1060 GTX BENCHMARKS ARE OUT

AMDFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/62122/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-official-performance-leaked
youtube.com/watch?v=gp7Ko7LYUaE
pcgameshardware.de/Rise-of-the-Tomb-Raider-Spiel-54451/Specials/Grafikkarten-Benchmarks-1184288/
anandtech.com/show/10446/the-amd-radeon-rx-480-preview
pcgameshardware.de/Hitman-Spiel-6333/Specials/Episode-2-Test-Benchmarks-DirectX-12-1193618/
youtube.com/watch?v=GfrAD3tRqGw&feature=youtu.be&t=24m34s
videocardz.com/62138/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-reviewers-guide-leaked
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fresh meme

Reminder that the MSRP for the 1060 GTX 6GB version is only 10€ above the RX 480 8GB.

Post the rest OP.

Source?

ayo
*fires up ashes of singularity*
you wanna
*checks pcie slots for fire*
delete this
*look over list of dx12 games again*

videocardz.com/62122/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-official-performance-leaked

holy shit rx 480 really blew nvidia the fuck out this is how desperate they are

are these averages or minimums? because in either case they're vastly off for the 480, to the point that i'd say the bencher was skewing the results for all the cards.

It's a really cute fake, but they could've at least tried.

Check the 2xSSAA, dumbass.

>Numbers from Nvidia
>Reliable
Pick one.

yeah because that would double 960 performance right?

fuck off retard.

Hah bullshit, go watch youtube reviews of the 480 and you'll see it's well over 60 fps in GTA V

That's obviously the 4GB version of the 960.
Not if you're running these exact settings.

>this piss poor damage control
i assume you get paid on a post count basis and not how much effort you actually put in to shilling?

What's the 1060 gimp price point?

Techpowerup is a shill company. I can't take any review that doesn't include details and settings seriously.

>taking currynigger 'leak's more seriously than an nvidia shill site

Ay nigga, is this with the updated firmware? Apparently the rx480 has improved performance with the new update. I'm waiting for that Sapphire Nitro aftermarket.

You can see it's hovering around 60 even on 1440p

youtube.com/watch?v=gp7Ko7LYUaE

Nice ad-hominem, faggot. Here is a benchmark of RotTR with the 4GB version. It checks out.
pcgameshardware.de/Rise-of-the-Tomb-Raider-Spiel-54451/Specials/Grafikkarten-Benchmarks-1184288/

i thought vram didnt matter

i rate 3.5/4

It's probably with month-old drivers at settings that are unrealistic.

Literally no sites have even reported the 480 performing this badly, either the benches were rigged or this is just somebody having a giggle at videocardz' expense.

>MSAA
>off

These new benchmarks were tested with 4xAA.

>Apparently the rx480 has improved performance with the new update
By roughly 0.5%.

eta till nvidia drivers improve performance instead of just gimping old cards

So you're telling me 4xAA eats 30 fps on 1440p for the 480?

Its not a 2xSSAA. Check out 970 fps, same as in techpowerup review. Only thing that still checks out is you being a retarded shill, mate.

I would need to underclock my 480 on the old drivers in order to match these results.

Can't wait to see 1.4ghz aftermarket 480s that cost $269us matching/beating the $299 1060.

If by '0.5%' you mean 'an average of 3.6%', sure thing.
Next month it'll be another 2-3%, the month after that it'll be another 1.5-2% and by the end of the year an overclocked 480 will be in striking distance of the 1070.

The hype won't die anyway, two days ago the 1060 was btfo apparently and now these in house benches from a 54.4fps ---------------------54.5 company

Sauce?

Holy shit the 480 is getting destroyed in both DX11 and DX12

RIP 480

AMD only gimps their cards, the 480 will only get worse over time

These things put 1060 roughly 15% ahead of RX 480 at 1080p. Considering 980 is about 10% ahead of 480, and nvidia claimed that 1060 has 980-level performance, these numbers seem fairly realistic. With more AMD sponsored games on the list (Hitman, Total War: Warhammer, etc) the numbers would be a bit closer, so I imagine other sites will show a bit less of a lead for 1060, but a lead regardless.

The numbers in the pic average out to 0.5%. Obviously, if you increase the amount of games benchmarked, you'd reach a lower average, and a bit higher if you only look at tomb raider / ashes.

you nvidiots aren't even trying in your own shill thread

how BTFO can you possibly get already? 1060 is DOA flop

> by the end of the year an overclocked 480 will be in striking distance of the 1070.
>Being this deluded.

I'm rooting for AMD but you're a special kind of retarded.

>the truth is shilling

That's interesting.

Not sure how you can explain away how the 1060 is way faster than a 480, the benchmarks are very clear at this point.

It should, modern engines struggle super hard with MSAA at high resolutions.

MSAA can be extremely demanding.

Ok, how would you explain 960 getting same FPS in Tomb Rider with and without 2xSSAA according to the "benchmark"?

what u guys are forgetting is that 2x480s >>> 1080

Says the retard who clearly never followed the history of the 7970.

I'd rather not hace crossfire microstutter bullshit. Dual cards, never again

Different locations in the game are more demanding than others.
Other graphical settings may differ between the benchmarks.

You generally don't want to do cross-site comparisons for absolute numbers.

I really hope you aren't trying to compare two different benchmarks to each other. You realize they're using different hardware and a different setup.

>1060 better than 480 in directx12
Should be obvious that this is horseshit.

this was a problem stated from the lack of rops

i dont actually know shit im just repeating what some other user said

Yes and no
Crossfire is dumb, but DX12 isn't crossfire.
There's no multicard stutter in DX12 (or theoretically vulkan) because it uses SFR instead of AFR. Both cards render the same frame rather than alternating, which is what causes the microstutter.
How nvidia deals with the microstutter is by adding lag to frames to make it smoother.

would rendering the same frame give some sort of tearing, or is it in small squares?

>1060 better than 480 in directx12

It's actually pretty hilarious if true.

Nvidia beating AMD at their own game, the 480 has literally nothing on the 1060 anymore.

AMDFAGS BURNING THEMSELVES ALIVE

Checked n kek'd

the 480 is around 30% faster than the 960GTX in this benchmark.

all the other benchmarks show that it's at least 50% faster.

so according to this benchmark the 480 has a 20% lead over their own successor the 380 which is by the way faster than the 960GTX.

kek.

Contrary to your beliefs, nvidia cards do fine in select DX12 games. Obviously they wouldn't pick AMD sponsored games that run like shit on their hardware (Hitman, Total War: Warhammer) for their benchmarks, and instead opt for titles like Forza and Tomb Raider. At least Ashes is there, which isn't so AMD dominated anymore after nvidia's fixes, despite Oxide doing the same shit they did in Star Swarm.

It's called crossfire regardless of the rendering method, that does not change. And DX12 doesn't force SFR. AFR will still work with DX12, and will still be easier to implement than SFR. While titles using SFR will be more common than now, AFR will most likely still be the most common option, because devs can't be bothered to cater to a minuscule amount of people.

That shouldn't happen. SFR isn't really magic though, and will have much lower scaling than AFR. That 80-100% scaling you see with AFR in some titles (in average fps, not in actual performance)? Not going to happen with SFR.

Pic related. Mantle means SFR, DX11 means AFR.

>videocardz

Sure is damage control at nvidia hq

Your math is a bit off.

480 is about 50% faster than 960 according to those benchmarks.

I give this post a 3.5 out of 4

Well it pools resources. I don't know the specifics but it can't give tearing because they're both rendering the exact same frame.
Tearing is what happens when two different frames are being displayed at the same time- while the monitor is refreshing the screen (one line of pixels at a time), a new frame is delivered from the GPU and it switches to the next frame midway through the refresh, giving a horizontal tear. If you're at like 20fps and 60Hz, the monitor displays the same frame in a row 3 times and then bam during the 4th refresh a new frame is delivered. Freesync (and gsync through some roundabout way) only refresh the screen when a new frame is delivered. (which requires some communication between monitor and GPU, hence displayport or nvidia's module)
Tearing is just not an issue related to SFR or AFR.

The rendering resources are simply shared between the cards. Rendering is already highly parallel so the work just gets split even more

seriously this shit comes from the site that created the graph of 1060 being x1.4 and nvidia themself debunked it

i will say it one more time

whoever posts wccftech or videocardz is just a fucking retard

>and nvidia themself debunked it
Source?

So the leaks are officially from Nvidia? If you take their 1060 numbers against reviewed rx480 this is what you get.

Division - 480: 58.7 | 1060: 53.1
TR (before patch) - 480: 70.4 | 1060: 51.3
Crysis 3 - 480: 58.7 | 1060: 43.6
Ashes - 480: 45.2 | 1060: 36.0
Witcher 3 - 480: 50.0 | 1060: 53.0
GTA 5 - 480: 58.7 | 1060: 60.1

anandtech.com/show/10446/the-amd-radeon-rx-480-preview

I have no words to describe how retarded you are.

based nVidia

we won again

ayymd btfo

AMDrones on suicide watch.

7970 was AMD's flagship. But now you're saying that their midrange 480 can compete with nvidias high end 1070. Either you're that deluded or just a shill.

Marginally better now (in Goyworks titles), considerably worse 2 years from now.

So Nvidia is worse in games that use DX12 properly?

Yes, games like Hitman, that look worse with DX12 than with DX11, use DX12 properly.

Sure buddy.

nvidia own 1060 page.. look it up

pcgameshardware.de/Hitman-Spiel-6333/Specials/Episode-2-Test-Benchmarks-DirectX-12-1193618/

google translate

>Hitman in DX12 almost always looks worse than under DX11. This is primarily the timid streaming of DX12 which, unlike DX11, doesn't always apply maximum texture resolution. We suspect that this DX12 memory management creates many headaches for developers and that the current setting is a compromise to stifle a buffer overflow, and to nip potential performance drops in the bud.

Not seeing anything debunking it.

That's not what I'm seeing. Im cross viewing some reviews for these exact games and benchmarks, and on most of them the gap between the 480 and the 980 is slightly larger. Something around 15 to 20% on average, depending on what's tested.

The 960 gap does check out though.

Examples: DX11

Nvidiafags BTFO

youtube.com/watch?v=GfrAD3tRqGw&feature=youtu.be&t=24m34s

DX12

I used TPU for my 10% figure.

>Sapphire Nation
Sure is unbiased opinion here.

No way this is real

Sapphire/Zotac makes nvidia cards also.

What's so exciting about drooling over benchmarks for hardware you'll never buy / use to its fullest extent (for the majority of the people here)?

What's so great about company honor? Do you the people making the products you use don't give a single shit about you specifically? They only care about your money.

I've never understood the GPU craze on Sup Forums, someone please explain.

shit gets real when you have 10k invested in nvidia

we want to feel like we made the better choice when we buy a card

now ged oud

shill

>better choice
>nvidia card
>dx12
pick one

It's a pretty fucked up game.

And unlike the episode 1 of the game, the episode 2 actually gives nvidia cards a bigger boost than AMD cards with DX12.

All AMD sponsored games go into the same pile as goyworks games anyway.

Ayyyyy

NVIDIOTS GET OUTTTTTTTTT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Mostly it's just to show people how buying AMD is always the wrong choice. Nvidia always makes better products.

Just people laughing at the idiot AMD shills shitting up the place lately

DELETE PLS

If those benchmarks are real 480RX non-ref cards are DOA.

Here is the full source.
videocardz.com/62138/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-reviewers-guide-leaked

Damn nvidia have a winner with this one. I guess they believed all the rumors about the 480 being 980/390x performance hence why they targeted 980 performance with the 1060 to match the 480x (based on early 480x speculation). That tweet from that Nvidia marketing guy about how people will laugh at the 480x once reviews came out probably confirms this.

No one expected the 480x to be so bad.

DELET

I bet all my shekels that the 1060 was overclocked to hell like the 2,1ghz on 69°C meme 1080 nobody ever reached again in tests

>damage control

its a videocardz article pretty sure it was made up by him lol

>damage control

nvidia pr shill top kek

>damage control

Doesnt matter the 480 has opensource drivers so they already won by design
Everyone actually buying a proprietary gpu in 2016 should consider killing themselves