Gaming Laptop

>want gears of war 4
>saving up for an xbox one s
>ends up available on windows

I only play Counter-Strike 1.6/Source on my laptop. Other than that, I use it for work documents/storage/low maintenance stuff.
It is getting quite slow from simple Chrome multitasking and even CS Source so I wouldn't mind an upgrade since I've owned it since 2010.

Assuming a Gears/Xbox One S bundle will be ~$500 CAD, would getting a 'gaming laptop' be a better investment? (not interested in a desktop because it is impractical for work reasons)

Would a $1000 investment be logical in getting a decent machine? I don't expect nor want this to be anywhere near high end.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-pavilion---17t-laptop-(touch-option-available)-v3a33av-1
webmshare.com/y8jgX
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-pavilion---17t-laptop-(touch-option-available)-v3a33av-1

It has a 960 and is less than $1000 idk seems pretty good

this is literally a Sup Forums tier thread my summerfriend

I don't expect Sup Forums to know anything about specs other than teraflops. But I see your point.

>2016
>gears of war

Videogames are technology.

If ya want to go the easy/cheap route, get the Xbox. If ya want to spend a little more loonies, get something like the MSI GL62 6QF-628 if ya wanna stick to the laptop.

Just wait till you get home to play your vidya instead of getting gimped hardware and a small screen for a premium price

Also I got a one terabyte Xbox One for like $270 at GoyimStop

If you really want to game avoid.anything under 970m. I had an acer nitro black v17 for 1000euro. It had an 960m. It was a decent graphics card. But something was wrong. Like you could play anything on high setting with strange lag. The 970m has atleast 2x the power and is a small markup in price. 960 is an economy gpu which cant run euro truck sim on high without lag

Why bother buying an xbone when all the xbone games will be on Windows 10? Just make a PC and be done with it.

You can play most games at high - med settings on a 960m (I have an 860m, same chip) and I can play fallout 4 and other newer games at 1080p at high settings.
The 970m is about as powerfull as a desktop 960.

>all the xbone games will be on Windows 10?

*Microsoft games

Thats one of the most meaningless statements

>Memes are technology

Don't get an acer nitro. Several friends of mine bought one, the build quality is pure shit. One had the charger port brake after 6 months, for another it was the trackpad, they're powerful on paper but they're made of cardboard and glue

You're only interested in Gears and play Counter-strike? Buy a xbox then doost.

Can a 4th gen thinkpad x1 carbon play light games well?

i want my macfag and winshit hater, freedom lover Sup Forums back.normies and Sup Forums ruined this board.

webmshare.com/y8jgX

It probably will for games like CS:GO or Leauge of Legends but I wouldn't recommend it.
Besides those two games, you would have to run games at very low settings and turn the resoultion down.
It deffinatly wasn't designed for it.
On the upside, you could probably cook a meal
on it after you play for 30min.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY BOARD FUCKING Sup Forums REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I can't play games and enjoy tech?
BTFO faggot.

Inwouldnt reallye exoect to play anything more intense than nethack or terraria. I was just looking at laptops for jewtube and coding first and foremost, just wondering what *could* be played

>playing gays of war

kys

it's a territorial thing
just look at the division in

and

>gaymen

>>>/kill yourself/

Go to xoticpc
I bought a gaymen laptop from them 4-5 years ago and still use it today. I don't play games on it because of how dated it is, but it still is great for doing normie shit

Oh, and wait til the 1060m comes out

>Gaming on a laptop
Terrible idea because many reasons.
>MSI
DO NOT DO THIS. Awful cooling, terrible hinges, horrific build quality and customer service that somehow manages to be worse than all those things combined. DO NOT TOUCH MSI.
>970
Oh yeah because an extra one hundred watts of heat in a tiny area is a great idea, definitely not a recipe for disaster.

Hey OP, have you ever noticed that you never see any old gaming laptops around? Why do you think that is?