Polaris and Vega flop

>Polaris and Vega flop
>Radeon Technologies Group spun off (read: ATI are independent again)
>Zen does OK
>Nvidia buys AMD (there were merger talks 10 years ago but they didn't want Jensen as CEO, AMD kept their spic CEO that ran the company in to the ground)

What could go wrong?

Nvidia have enough cash on hand to buy AMD at their current market cap.

Fuck off Kyle
There is no way Rajeet would have the authority to sell Radeon to Intel. Get that fucking tinfoil hat off.

Just watch it happen when Lisa Su gets sick of dealing with the street shitter

>Nvidias romantacize about an Nvidia x86 processor in their PCs again

Its not happening, bub. Microsoft, Samsung or some Chinese company would sooner buy AMD than Nvidia.

I'm no expert but that seems like a shit idea. I'm a nvidiot and everything, but having them buy out one of their biggest (really the only real) competitors in the GPU market just seems like a bad idea all around, correct me if I'm wrong, but it just seems like that would be bad news for the market.

RTG would get spun off in to ATI before any Nvidia sale

AMD's x86 license is nontransferable

Shoo Kyle

Hi im an AMD insider here and rumor among employees of AMD is that Lisa Su has agreed with Donald Trump to sell Ati for over 6 gorrillion dollars so he can start his own line of Trump Technology.

I hope Kyle from Hard OCP covers this interesting tidbit of news.

Nvidia would have no chance in a bidding war for AMD. Much bigger fish would snap them up for their patents alone.

> Nvidia buys AMD
> Anti trust laws break them into several competing companies that produce GPUs

Seems alright to me

Nvidia really aren't as big a company as you think they are. Antitrust laws wouldn't be an issue even if they bought AMD wholesale, let alone the CPU division only. There are plenty of other larger companies out there producing CPUs and GPUs, not least Intel, even if they're not all aimed at the desktop market (which is irrelevant in this context).

>anti trust laws breaking up companies

this trend hasn't been observed since the 20th century . Monopolies that have been broken up have resurfaces as stronger entities
>what is Verizon
>what is (AOL) Time Warner
>what is NBC/Comcast/Universal(GE)
>what is AT&T
>what is Vivendi

Monopolies that would've triggered arcane antitrust breakups had this not been fucked up bizarro world:
>Disney
>Hewlett-Packard
>GM is a great story of a monopoly that bought out competition, only to sell/disband them when they were bankrupt WHILE BEING BAILED OUT AND GIVEN CARTE BLANCHE TO STAY A GIANT FUCKING FAILURE OF A MEGACOMPANY

>Nvidia have enough cash on hand to buy AMD at their current market cap.
A merger like this would get stopped everywhere in the world, since it would create a monopoly.

>Vega flop
>Zen does OK
Yeah... nah...

Intel releases some even more powerful iGPUs and kills them both off

Nah, amd will buy nvidia after zen and polaris/vega success.

>What could go wrong?
5k$ for a 1150ti 1 gb edition?

>buying something that's literally worthless
Why the FUCK would Nvidia buy AMD? Literally why? Do you spend all day coming up with these R E T A R D E D ideas?

>6 years
>No performance increase
>pricws skyrocketing
That's exactly what can go wrong.

This

Nobody is dumb enough to buy a sinking ship like AMD

Euros could call them anticompetitive and fine them until they broke up, unless they can spin that Intel is enough competition for AMVidia

I would be okay with this

Rumor is Intel is going to buy AMD's GPU division

There is no such rumour.
My dad works for intel and he said that AMD isn't worth shit.

If you're looking at buyouts you'll have to wait until AMD becomes bankrupt (won't have to wait long)

my dad is Donald Trump and I can attest that Trump Tech WILL be a reality. AMD is being bought for no less than 6 gorillion, thats about a thousand million, as many as the poor victims of the holocaust.

Trump/AMD 2016!