Sapphire Nitro RX 480 benchmark leaks

What the actual fuck.

PurePC leaking again (after leaking the 1060 pics last week).

If this is true then AMD are stupid hacks for releasing a piece of shit reference card unlike any other in history. and we're in for yet another generation of "hurr durr amd is shit" despite all benchmarks proving they're the best bang for your buck.

Could this meme please die already?

Nice!

>1540 Mhz
>on AIR

>1540mhz core
LOL

This is fucking gold, I'm saving this pic

the ze german couldn't pass over 1500mhz with liquid cooling 1,3v and 200% power

Nice shoop OP I like how you failed to centre that text between those bars, kys.

Well the N/v/idiots here on Sup Forums are definitely going to go insane once the benchmarks come out proper.

Why not? Only about 22% boost on the core clock. Considering the cooler is open air, that's absolutely reasonable.

Remember, this isn't old 28nm anymore.

Oh good, the false-flagging Nvidiots are back for another round.

Nah it's just AMD shills gone dumb

How come those review benchmarks are always so underwhelming? Any 970 can reach avg 60 fps on ultra minus hworks.

Because they're usually performed at stock clocks.

Pic says 1500+

this is fake as fuck. people have already nigger rigged water coolers to 480s and they all max out around 1350mhz core clock.

Because those can't be real clocks. My fucking 580 and q9550 outperforms the 780 in that test.

>the ze german couldn't pass over 1500mhz with liquid cooling 1,3v and 200% power

Was that on a reference model? If so, they couldn't pass that because of power limits. The Sapphire Nitro has a 8pin connector, it can feed the chip 225W, plenty of overclock headroom there.

I'm a amd shitposter, but you are literally an amd shill. I bet you are one of the retards who jumped on the 1600mhz overclock bandwagon. I'm going to sleep and try to forget this board exist, this is getting unbearable

liquid nitrogen overclock only gets 1500.

Now its possible it could get beyond 1500, but that would mean huge changes to pcb and power draws

D-DON'T YOU W-WORRY AMDDRONES...! THE GTX t... 1060 WILL S-TILL COME OUT ON TOP...! MARK M...MY WORDS YOU FU-FUCKING BASTARD PAJEET RUPEE-LOVING POO-IN-THE-LOOS...!

yeah don't believe it.

When will actual reviews be out?

This. My 680 outperforms any benchmark I've seen, with my i5 2500

>this is fake as fuck
if it is, then PurePC has some explaining to do, because it was up on their website.

They get some credibility for the 1060 leaks, but to be honest this really looks fake, just look at that odd space after "NITRO", it doesn't add up with all the other card names below.

I want to play Witcher 3 without memeworks, and without AA on 2560x1440

what do

Can somebody help me out? I have i5 3570 non-k CPU, which GPU should I buy? 480RX or 1060 if AMD shits itself cuz of CPU overhead but 10xx series sucks at dx12 and async?

>i5 3570 non-k CPU
Are you on Windows 10?
AMD
Are you on Windows 7/8.1?
Nvidia

The 1060 is pathetic

For starters, don't look at bechmarks released by hacks.

10 but you still haven't answered my overhead question.

this.

if you want to play games: they're all made exclusive for win10 (DX12) by microsoft to make people upgrade. so since nvidia shits itself on DX12, and no hw async, go RX 480, but get the nitro or something. not reference

kill yourself for wanting such a shit game

>a
I don't doubt it, desu.

is that highest? or what? I thought the game went to ultra or something

No significant crippling overhead in question if you use Win10 + AMD in DX12/Vulkan, because part of DX12/Vulkan is to reduce CPU overhead. This time the GPU actually does it's own share of work.

>best RPG
>shit game
go play your weeaboo crap and then kill yourself

The connector does not matter.

why are prices so shit? what should I get to play witcher 3 with best price/performance ratio?

Nitro will have better quality PCB so can handle power and clocking better than the reference. Sapphire help AMD make the fucking cards in the first place. It stands to reason that they will make a better card based on the same architecture with better components.

RX 480 is supposed to be the new valuecard.

yeah it was reference and even he said that card is power limited

MSI GeForce GTX 970 for €150, new. yes or no?

>1540
Skeptical but if rumors are true that they are giving OEMs (and even Apple) the RX480 to build cheap systems then maybe somehow they filtered out the best binned GPUs to AIB partners. So they are producing so many RX480 that they have the luxury of allocating the best binned GPUs for the custom cards while unloading the rest to OEMs. A risky strategy if true.

>3.5GB

not worth 150?

Maybe you stupid euro fag should stop being a chum and move to America like all us smart fat people do.

>75W vs 150W does not matter

overclocking makes the cheap eat more watts.
if it doesn't get enough, it'll crash or hang.
8-pin connector can provide more power.

How exactly does the connector doesn't matter in this equation?

Nope. Games are starting to use more and more memory. Once you hit the 3.5 wall performance goes to shit. Get a RX480 8GB. It is a bit more expensive but it may last you 2-3 years more.

Why do you think some one is selling it for $150? Just wait a bit when the 1060 drops the 8GB Rx480 will be $199

we make more money though

no we don't

where do you live?

>Faster than fury

If true they're cannibalized their own sales

Poland, almost everyone is broke there

HAHAHAH well of course you don't make shit. I live in REAL europe (western). The netherlands, and we make a lot more money than americans.

pls be real

I want to go back to ATI but I just can't deal with borderline GTX970 performance in 2016.

We get good health service mostly free.
One in four small business bankrupts in the USA because the owner or one of his family got a very serious health problem which most health insurers won't pay for.

not worth 150 quid, at most 50-75 quid used
don't forget a lot of faggots use the 970s, watch it flood the used market when these faggots realize they've been had by Nvidia again

Mate, we get cucked hardcore with tech prices, there's no denying that.

Can't wait to grab one, my 7850 2GB is nice but it's not enough anymore.

My boss is polish he makes $220,000 USD a year as a cook. He don't cook shit tho he just orders cooked food and puts in the pot. When they come home they see food in the pot. Move to America stop being broke.

>I live in REAL europe (western). The netherlands, and we make a lot more money than americans.

For a few more years until your entire country ends up underwater.

It's actually happening

It's actually a lottery :S

>underwater
lol, we're not as incompetent as the USA.

>current year
>having floods
we have actual technology (that we even sell to the USA)

you know it's called the silicon lottery for a reason right? the first 980 i owned couldn't break past 1460MHz without crashing, a replacement 980 i got can break +1500MHz easily.
you don't get to determine how powerful your card is going to be when pushed to it's limit you just have to hope you get a lucky card.

Could mean they're just binning chips which is why all the reference ones get shit clocks even when pushed to the limit.

AIB may choose to release those "lottery winners" as special branded cards beyond merely factory OC and price them higher too.

So how much higher are the 970 clocked compared to stick, considering the 480 is on a major OC.

clocks are shown you have everything to answer your own question

My 3570K can't reach 4.5ghz and needs 1.27v for stable 4.4ghz :(

Who cares? 1060 clocks over 2000Mhz. It's 25% faster. AMD is finished.

How does GPU overclocking work? Is it like CPU overclocking where you set it once then it's overclocked forever? Or do you need to run a program every time you boot up a game?

My 4690K can't go over 4.3GHz without voltages and temps reaching uncomfortable levels, and neither could my FX-6300.

My old Athlon II X4 620 had no problems running 3.5GHz (up from 2.6GHz) though. You win some, you lose some.

you can't compare clock speeds between architectures as a means to compare performance. is Sup Forums this stupid?

every time you run pc, but you can modifiy bios to keep same core/mem clock with voltage any time (but it voids your warranty if someone finds out after your gpu will die)

You use something like Afterburner or the shitty named Wattman which is built into AMD drivers now.

>GCN
>hitting above 1500mhz
Only the rarest of the rare chips would.
This is true of every iteration 1st gen to current 4th gen, the arch has a stupid short 8 stage pipeline. It doesn't favor high clocks.

The RX 480 with its 1266mhz reference clocks are already overclocked.

You act like loads of people are buying Fury anyways, they arent, and that price bracket will never ever sell the volume 200-300 does.

1060 is two times 480 bruh.

It's still relatively less then what americans pay. We earn more kankerhomo

underwater? more like under muslim overlords

If you wanted to go back to ATI you could have already, they have plenty of options are different price points, 10% performance shouldn't deter you.
Being that said, you likely would face the real reason behind leaving, they have shit glitchy drivers (yeah still)

I stop trying to tell people this today. You won't win.

I've always flip flopped back and forth.

>Radeon X800
>8800GTS 512
>Radeon 4890 1GB
>Radeon 4890 1GB Crossfire
>GTX670 DirectCU II 2GB

I have a soft spot for AMD graphics since ATI was Canadian.

>they have shit glitchy drivers (yeah still)
I've never had a single driver issue with my 7850, on Windows or Linux.

AMD drivers have been fine for awhile.

>If this is true then AMD are stupid hacks for releasing a piece of shit reference card unlike any other in history. and we're in for yet another generation of "hurr durr amd is shit" despite all benchmarks proving they're the best bang for your buck.

I doubt that very much, given that a great many people are waiting for the 3rd party cards due to the common-knowledge that reference designs are shit regardless of GPU vendor.

>disgusting vertex based lighting

lol @Captcha

>:S

fucking kill yourself

Why are these all watercooled senpai why not just on air.

Troll? Netherlands median income is 48k usd, usa is 51, we are taxed less on everything.

install gentoo

personally, and i did a fuckload of benchmarking this game, the difference between high and above is nominal at best, but impacts performance greatly, half the settings can be bumped downs to high or lower and have little to no visual difference but it will take a 280x from low 30~s to 60fps

The Fury X is housefire tier that's why.

>the ze german couldn't pass over 1500mhz with liquid cooling 1,3v and 200% power
he was going it on shitty ref PCB.
Non ref PCB opens a new level with proper power circuitry and shit.

Someone managed to niggerrig a reference to 1410MHz, so AIB PCBs should hit over 1500 as I was expecting.

See real chart, OP's is fake.

most likely tomorrow

Will anyone make a silly 16gb version? Could be useful for openCL stuff.