GTX 1060

wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-1060-performance-benchmarks-leak/

WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d8OLk2y6Aco
forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=157414
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

RIP 480

DELETE THIS

>tomb rider
>forza
AoTs I'm surprised but then again, 5% better for like 20% more the money..

>WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>highly OCed 1060 is better than stock rx480

> A card you need a soldering iron "sold separately" to use

RIP AYYMD KEKEKEKEK

AMDead

> rx480
> overclockering

Sorry pal

But those germans proved it's LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE to overclock past 1500 megahertz

FUCK OFF

|
|>
|

Yes that's a good goym

based fucking nvidia.

I don't think that second one is highly overclocked. Although the 480 isn't either.

>For the cheap price of 399 US dollars
Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

> A more expensive card beats a cheaper one
HOLY SHIT, DONE AND FINISHED!!!

Uhhh 1060 is $249

>wccftech

DELET DIS

All this damage control today, its gotta be because of the doom Vulkan patch.

AMDummies on suicide watch

Reference 480 with 4gb AND old drivers.

Newest driver reduced difference with the 1060 by 5%, and Vulkan by 20%.

1060 is going to be shit for the new Deus Ex, Halos, GoW4, and anything else. It is a card for game backlog.

>wccftech
>muh 1.5ghz 480
>reputable source

base boost is 1700 on gtx1060, on rx480 100mhz gives you about 10% performance boost.

if we would take that 200mhz is 7% power boost on gtx1060(as the chart shows 7% is biggest boost)

rx looks better and better every second.

>i put my poo in there

yes, in 8 months. it will be around 325 initially i suspect

Looks like AMD didn't put enough poo in the 480

>I fuck your mom and this fucks your motherboard

1060 MSRP is $249

How many times must we go through this? WCCFTECH is a rumour aggregator. It is not a news source.

kek

FE is $299

Too bad the Cuck Edition is the only on you can buy for the first 4 months. Shill on!

those too slow to buy it can buy the slow card (rx480)

Actually all 3rd party boards come out on launch on July 19

Interesting, but given the source I'll take it with a grain of salt, wccf were claiming the 480 is going to beat the 980 after all

and the 1070/1080 msrp is like 30% lower than what they're sold for. it's just a suggestion ;^)

Honestly that's almost irrelevant information at this point. It wont be available at $249 for a while.

Are you sure about that PR Dave? Maybe you should put away those marketing materials and work on async!

>July 19
>nVidia releases expensive and shitty cards
>After market releases cheap and better cards same day

I don't understand, why would nVidia want that?

No idea, but that's literally what's happening.

Look at the 1060 press release, all cards, including 3rd party, will be available on July 19th.

You faggots still don't get it.

The rx 480 is 200$, 2 of them are more powerfull than a 1080 and cheaper. 1060 doesn't even have SLI.

Except none of that is true.

Did you even read the OP? The 1060 is clearly superior.

I dunno. I mean, nVidia is winning, right? So I don't know why they don't want to milk the consumers bone-dry while AMD has nothing.

>yeah the $200 480 will totally beat the 980 ti for $250, and just because it's slower than the 970 doesn't mean anything because the drivers hasn't matured!

>Except none of that is true.
if you say so

From what we have seen from the 1070 and 1080, the non-reference cards do not launch at MSRP, but at above-reference prices. They only go down in price much later.

milking would be releasing FE for first 4 months so that everyone would pay 50bux directly as profit to nVidia.

Announced price in Europe is 10€ lower than RX480. AMD won't sell shit.

>multi gpu
drink beach pajeet
maybe you'll become white

I mean I don't doubt any of the benchmarks, I just don't understand why people think the 1060 is obtainable at $250.

The card will be 299 for months, essentially 50% more than the 480. They both have good price/performance ratios... and they're both valid cards to be buying.

When the 1060 is available at $250, then I will say that it is the better buy.

Still better value for money
>stawman arguements

Announced price.

> $300+ GPU
> Rip $200 GPU

Yeah no, not even close.

>drink beach pajeet
>maybe you'll become white
Why drink beach when that's prime poo area?

These scores don't even exist on the 3DMark results site

Maybe you can overpay NVIDIA in hopes they actually implement Vulkan and OpenCL 2.0 properly. Just kidding, they'll just keep sucking you idiots dry for shitty products.

they are from OPs article.

LE AYYYMD IS FINNISHD

So they're fabricated most likely. Otherwise you'd be able to find them.

holy shit it took a max overclocked 1060 to beat a stock 480
LEL

Aren't Nvidia cards clocked almost 50% higher or something to compete? 2Ghz to AMD's 1200Ghz for example or something crazy. No? Looks desperate.

you can't compare clock speeds between the two like that, retard.

its screams"im fake" all over..

ops numbers are so off not even hubble can find them
not to mention the card is so cut down that it cant possibly provide such numbers

So AMD runs something more complex or sophisticated? They're able to squeeze more performance with less? Nvidia has to brute force their way to get similar?

do you know how retarded you sound right now?

nobody reply to this uneducated retard.

ofc you can those clock are the max we already saw on the rest of the paxwell cards...

AMD uses more power to get similar performance, so clearly they aren't getting more performance with less.

Perhaps the moar power meme is for future proofing considering many of the cards that old enough to go into kindergarten are still top performers.

so we cant compare the clocks but we can compare the power so right after we can compare the perfomance so to we assume the clocks...

right....

>t. retard who can't into architectures and pipelines etc

What did you just fkin say to me you little bitch? 1v1 me fucko

Where the fuck are there $250 new in box 980ti cards? The 970 is going for $270+ on newegg, and that card is a little slower than the $200 RX480.

we know how paxwell cards perform we keep seeing them since early 2014...

>$250 new in box 980ti cards?
now that would be amazing.

I know. Point me to one and I'll buy it.

youtube.com/watch?v=d8OLk2y6Aco

You can compare the clocks. it just tells you literally nothing.

if only I could, I would buy two.

>1060 non boost clock is 1500mhz
>boost is 1700mhz
>1900mhz 1060 is barely faster than a stock 480

Why is this card exciting?

I see tons of 970's on craigslist they aren't selling @220. Bunch of crybabies with 1070's and 1080's too bitching about no refunds.

see

Apparently there are tearing and other incompat issues with the 1070 and 1080 cards or crashing peoples shit.

It's not.

as numbers yes obviously lol
i mean that those clocks(if real) means the card is on its limit already because the rest of the lineup goes up there...
so the perf you see is what you will get

I usually don't respond to these threads because most of the time it's just NEETs trying to outbullshit each other but this time I can chime in and wholeheartedly say that with AMD's shitty optimization and budget look and play quality, the GTX 1060 is, without a doubt, superior in every way imaginable

Nobody knows what the limit is, so I have no idea what performance you'll get OCd with either card. I'm not gonna look at some chinese wankers benchmarks and go "yup that looks about right".

nobody knows? pretty sure the highly clocked paxwell out there is on 2200+mhz...that is the limit of them...

Can you prove that claim?

Oh this is the site that showed the rx480 at 1600mhz. Must be legit

>2Ghz to AMD's 1200Ghz

are you thick? you're comparing the near maximum clock of one arch to the base clock of another arch. if the 1060 was at 2ghz compared to the base clock of the 480 at 1.26ghz it would obviously destroy the 480 but it's a stupid comparison anyway.

it's
>1.5ghz 1060 vs 1.26ghz 480 (base)
>~2.2ghz 1060 vs ~1.4ghz 480 (max)

if you had any graps of technology you would have know where to see it
forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=157414

That's not the 1060 you fucking retard. How the hell did you mix up 1060 and 1080?

are you dense? 1060 is a cut version of a cut version not a fucking cucked production line it has the same limit as 1070/80

are you braindead? he was talking about "highly clocked paxwell out there". it is 1080.

>nvidia card goes over 2 Ghz

based fucking nvidia.

Same arch and same process, yeah, but the 1060 is a different chip and will most certainly be on cheaper PCBs than the luxury class 1080s. I highly doubt clockspeeds will be greater than stock 1070s. Just look at what they had 960s running at relative to the rest of Maxwell. Different chips but the same philosophy will apply.

I don't know if you noticed, but this thread is about the 1060. Also, the 1060 is not the same chip as 1080. It's about half its size.

you are really braindead.

exactly. and the smaller the chip the higher the frequencies that can be achieved, generally. the 1060 can probably go higher than the clocks the 1080 achieves.

>Nvidia announce their new graphics cards along with the prices
>The 1080 and 1070 finally launch
>+33%~ price inflation due to artificial stock restrictions, Apple tactics in full play

>Expecting the 1060 to be any different

Enjoy your 40% price hike for 10-15% more performance you cucklords.