Show us your micro SD and write speed, and tell us...

Show us your micro SD and write speed, and tell us, why haven't you bought the glorious Samsung 256GB micro SD card with a 90MB/s write speed.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Flash_Storage
youtube.com/watch?v=w2sB-8ECwiU
sammobile.com/2016/07/11/galaxy-note-7-may-feature-a-hybrid-ufsmicrosd-card-slot/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>buying proprietary tech locked behind a corporate paywall when the same/similar hardware will be commonplace in a few years
Early adopters get nothing in the technology field, aside from bragging rights.

You got a better alternative senpai? UFS is a huge meme that's already DOA because of UHS-II cards are already being sold (up to 312MB/s).

Are you a paid shill, or just a tech illiterate shit eating retard.
Modern devices will accept MicroSD cards and UFS format cards alike.

UFS uses far less power than MicroSD, has near zero idle power, and will ALWAYS have higher total performance because of its interface.

>Modern devices will accept MicroSD cards and UFS format cards alike.
No they won't you dumb fuck. They have different pin configurations that aren't compatible with each other.

>UFS uses far less power than MicroSD
lelno especially compared to UHS-II microsd cards

>has near zero idle power
So do microsd cards

>and will ALWAYS have higher total performance because of its interface.
312MB/s is plenty fast.

UHS-II is backwards compatible with UHS-I so this UFS meme can fuck right off.

Pic related: UHS-I and UHS-II cards. UFS never had a chance. Neat concept though.

Right, so you're just a subhuman autist angry at Samsung. Gotcha.
ALL UFS card compatible slots accept MicroSD cards.
No form factor of MicroSD cards has active power usages as low as UFS
No form factor of MicroSD has idle power as low as UFS
No form factor if MicroSD has the same potential for read/write speeds or IOPS because they process one command at a time. UFS uses a SCSI interface that is flat out faster, there is no comparison.

UFS is a JEDEC standard, its open, and its being adopted by every manufacturer in the industry. It is backwards compatible with older MicroSD cards while being *massively* superior in every single metric.
Its pretty clear you're one of those mentally ill NEETs who goes out of their way to carry out a vendetta against a company for offending your poorfaggot retard feels.

2 poor 2 afford such 1337 mikkro essdee

source: my ass

My source is the JEDEC specification freely available on the organization's web page, child.

It'll probably drop to ~$50/piece in like 2-3 years when 512GB micro sd cards come out.

Just stop replying to fucking samshills. We need to ignore them and hopefully they will fuck off.

You sound like the samshit shill here desu.

>"On July 7, 2016, Samsung introduced the first UFS cards in 32, 64, 128, and 256 GB storage capacities.[12][13]The cards are based on the UFS 1.0 Card Extension Standard."

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Flash_Storage

Fuck off with your meme cards.

What's the preferred app to test on android?

8gb donut on phone and 32 gb shark on my ruizu

>Samsung became the Sony of Corea
>they're even starting to shit out proprietary cards now
Enjoy your Corean vendor lock in.

What ssd brand should i get

Too poor

A1 SD Bench seems to be the most used and accurate.

pic related 64GB samshit evo micro sd card I got from amazon for $14 a few months ago. It's breddy gud.

a chink netac p500 pro 64gb paid £9 and it has 90/50MB/s
UFS readers could accept microSD, as UFS pins are near identical to UHS-II

>Class 10
>Lots of space
>Cheap

It goes in my chink shit action camera, whats to be excited about for a fucking SD card

You can literally cram 3X the storage space on an Android phone compared to an iPhone now.

128GB internal + 256 msd card.

Is crystal disk mark a good way to test sd card speeds in windows or should I use something else?

It's good enough though to find out what sustained write speeds are, transfer a 1GB file and check the write speed at 50%. This will tell you how much the SD card slows down after it heats up and throttles to prevent thermal damage.

k

I would gladly give up all that storage space so I wouldn't have to deal with Android and its horrible lag.

I love this meme

My phone can't go that high

Fuck this happens on my Android too. The lag is real. The pain is real.

Wrong. If you have a SDXC msd slot then you can use up to a 2TB msd cards and if you have a SDHC msd slot then you can still use up to 2TB msd cards but the card must be formatted in FAT32.

youtube.com/watch?v=w2sB-8ECwiU

>what is debloating in less than 2 minutes
>what is having an Android device with at least 2GB of RAM and a non-shit SoC
>what is making sure you have at least 1GB of free internal space for system stability

I have a piece of shit huawei that's almost 2 years old, I feel your pain tovarisch

>tfw contractcucked

holy shit fuck that, can't imagine what a mess android is when you need 2GB RAM just to properly type

>holy shit fuck that, can't imagine what a mess android is when you need 2GB RAM just to properly type
You need 2GB of RAM just to properly type on an iPhone as well.

In the manual, it says it can only go upto 64gb. I haven't tried otherwise, but since I dont know whether it's SDXC or SDHC, what hack would i have to do to utilize, at least, 128gb

i need 128MB RAM on my old Nokia smartphone to run whatsapp and music player without any lag
modern coders need to learn their shit and stop relying on muh ramz and 16 core processor that overheat like microwave ovens

>In the manual, it says it can only go upto 64gb.
It's there because at that time that was the highest capacity msd available.

>I haven't tried otherwise, but since I dont know whether it's SDXC or SDHC, what hack would i have to do to utilize, at least, 128gb
If it said "up to 64" then it's a SDXC msd slot so using a 128 or 256 or 2TB msd will give you 0 problems.

hey man, thanks!

Where could I buy low capacity Micro SD cards in bulk? The cheaper the better.

Directly from the manufacturer like Amazon does. Better be a tall order though, manufacturers usually don't give significant discounts if you're only gonna order 2 or 4 micro sd cards. Try Patriot, they seem to have the best bang for the buck. Stay away from chinkshit microsd cards at all costs though.

Aliexpress. There are 256mb card for like 50 cents each. I thought about buying a bunch and leaving them around campus filled with loli doujins but I never got to do it.

shoo shoo stinky chinky

64GB shark. I would test my PNY and Samsung cards but my USB 3.0 microsd card reader doesn't work anymore.

Thanks for the suggestion. I can't find any reliable sellers selling small cards (I thought about buying a bunch and leaving them around campus filled with loli doujins but I never got to do it.

haha, I am trying to do something quite similar.
Aliexpress seems to have good prices and I don't care about the quality too much,

Although it sucks, that I have to pay $1.5/ea, when cards cost $0.2/ea, because I live in europe.

You fucking dumbass sammobile.com/2016/07/11/galaxy-note-7-may-feature-a-hybrid-ufsmicrosd-card-slot/

Seriously though as cool as UFS looks we don't have any use for it whatsoever. Most manufacturers will stick with UHS-I and some UHS-II msd slots and call it a day and render UFS cards an even bigger meme than it already is.

The reason the hybrid slot will probably be made is because nobody will fucking buy the UFS meme cards. $30 128GB 20MB/s write cards are more than enough for most. UFS cards have an extremely limited potential market if any.