Typing Like a Not Retard

How the fuck do I learn how to type without looking at the keys? I'm 22 and didn't start using PC's avidly until like 4 years ago. I've recently wanted to teach my self code, but I get discouraged because I type like some fucking retard. I'm an IT guy too and it's embarrassing to see the speed in which the computer illiterate secretaries type when I fix their network.

Other urls found in this thread:

play.typeracer.com
typingclub.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Play online multiplayer games where quick communication is key, but disable your mic.

play.typeracer.com

start from scratch and do i recommend dvorak/colemak

This

All it takes is time and consistent use of the keyboard. Anyone can learn to touch type. Don't get discouraged!

OP here. Had to take a shit. This looks pretty cool.

Here's what worked for me:
Took one beginner typing class (barely passed, ha) then just did what I love, use the computer like crazy... within a few months I was typing 60+wpm. Well past that now but this is 15 years later.

TL;DR take a class to learn basics, then practice practice practice

This... but force yourself to use the proper form and not look even though you'll make mistakes and be slower at first.

>dvorak/colemak
Don't listen to this fucktard, OP. 99.9% of all keyboards you'll ever use in your life will be QWERTY or your regional equivalent. You won't always have your own keyboard own keyboard with you with one of those hipster layouts and you'll be back to pecking keys like a faggot.

got to irc or /vg/ and talk about vidiogaymz or shit you like

Type a lot of shit.

Why do you think the secretaries are good at typing? That's what they do for a living.

Play Typer Shark

typingclub.com is the best due to is visual aid of correct finger placement

Playing Type Race and the pressure is insane

Bookmarked all of this

>tfw you used tux of math command to memorize basic arithmetic before enrolling in college

gamifying data is a great method for rote memory learning that reduces the tedium usually associated with it.

>play.typeracer.com
this was the dankest before-class shit in HS

Agreed. You'll probably like Flippy Bit. :^)

>66 wpm
>94.6% accuracy

I dun OK?

play Typing of The Dead