Feeding this botnet

>feeding this botnet
>being this stupid

Other urls found in this thread:

adamreeve.tumblr.com/post/147120922009/pokemon-go-is-a-huge-security-risk
nianticlabs.com/privacy/pokemongo/en/
techcrunch.com/2016/07/11/pokemon-go-wants-to-catch-almost-all-your-permissions/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So, does anything that uses location services automatically become a botnet or do you have some sort of proof?

The game is actually shit but no one can talk bad about it because of MUH NOSALGIC POKEMANZ

>mfw I'm buying a secondary phone just for Pokémon Go

It's not only your location, it's your entire Google account.

adamreeve.tumblr.com/post/147120922009/pokemon-go-is-a-huge-security-risk

this shouldn't be permitted for any app.

>Being a pedo
>Can't enjoy the good things of life because MUH PRIVACY XDDDD

I'm not playing this game until gen 3 is added.

Why the fuck would you want anything more than gen 2?

>hey look at all this free monetizable set of rich location data we have from millions of users. Let's just throw that away

cont.

>ITT: something to hide

>tumblr
Youre a fag.

i only heard of this game yesterday, i suppose that's because i'm not 10 anymore

Ooh you're so kool

did you reply to the wrong comment? I didn't link to tumblr m8.

thanks, but that doesn't change the fact that pokemon go should stay on /vp/
you already have a whole board, what more do you want?

Sorry OP but you're late with that warning. I've been playing pic related for about 3 years now.

Nigga, Pokémon GO is normie shit. Us autists at /vp/ have been frothing over how all the typical normies (college students, functioning adults, etc.) are suddenly into Pokémon again when it was us (well, and ever-new generations of children) who kept the banner flying when they had long lost interest.

I've never been to /vp/, nor did I make the thread, nor did I say this was the proper place for the thread.

What the heck? this game is real?
I thought Nintendo said they would never cave to the phone market.
What it's made by google?
I knew someday this line would be crossed, just hopped it won't be in my lifetime.
Also sad it's not digimon, I mean digital monsters living in parallel digiverse, so much more compelling in so many ways.

>2016
>people still playing pokemon

this. unless you're interested in the social aspect there's no actual "game" here. You can't really do anything with the Pokemon except fight AI at gyms. The AR is a nice novelty until you realize it is sub-optimal in every way. Pokestops basically just give you pokeballs which you will never need more of, and eggs which just give you more Pokemon to do nothing with.

When have I ever led you astray?

>kek

I just hope Pokemon Go doesn't take away from the development time that could have been spent on Sun and Moon. I'm giving gamefreak one more chance with S&M because their last two main games on the 3ds have been shit.

But from what I heard it seems Pokemon GO is just ingress but replaced with Pokemon assets.

I don't have a Google account and I am not using the AR feature.

pokémon in general is normalfag shit
only play the older gen1/2 games? perhaps run a thread on /vr/
want to discuss rom hacking/dis-assembly or something else actually technical? then perhaps Sup Forums is suitable

Can everyone here agree that cyberpunk is no longer just a genre of fiction? This is getting ridiculous.

it hasn't been a genre for a while user, where have you been?

Nintendo doesn't have shit to do with this product save for slapping their greasy name on it. It's an application developed and launched by alphabet.

>being this stupid

LOL Look mom I learned a new word and I'm using it on the internet!
>botnet botnet botnet
>using botnet
>being botnet
>doin the botnet dance
>bobobobotnet
>tnet b
>B O T N E T
>O
>T
>N
>E
>T
>tentob

why do I still come to Sup Forums?

>huge security risk
>It only seems to happen on iOS

to criticize others and inflate your own ego :^)

We botnet boys.

r8 pokeymans

Only once when you gave me that torrent file labeled MalwareNeverDownloadThis.exe and told me it was the driver I needed to fix my computer.

Other than that you been rude, but consistently right user.

if you tap the heart you can rate by CP m8.

oh thanks

I want a gastly, but maybe I'll catch enough magikarp to get a sick gyarados...

Their privacy policy doesn't seem too unreasonable.

nianticlabs.com/privacy/pokemongo/en/

>ii. Gameplay Information.
>During game play we will collect certain information, such as your user name and messages sent to other users.
>This information will not allow others to identify you unless you choose to use your real name and other identifying information.
> [...] unless combined with other identifying information.
the fact that they don't store identifying info is good I guess, but it would be pretty easy to meet that last criteria and combine it with identifying info

>d. Information Sent by Your Mobile Device.
>We collect certain information that your mobile device sends when you use our Services
>We may use this information to provide the Services and to improve and personalize our Services for you

>e. Location Information.
>We collect and store information about your location when you use our App
>We may also use location information to improve and personalize our Services for you

pretty vague wording here. Not uncommon in privacy policies though.

>c. Information Shared with Third Parties
>We may share aggregated information and non-identifying information with third parties for research and analysis, demographic profiling, and other similar purposes.

again vague wording.

they also retain data after account termination:

>Following termination or deactivation of your Account, Niantic, its clients, affiliates, or service providers may retain information (including your profile information) and user content for a commercially reasonable time period for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.

>"w-we swear we won't use it to spy on you, or sell your info, promise guise"

I hope no one here unironically believes a company, regardless of who it is, when they say they won't do bad things with your data.
Even when they clearly state what they use the data for and how they get it, they're lying. No one can be that naive

>implying you arent being tracked anyways

May as well have some fun with it lads

idgaf it's fun fuck you

Congrats, you are a dumb fuck.

how do even play any game on malwarenoupdateslagdroid?

yay

I just checked my account.
Pokemon GO isn't even in the list.
I'm guessing that only affects Applefags, not my problem they bought a shit phone.

>Mfw just another jewish shekel snatching simulator.

techcrunch.com/2016/07/11/pokemon-go-wants-to-catch-almost-all-your-permissions/

This shit is ridiculously shady. And idiots will willing sing up for it

not an argument, sven

>>feeding this botnet
>yfw most of Sup Forums uses Windows 10, Google services, non-free JavaScript for ordering pizza online, etc.
Sup Forums is the new Sup Forums, senpai.

>not using XPrivacy on Xposed

point 1 is legit
point 2 is a bit tinfoil, even for a freetard.

explain me how are they making money from this game. If it's not a botnet, what is it ?

I honestly think AR is going to continue to grow in the future while true VR will fade away.

Imagine a future where normies are playing a simplified Eve Online type MMO via their phones based on real location data. It could be massive with entire cities forming factions and shit. Like a cyber shadow war.

This this game could be so much better, but it would be hard to program something good for a entire country.

He's right chances are everybody that claims every fucking app is a "botnet" is probably being tracked already and doesn't know it. And it's going to get more and more difficult not to get tracked unless you don't use a smart phone or the Internet, off the grid type shit.

Privacy is a good thing about life

>i'm going to willingly give google the contents of my room because i want to catch da pokemon xDD
Yeah, no only retards (like: ) do that.

So Sup Forums logic is, if the developer's name is used in a sentence together with Google, it's Google controlling them, no matter what the actual sentence is.

>he's a shut-in who doesn't want to go outside and meet new people with Pokemon Go