How many poor people are on Sup Forums? There mustn't be many since all of you have the latest NVIDIA, Intel, Corsair...

How many poor people are on Sup Forums? There mustn't be many since all of you have the latest NVIDIA, Intel, Corsair, and Bose products. How are you guys able to afford the best products available and not have to settle for AMD and such?

we save money on software

I'm sort of poor. Making below minimum wage, got my own rent and bills to pay. Buying anything is a bitch, but I am going start working as a web developer soon.

Who are you?

>There mustn't be many since all of you have the latest NVIDIA, Intel, Corsair, and Bose products. How are you guys able to afford the best products available and not have to settle for AMD and such?
That's all paid shills.

>tfw you literally save thousands of dollars on software and movies per month

S H I I L S

H

I

L

L

S

I'm poor as shit. Only 35k/y.
Still, waiting for new computer parts to be shipped.
I7 6700k
Asus Z170-A
DDR4 2x8gb 3200
FD R4/window
750w platinum rated psu

Kinda hoping when my computer died it was just the mobo or cpu and not the hard drives or gpu since I'll just use those.

Being poor doesn't mean you can't spend money on hobbies. Especially when a PC can help you escape the awful reality of life.

>35k/y
Your rich then

I gotta manage with about 1k/y at 25 years

You're not, stop trying to fit in and fish for attention.

> Only 35k/y
nice bait m8

I make $200 a month in a call center, living in a third world country, not pajeet but close.
The few money I make goes on helping my parents pay rent and electricity/internet.

Yes, not everyone is that guy in the salary threads boasting about making 80k for barely getting any work done thanks to being born in the right place and knowing the right people.

Very sorry to hear that, I hope you will find a better source of income at some point. That has to suck pretty badly.

>tfw 33k/year
>five months off in the winter so I make a cheeky 10k extra doing temp jobs

Oh, and I earn 11k per year.

there are many poor people everywhere. i'm poor living in a poor third world shithole.

i fucking despise the fuckers that always spout "what, are you poor?" YES, YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT. I'M POOR.

but, it doesn't mean i don't enjoy to discuss the progress of the human ingenuity.

i will never be able to afford a ferrari, or mclaren, a tesla, or a civic... but i appreciate they exist

Hope you find better employment soon, user.

Dirt poor student here. I'm still using the expensive PC I built 7 years ago when I had a job and was living at my parents.

My most extravagant purchase was a GTX970 I got for almost half price while looking for a used GTX960.

where are you from?

>work a shitty 2000€/month job
>1k for rent and food and shit
>The rest you can use to buy anything you want

>Sup Forums doesn't understand cost of living
35k/y isn't anything bois, especial when you're not living with mammy.

Depends on where you live.

I don't live with my parents, live in a first-world country and make 11k/y. So yeah.

35k/y translates to ca. 18/h provided a 40h week. Thats not bad, user.

That is pretty low, no? Below 1st world governmental FreeBux level?

>living in the rich part of Europe
I survive on 600 povertydollars/month

Yup.

>tfw

I make less than 10k a year AND have to pay rent. Poor as fuck. Still, I got my X220 and my Nexus 5X. Life's good.

FreeBux is like 8k/year if you never worked and payed into social security.

Currently just under education and get money from my government just because I educate myself
Have a pretty ok PC at home (is currently at mums for a quick visit)
>FX-8350
>R9 270X
>16GB DDR3
>ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0
and a whole bunch of scavanged parts from friends old PCs such as Hard drives and shit

Is soon done with my education and is then pretty much out of a job. I do have a slight plan, but it's very fuzzy. My emergency plan is to go back to my mum or a friend and stay there a while when I find a job.

Gov. checks

I live vicariously through /g because i cant buy shit ,wages are low as fuck and prices are higher than in decent countries

>FreeBux is like 8k/year if you never worked and payed into social security.

No freebux where I live.
No jobs either.
Hoping to get an internship for a whopping 500 eu/month.

I understand that you're poor but why do you have an i7? Why do you have shittier monitors than people literally give away for free and low cost? Why haven't you trolled craigslist or asked someone to sell you a better card than a GT 740?

They are children from upper-middle/upper class families.

Better than me in a 3rd World country full of taxes and absurdly crappy currency.

I'm poor but my specs are good enough. A 2nd gen Core i3 desktop running at 3.4ghz with hyper threading and a GT 740 graphics card and 4GB of RAM.

I got the i3, motherboard and RAM in an old desktop I got off ebay for cheap (only had a crappy Pentium laptop before that) and got the 740 a year later after saving up. I bought the 740 for it's CUDA cores because I'm into modeling in Blender and they make rendering so much faster, but the graphics card also allows me to emulate Gamecube and Wii at full speed (I tried it on just the integrated GPU on the processor before I got the dedicated card and only got 20-60% speed in Dolphin)

I can play games that are a few years old at moderately high settings, too.

I've considered getting an old i5 quad core that uses the same socket as my current i3 off ebay (so like i5 2500 or 2500k) but they've held their prices pretty well and it isn't worth it for me.

I hope AMD Zen brings some low cost processors that aren't terrible and force Intel to lower their prices so I can upgrade a little sometime soon.

>Why haven't you trolled craigslist

Trawled, not trolled.

Trawled: search thoroughly.

Trolled: slang for purposefully angering someone for one's own amusement or the amusement of others.

Good catch. I stand corrected.

>pirate all your software
>never interact with people socially
>never take a holiday, ever

There, now you can spend all of your disposable income on tech that you don't really need, even with a minimum or near-minimum wage job.

Im a NEET on meager autism bux yet have plenty of money saved because no normalfag expenses (gf, car kids).

>35k/y
>rich
>mfw I thought 80k/y was poor during my first job

Ragie Wagies pay for my lavish NEET lifestyle.

>mfw I thought 80k/y was poor during my first job

It is if you live in LA, San Francisco, or NYC. Janitors get paid $95k a year their. My job has relocation assistance/COLAs and I would get almost triple what they pay me now if I were to move to NYC but I wouldn't actually make a penny more.

>I make $200 a month in a call center, living in a third world country

That honestly isn't that bad. My first job was at a call center in america and I only got $800 a month. And I can guarantee you that where I was living is more than four times as expensive to live than pajeet.

Eh, I make about 20k a year in the Midwest. I share an apartment with my gf and another roommate so rent is cheap as fuck. Money isn't super tight but my job is physically demanding so it evens out

I live in Pakistan and make about ~$3000/month but still I can't afford all these latest products (still running a GTX 560 Ti). Reason being either that the product is not available or available at an astronomical price. Also, I have a wife so there's that.

It's called a job.

Italy?

I literally have amd rig and can't afford a 126gb ssd.

"trolling" also comes from a fishing term - the meanings are much closer than you think

I only make only $36,000 CAD a year($28,000 USD) BEFORE tax

I'm learning programming hoping it will get me a better job

bump

Did you ignore all the Thinkpad threads?

Oh you sweet child. You are in for a terrible surprise.

>poor as shit
>35k/y

i am almost at the poverty line. fuck off.

Never had that problem. Im making 106k/yr at age 20

Post related

>Anime memes
>Not autistic
Pick one, konichiwa senpai desu~ uwu

how on earth would anybody spend that much, anyway?

>a ferrari, or mclaren, a tesla, or a civic
>a civic
One of these things is not like the others.

Im a lead on a production line where we make kidney dialyzers. Last year i made ~52k before taxes. If i didnt have a gf i could probably have built an i7 extreme with twin 980ti's from a couple weeks worth of overtime. Unfortunately women are expensive.

Wait, I am supposed to get paid for my shilling..wtf. Okay, who's got the number to redeem your shilling points? I need it I guess.

>~52k before taxes
Where do you live? That can either be a very comfy amount or it could be just enough to get by.

if u think my computer is sweet you should see my car, and if u think thats sweet check out the awsome house i live in

He can't afford a civic so he damn sure can't afford the others

Still, he jumped down about three orders of magnitude all at once. He could have just said "a new car".

Found the basement dweller. Bills exist, nigger; I bring home $3700 per month, and I have to watch my money. Insurance, utilities, mortgage, food, gas, and random expenses consume pretty much all of my check. I only have ~$50/week to do fun things with.

Do you have the Nexus 5X on Project Fi? The $20 per month plan with $10 for every GB is a godsend. My bill has been like $24 since I got it. And the phone itself was $100 off when the service first launched.

What kind of living expenses do you have that you'd think that is bad

So wait Sup Forums is just a bunch of poorfag illiterate losers that shill for their cheap inferior products?

I wouldn't call a 1080 an "inferior" product. RX 480 is quite affordable though.

motherfucker piece of shit

Sup Forums isn't about "products". because of shitrags like you this place has gone down the shitter

>new car
Lol that nigga can't even afford a 96 civic with no wheels

not really poor but hardware poor, my main daily drivers (a thinkstation S20 and a thinkpad T420) were free, everything else I haven't paid a dime over $50 for

don't really care that much, find it difficult to justify the cost on newer equipment for the occasional game every six months and I don't really give a shit as long as I get 30 fps on medium settings, would rather spend the money on fixing up shitboxes for fun instead

Retard with no reading comprehension detected

Poor guy here.

Have no job. No income.

Living with gf who basically puts food on the table.

Before you ask. I'm 32. She's 54.

I was framed by 2 cops and my criminal background is defamed. No one will hire me with that charge on my record. I'm appealing it right now.

Using a Mac Pro tower that I bought when I was still making good money. Has a GT120 in it.

Ayyy just a heads up, try Craigslist
>post ad tgat you'll do labor, odd jobs etc
>people pay $20 per hour for retarded shit
If you want money

I spent all my savings on a GTX 1080
no i dont have a pc to use it with but at least I can stick it to those AMDpoors

I hate working but I need money. I'm not gonna say I'm one of those smart but lazy guys but I'm definitely not dumb. I'm currently studying mech eng but when I think of the work I've been doing and how it's gonna continue for 30+ years I feel weird.

What do you guys think should I do?

read manga

>Tells us everything about his shitty life except the interesting parts.
What were you charged with?

>No one will hire me with that charge on my record.
You can have a record and still do low-tier jobs, like cashier or waiter or cook. No?

Where the hell do you live where the police are framing you?

$140 a month as a freelance tech.

Wished I could get an online job instead, something that doesn't involved to act like a clown in a streaming site.

>Pakistan
>$3000/mo

That's the equivalent of $200k per year here. You're rich as fuck. Why not import what you need?

Hell, people on pension/welfare who struggle here and stand in bread line occasionally can live like kings in some 3rd world country like Thailand. For the price of 20 sqm condo here you can buy a palace...

Which ones?

He's making a point and being humble at the same time.

I'm a brokefag in the market for a new laptop with a £600 budget, is it worth paying the extra money to get an i7 for MUH FUTURE PREWFING or should I just get an i5 or i3 and save monies for the replacement a few years down the line

don't care about graphics, outside of work (probably the most intense would be graphing shit for dissertation) it's just gonna be a shitposting machine

>it's just gonna be a funposting machine
Definitely do not need the i7.

LOL KYS poorfags

United States.

Utah.

>tfw canadian
>rx 480 costs 350$ with taxes

Even OP recognises that buying AMD is settling.