holy shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZzcnWEC17JI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That is an interesting hack.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZzcnWEC17JI

Not make one into a belt buckle.

Always break the plugs

Hardware breaks over time and businesses throw away what they don't use. I see this as someone repurposing up a switch that was destined for the trash heap.

I made a company website for a small A/C company a guy in my town started.

All of his hardware is about 8 to 10 years old. I asked him what was up, and he said he got most of it for free after a business closed down. He said 90% of what they do is email, word processing and spreadsheets, so he saw no reason to invest in new hardware.

I work with some of the nation's biggest retailers. If it weren't for tightening compliance for PCI and other things, they'd never upgrade a thing. A retailer with over 800 stores in the US ran gear that hadn't been supported (much less sold) since 1999.

The little clamps on the male connectors are gonna break very quickly. You can see, number 6 is already broken.

That's why you use this:

www.ebay.com/itm/Siemens-RJ45-Plug-90-Industrial-ethernet-connector-metal/171980929864

I wouldn't want to carry those around in my pocket. Ethernet connectors can have sharp edges, not to mention the zip ties it looks like they used to secure the loops.

But he's clearly not using those. So he's idea is not very clever.

$14 dollars for a ethernet connector.
only 4 pins

Whoever said you get what you pay for is full of shit.

>holy shit
really makes you think...hmmmm

>instead of attaching carabiners to each cable and leaving them in the switch
>he said fuck that
>and carries 5 cat5 cables in his pockets instead
Is he some massive fat slob that wears XXL pants or what?

He own's a pretty recent Audio, so I don't think hes fat.

Audi* for fucks sake auto correct

Those physical connectors appear to be for the super high bandwidth shit like in IEEE 802.3bq. I think "Category 7/8" ethernet cabling requires the use of IEC 60603-7-7 metal connectors if you choose to use RJ45.

I have a feeling they used defective patch cables destined for the trash heap also. That broken connector was probably already broken during the time when it used to transport megabits from the interweb.

explain how this is better than a goddamn key hanger

A computer wholesaler in Aus, Synnex, held on to DOS computers with old as fuck hardware. I think it was the i386? Not sure.

They upgraded to core 2 duos around 8-10 years ago and they haven't upgraded since.

If it works, why change it?

its not better, this is key hanger!

You get to post pictures of it online and have strangers gush over how """clever""" it is.

I actually think its pretty neat.

That makes a lot of sense