/sqt/ -- Stupid Questions Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/Z170-A/Z170-A_DRAM_QVL_20160316.pdf
reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3i3sdm/how_to_debotnetdebloat_windows_788110/?st=iqidm6ps&sh=9f7ec746
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hotkey function to alternate primary monitors in Windows 10?

Copying from last thread:
Retarded Windows goes to sleep in the middle of installing updates. This requires me to watch the update, and if it automatically updates, the next day I'm greeted with a "working on updates: 1%" and I have to wait 30 minutes to use my computer.

How do I fix this?

Install a real operating system

If I point some webpages to localhost in Linux via host and make a wifi hotspot from it, will it block the webpages for those connected to the hotspot?

Turn off the sleep feature from the power options, nigga.

when the fuck will the gtx 1070 drop to more affordable prices

If I bricked a stick of RAM by fucking with it's SPD, is there any way other than using professional tools to bring it back from firmware induced death?

Is there a way to disable a secondary HDD from spinning up when booting my computer, without actually having to remove the damn thing.

Which one is the best chipset?

Intel® B150 Express
Intel® H110 Express
Intel® Z170 Express

And why?

I don't see the 1070 going below $150 anytime soon, so it's always going to be overpriced for a 6GB, gimped bus system.

Which version of windows?

In terms of features and amount of IO, Z170 has it all including overclocking of K chips but is of course more expensive than the other two chipsets.

i have a galaxy nexus i9250. i can't play pokemon because it is still 4.1.1. my country don't get the updates, how can i update it to the required version?

also i will install the game from an apk, so i guess i need to root the phone?

thanks in advance.

Does Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H DDR4 support IOMMU?

Why does Mullvad seem to be so inconsistent? Sometimes I will be able to connect to web pages perfectly fine with it and seconds later it suddenly can't load anything no matter what country I'm connecting to.

I never had this problem a few months ago. Everything worked completely fine back then. Of course mullvad has no forums or anything at all to discuss any of this.

Yo, iFag user here switching to Android tomorrow. Now, putting music on an iPhone from Linux was nigh impossible. Is i easier to add music to Android? What package do you guys use for his?

you don't need additional software to put music on an android device

The computer tests all hardware on boot. You can try moving it down the boot list in bios, disable it if you can. If it's constantly loud there may be nothing to do but replace it. You could try buying a cheap sata to usb and just plug it in when you want it

Are case fans with onboard temp sensors and controllers any good?

It really depends on the manufacturer and model user

But that would mean I would have to boot into bios every time I want to access it. Guess its better than nothing though.

How do you know which GPUs are supported? I need a ghetto-budget card for an old ThinkCentre

windows key + P

After the rest of the 10XX line drops.

Remove it from the fstab. It will still be mountable when needed. Alternatively (if you are a windows user and can't into nice things like fstab), mount it in an external enclosure.

Hard to say without knowing what your MoBo is.

What makes nvidia 3dvision bad?

I have this file which seems to be completely fucked.

Trying to copy paste it or rename it crashes explorer entirely.
Trying to open it in any text editor crashes the text editor.

I'm not too bothered about the file itself, but should I be worried for my hard drive or anything? I didn't even know such a thing was possible.

W8.1

Which tools do you guys use for finding out resource heavy softwares?
I want to find out the most which is the most lightweight music player on my pc.

Connect the cable, and click the button that pops up on your phone. The phone now behaves as a USB storage device, and can be mounted as one. Move your music to the folder labeled "Music" using eg. 'cp'. Unmount the device.

Sweet, thanks all

where do I upload webms to share them, like imgur, but for webms

prefereably to last longer than a month, I used webmshare, but its gone after a week or something like that...

gfycat

Why does the Zotac 1070 AMP use 2 8pin connectors when the majority of other 1070 need only one?

The power consumption is the same, am I missing something here?

15 sec max length and they are always trying to make gif out of it

Literally use ark.intel you retard the specs are all there.

And you missed H170. In terms of price starting from the highest it goes Z170, H170, B150, and H110.

What would be good to set as homemade, private vpn? Raspberry? Some old laptop?

So... firefox gives me audio crackling on youtube streams, and Sup Forums scripts work really slow on chrome/opera.

What do? The only browser where I haven't experienced this bullshit was Safari, but I ain't installing hackintosh again for that.

I never realized they had a 15sec limit. That's super lame.

A router flashed with tomatoUSB or ddwrt

do phones charge faster when not being used?
my bud says they do but i say they don't, because the phone is on ac power.

>Which tools do you guys use for finding out resource heavy softwares?

TaskMgr / ps -aux / htop ?

On Linux my task bar disappears whenever I use remote software like tightvnc
Is there a command or way to force it to my desktop?

you misspelled openwrt twice

preach brother

My windows key on my keyboard just stopped working for no apparent reason. Any idea on how to go about fixing this? Google's not giving much. Windows 10.

assuming that microsoft, oracle etc fall under CMM level 5, what other software companies fall under CMM Level 1, 2, 3 and 4?

Are the m.2 ssd really worth it in comparison to current ssds? I know it's faster, but it's like $100 more for less space

Can I use a 2,1v 1066 mhz dimm with a motherboard that is 1,8v 800 mhz?

what happens to my contacts if i install cyanogenmod to my galaxy nexus? and does it run whatsapp?

reminder that it's stupid questions thread, pls don't bully

nope, not worth it if $100 more for less space
they are faster if mobo supports nvme... but its unlikely for you to notice in every day use

but you might not have a choice in ultrabooks

What keyboard
what did you do before it happen?
changed something?
when did it happen?
different keyboard?

Nothing, why should there?
Maybe your phone warranty would be void but nothing with the contract

In C#, why does this happen?
I understand once I exceed the byte value it changes to 0.
However, when I minus two off, it shows 254 which means that even when the value exceeded 0, the value is still actually stored. Why wouldn't it just show -2?

interesting way of spelling libreCMC

When people hack in tv shows , what's the black screen with green letters supposed to be?

set it to 800MHz and should be fine
if AMD cpu you have nothing to worry about anyway, they have ram voltage controller on the mobo/chipset not on the cpu die

byte isn't signed, so it only stores 0-255.
you want sbyte.

Learn how overflow works.

What was the website to see which isp in your country is the best? I mean there's a hierarchy where some suppliers buy services from the larger providers, and I want to see which one is highest in this hierarchy.

There is no minus range in byte. It goes from 0 to 255.

a terminal/console
you write and execute your scripts there, run tools, do stuff thats too close to the metal to have gui application

i thought if it cancels the google apps for performance it could cause the contacts to gone or something like that. thanks for the answer

It's not the keyboard itself, already tested it on another PC. It's something with Windows 10. Didn't change anything personally, don't know if Windows secretly updated overnight though.

Tomato if you're looking for an easy solution, Openwrt for more power

well it will wipe your phone, so you better be ready for that, google apps come with CM

Could I use a raspberry pie for a Twitch streaming build? I'm creating an automated 24/7 channel. It will run a retro emulator and xsplit and I'm looking for the most efficient use of cash and power.

I have learnt that it changes to 0 once the value is exceeded, but I'm asking this as I'm curious what's the point of the limit when the value is stored anyway.
I'm not actually trying to get a minus number, I'm just curious as to why the value that's exceeded would be taken into consideratiion after it has been exceeded once I added the final calculation.
My mistake, even so the fact that 0 - 2 didn't calculate to 0 (since there is no minuses) confuses me.

Or is it the case that once it goes below 0 it defaults back to 255?

>libreCMC FAQ
>What is wrong with OpenWRT?
>OpenWRT is a GNU/Linux distro that contains non-free blobs and supports platforms that are non-free.

it's too slow for h264 real time encoding, even with hardware acceleration.

pi's are not made for encoding/transcoding

What is the best ssd brand to choose?

What browser isn't a botnet?

It's the Martix, DUH

there are not really terrible brands except for OCZ
samsung is solid, crucial is great, sandisk is fine, kingston is decent if you forget about butthurt about switcharo nand..

I personally like crucial, but I also own one samsung, for variety and comparison

>My mistake, even so the fact that 0 - 2 didn't calculate to 0 (since there is no minuses) confuses me.
>Or is it the case that once it goes below 0 it defaults back to 255?

Yeah if you exceed the range in either direction it will overflow.
0 - 1 = 255
0 - 2 = 254
255 + 1 = 0

Thanks for the answer
The cpu is an intel q8400

should be fine
I believe only with the core architecture i3, i5, i7... intel put their ram vrm on the die

Perfect, cheers!

Firefox or any of its forks

no

reboot?
attempt to bind the key in different programs ( not all allow keywin to bind tho )
classic shell?/ used to have it installed?
restore points? system updates = new restore point

i got samshit 850 evo bios raid0 and its awesome!

If only one RAM stick in a kit of 2 prevents the mobo from posting in a certain DIMM slot, it's pretty much guaranteed to be faulty RAM and not the mobo right?

Kingston HyperX FURY HX426C15FBK2/16, having some issues with the Asus Z170-A mobo.

>in a certain DIMM slot
Does it work alone in other slots?

Refer to the QVL .pdf first

I need a new PC case, what's the official Sup Forums case?

>inb4 nVidia edition
NZXT is solid
just don't invest too much, it's JUST a case.

depends on your parts.
Check on logicalincrements

Is bluestacks safe to run or should I avoid it like the plague?

it's safe

Just wiped my laptop, should I installed win10 from 7? Note, I'll still have my primary desktop.

That's what i do, i use 8.1 USB

Just do it.
I installed it on my dad's old desktop and performance actually increased. If you're doing any gaming on your laptop you'll also benefit from increased performance and dx12 support.

Most of the annoying things can be turned off like automatic updates, and there are several way to turn off the telemetry.

I also play some older games on this thing, would that be an issue or is it really hard to say?

Do I honestly have to be worried about them receiving info on what I install? I'd still turn it off, mind you.

Does g still have a guide to disabling everything?

It's on the QVL list

dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/Z170-A/Z170-A_DRAM_QVL_20160316.pdf

Hang on I just got it to boot off the one stick... Gonna run memtest some more to see if it was a weird seating issue

here's a good resource to debotnet
reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3i3sdm/how_to_debotnetdebloat_windows_788110/?st=iqidm6ps&sh=9f7ec746
I'm not sure if this mentions it, but you should also replace the default start menu with classic shell.

Game performance will be a bit better or the same. For the most part the os memory management also improves.

Nevermind... Still fails test #7 in Memtest86+ v5.01

you can get one of them cheap capture boxes that does the encoding for you
mine runs off USB power (my TV) and has a built in ethernet port

>implying you can debotnet