.0.1:43110/zeroid.bit/
get your zeronet id here.

Its nice but i think it wont last.

Nice aesthetic.

I agree.

It has a good A E S T H E T I C

So because the main sites are "fancy" that makes the whole thing bad? how?

[spoiler]I actually like vaporwave[/spoiler]

It's a really clean design I appreciate. I still don't know how zeronet work completely, but it wasn't meant as an insult

I like it better than the tor network because tor is just cp and drugs.

Nice failed spoilers.

Still don't really understand why it didn't spoiler

Spoilers don't work on every board, summerfag.

I've been on Sup Forums for a while, just never needed to use the spoiler tags...

Really? Where do we see usercount? More importantly, what about speed? Is it at least as fast as IPFS?

Nothing on ZeroNet you can't find on the clearnet. Waste of time.

Based inbred.

Why would anyone use this? Won't it die out if people stop using it because lol decentralized?

In the exact same way that a website stops working when the central authority goes down. The only difference is that if the central authority goes down, the website doesn't go down unless nobody on the network has the data, which is simply not happening for any site that's even remotely popular. Additionally, hosting costs are virtually 0 since if nobody uses your site, nobody uses your resources, and if someone uses your site, someone is helping you host your site.

You fags are missing out on a whole new universe to populate.

Then answer this you fucking faggot.

The speed is just fine. Sometimes I get disconnected but it is temp. There is a dashboard you can pull out to see how many connections there are to a given site I think.

What does "just fine" mean? Pull up the network analysis tool from your favorite browser and show a few sites, plus what the site looks like.

The controls and layout is responsive.

There are under 800 unique sites.

Searches are fast and yyou can usually find what you want.

The reason I told you to pull up your browser's network debug tools is because it typically gives fetch time for each document downloaded on the page, which accounts for both latency and download speed, instead of download speed alone.

I'm tech illiterate. Just get the installer and see for yourself. :^)

>it just werks

Another retarded shill outed for what he is. My job here is done. No need to thank me, Sup Forums.

What do you guys think of zerochan?

I'm amazed by the idea of having sites without central servers. This should be the future of the www.

The WWW creators are working on something like that...
nytimes.com/2016/06/08/technology/the-webs-creator-looks-to-reinvent-it.html?_r=0

It will. It already has some passionate users and in time it will atract more.

Get off your ass and actually look into it, autist.

>go download this virus good goy

Shit meme, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=FFPjJM6yYS8
a bunch of cuban made there own internet.

Here is a porxy if you would like to try it out without downloading and installing it:
bit.no.com:43110

Why can't we do that?

zerochan has a thread about this thread.

I know I have started it ;^)

Says someone who wastes his/her time on Sup Forums.

It is a promising new project containing sites without any central server, hence no adds and central censorship.

And no Fucking Captcha on 0chan.

Okay so I followed the instructions on the github page to download zeronet and now have the folders and files in pic related... What do I do from here?

>Why would anyone use this?

For example, because we believe a better brighter future for the internet which is free and democratic at it was originally dreamed of. And for getting away a bit from the centralized tyranny of the current internet owned and controlled by some central corporations bombarding you with ads and selling you out.

> Won't it die out if people stop using it because lol decentralized?

No. The old and obsolete centralized internet will die when people will switch to decentralized ones.

I couldn't get it to work for mac. so i don't know.

Just figured it out!

Drop the ZeroNet.app into the terminal and press enter

If you use a GNU/Linux open a terminal. cd to ZeroNet folder start zeronet.py there by giving the following command:
$./zeronet.py

(You may need to install python.)

If you use windows, you have to wait for the answer of somebody else because I have quit using windows in the last century. (But probably you have to run zeronet.py by some python interpreter on windows too...)

We will see. I can also imagine that it will grows into something amazing in a couple of years.

I like zeronet, needs more content.

0chan needs more memes

>0chan has over 3k peers
Did we deed id reddid? Is it time to jump ship unto a new Sup Forums? Do we finally have a new home away from the absolute cancer that Sup Forums has become?

at one post per hour? you'd be better off even on cripplechan or lainchan

It could grow exponentially if anyone from Sup Forums came to it.

0chan is still a kind of underground chan that is going to gain traction as 0net gains traction (and as non-undesirables are introduced to it). Due to the nature of the network, it's unlikely that what happened to 8ch will happen here. 8ch is dead, which is not the same as not being alive yet. Namely, it's overrun by redditumblrtards and everyone knows about the place, so it's impossible to discuss anything there. All desirables have been pushed away.
Lainchan is too focused on a handful of topics to ever be mainstream, and their administration is pants-on-head retarded. The userbase is also pretty shit.

Compared to other not-alive-yet and dead chans, 0chan has first mover advantage for being on 0net, doesn't inherently limit itself to specific discussion (it's limited due to the low userbase for now just like Sup Forums was at the beginning), it's not tight on budget or resources and it actually has several thousand users (whereas other dead or not-alive-yet chans tend to have at most in the low hundreds, typically in the dozens).

Good point i'm going to browse both Sup Forums and 0chan.

list of not cancered not dead chans
8ch.pl
endchan.xyz
zerochan.

Yeah, they should fix that so commoners can access.

Endchan is pretty not alive and has something like 5 users. 8ch.pl is Sup Forums's bunker and is pretty empty otherwise. Mostly polish.

There are zeronet portals already up, commoners wouldn't download anything to begin with. However, it would be better to release a tor browser + zeronet bundle or something.

>My email gets encrypted as braille
How much more secure can it get?

>127.0.0.1

nigger please

you connect to the zeronet service running on your own computer, which itself requests the site and serves you it, dummy

So why use this over Freenet? Honestly Freenet seems superior because at least it tries to maintain privacy rather than just saying "oh, use Tor if you want privacy!"

It is a bijillion times faster and ACTUALLY has content.

Freenet is inferior in every single way except muh private cp. It has limited capacity while zeronet doesn't. It is slow as balls while zeronet isn't. It does not have a distributed namestore while zeronet does (using namecoins). Plus, freenet has no users nor content by comparison. I don't think freenet can do non-static content either.

And the premium feature of....

MOSTLY NO CP!!!

unless you want cp you sicko.

I'm sure that thats just a stupid animation and it encrypts them in a much much better way.

Garbage due to it requiring scripts to be enabled in order to run.

At least you can "pause" the state of a website and only update it at will while you review its scripts. The data is decoupled from the presentation. That'll be even more the case when merger sites are out.

is there cp yet

> I only visit sites that run without scripts.

Sup Forums even requires non-1st-party scripts to run, so you should consider it double garbage. Please, stop shit posting values you don't give a damn.

> I only visit sites that run without scripts.
No, but I only enable them when I need them instead of letting every website run whatever code they want. For example if I'm going to a news website to read an article why should I allow scripts for browser fingerprinting or a ton of other shit that is completely unnecessary for what I'm doing?

>Sup Forums even requires non-1st-party scripts to run
Um no. Ever heard of Sup Forums X? No Google scripts running here.

> For example if I'm going to a news website to read an article why should I allow scripts for browser fingerprinting or a ton of other shit that is completely unnecessary for what I'm doing?

ZeroNet sites don't have to pay for servers. So they don't harass you by a ton of other shit anyway.

On a ZeroNet news site you only get the news like in the early time of the internet.

> Um no. Ever heard of Sup Forums X? No Google scripts running here.

No. I haven't thanks for the info.

>So they don't harass you by a ton of other shit anyway.
>implying they won't do it anyways if Zeronet starts becoming more popular because people are used to it elsewhere
>implying people won't still want to make money whenever possible

No, and because the main concern of the project is not privacy but freeing sites from the burdens and costs of central servers, ZeroNet will probably remain cp free.

seems pretty botnetty desu

So this is Usenet for WWW basically?

Is it really so hard to look into though? It's a small download and a little extracting, so if it's slow to you or you can't find what you're looking for you just uninstall it and shitpost about how it sucks. Pretty simple, actually.

link?

What would be the best way to get a website online, and does hosting mean there is any way to find the server IP?
Thanks senpai

I thought that was warez.japan.com but I guess not. Someone has changed the DNS entry.

You get a real operating system you retard.

I think the main goal of ZeroNet is different from Freenet. On Freenet privacy is the top priority. On ZeroNet making it possible to create high quality sites "without any central server".

But I'm just guessing, I'm not a developer. I even missed my chance last month to meet the main developer on an open source meetup :-(

ubiquiti radios and some cheap routing equipment and you have your own ISP or meshnet type thing

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/11/how-a-group-of-neighbors-created-their-own-internet-service/

Where there's a will, there's a way.

the most cowardly choice
people that use zeronet are people so weak they cannot kill themselves.The only to prevent the take over the internet is too make sacrifices,and fight back.If the confederacy shows us anything that running away in a safe space will only fuck you

Very nice numbers

Don't expect too much activity on 0chan yet it is quite new (actually the whole ZeroNet project is quite new).

>So this is Usenet for WWW basically?

Maybe, I don't know Usenet...

Call me an idealist, but I don't think ads will ever infect ZeroNet (or at least not as much as they infected the regular internet).

0. There are plenty of web 2.0 sites (as Sup Forums, to mention only one) where the real contributors don't get any money for their contributions.

Why wouldn't these people also contribute to a site which does not makes someone else unfairly rich?

[I don't think feeding parasites is an inherent nature of humans.]

1. It will probably not grow rapidly just gradually. So greedy corporations will not pay attention to ZeroNet any time soon.

2. The free software community starting to realize that asking and giving donations is the best way to get quality softwares/services respecting our freedom. (So probably asking donations will be the best way to earn money on ZeroNet, because if you cannot force people to pay you have to ask them nicely to do so.)

>Over 50% of the data is CSS

Does it still have that site with all those movies?

What was it called?

Checked
>Quads
Nice

kek, I had a cuban teacher who told us how they litterally built several antennae from the garbage in order to make a meshnet to play counter strike.

>link to Google doc on landing page
>background of chrome's "No connection" minigame
botnet detected

newfag gtfo