Atom.io

Other urls found in this thread:

vimawesome.com/plugin/vim-multiple-cursors
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>written in node
>desktop "app"

maki-puking.png

just use intellij nigguh

Wait what? Who the fuck thought that this was a good idea?

The code artisans :^)

>not using microsoft's proprietary copy of atom that is way better and lighter

>written in node
>A hackable text editor for the 21st Century
It all makes sense.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

>not using the smiley with a carat nose

:^)

>over 100 mb for a text editor

no thanks

I gets really unresponsive after maybe a day or two.

node FUCKING js

The one that transmits data about you and what you're doing unless you opt-out without telling you?

Yeah, it's great dude.

>Look at me
>Why are you not looking at me
>Please look at me

Just use whatever the fuck you like. If editor and speed that comes from it matters in your job, you will be outsourced to India in few years anyway. Maybe they will even ship Pajeet in for convenience. Editor only matters in all those jobs that do not matter in the first place.

VS Code is superior in any way.

right, because android studio written in a """real language""" on a """real platform""" is soo superior and has such great UX and performance!

goddamit I love being a nodejs developer, we get so many goodies.

Java is not a real language. Not that I have anything against it but anything that requires some form of major intermediary to work on your machine is not a real language. Java is also particularly bad at applications with complex GUI, even JetBrains people struggle with it and they are as good as Java programmers can get.

>VS Code

Is just a reskinned Atom

>vscode
waiting for minimap, slow work without it.

Use sublime text

Theres a plugin for it.

But yeah I had to stop using Atom because after you install a few plugins the thing is a hog , its slow, it cant open large files, its written in fucking coffeescript by github SJWs.

It's a nice looking editor but it's garbage. Switched to vscode and havent had any problems.

>I love being a nodejs developer

I'm poor and the popup drives me crazy.

Use someone else's license or use the crack

not him but what's it called?

I use it, it's pretty nice. Slightly slow to start since it's based on Electron, slightly slower to open huge files then Sublime Text, altogether a good Sublime replacement if you haven't paid for Sublime.

As a web developer, the fact that it's built on web technologies is nice, you can just get in there and change whatever you need to.

All of that said, in my journey for "real programming" I do plan on learning VI.

JavaScript is for websites.

It's logo is a picture of a deprecated atomic model.

I wouldn't use it.

Atom has a bug where it'll match parentheses with parentheses in string literals. As in, { will match with "}".

I work on a git project and it's super convenient because it color codes added/changed/deleted lines and files. Makes it very easy to navigate the project and see what I'm looking for. If VS Code allows this I will switch over in a heartbeat.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

It's bretty gud, been using it for a while now. If you have to open large files, you're doing something wrong anyways so that's no problem for me.

>not using the smiley with a carrot nose >_>

*tips*

I didn't know niggers posted in Sup Forums

That is very offensive. What is your shill number so I can report you to your Supervisor?

what the fuck is wrong with just using notepad++? do people not want it because it is not "hackable"?

slow laggy shit

If Atom had better Rust completion I'd use it. Right now the Rust plugins for VS Code are overall better.

>notepad++
>Windows only text editor
Fuck off mate

>Windows

All of the bloat of an actual IDE with none of the features.

You can prise my notepad++ from my cold dead hands.

It's rumoured that there are some extreme vim configs that can make it match notepad++ but they're still only rumours.

On Monday I spent almost 30 mins trying to figure out how to change the syntax highlighting on Visual Studio Code before giving up and going back to glorious notepad++

what do you think about Brackets made by Adobe ?
it is my first editor and I really like it

botnet

Pretty design isn't worth all the fuckups that come with using too many packages. Plus, my PyCharm already looks prettier anyway.

So perl and python aren't 'real' languages either then, I guess? k

runs great on OS X, tried on linux vm and it lagged (but maybe its because it run in vm, or maybe linux just sucks dick)

>Not that I have anything against it but anything that requires some form of major intermediary to work on your machine is not a real language.

Is C# a real language?

>.io

This
I dont understand why anyone would be excited for a new editor. We have plenty and we all have at least one. What does this one do thats special?

intellij is not even a text editor

I use Atom because I need to justify 16gb of RAM.

I'm not even joking.

Run your OS in a RAMdisk

It's now my default editor. I used to use Sublime but the "BUY ME" pop up got annoying

Atom is free and does the same thing. Yes I'm sure it's not as quick but my mac is fast enough that I don't notice it.

Good editor IMO

It works alright-ish but it's not nearly as lightweight as it should be for a barebones text editor.
Also
>writing a desktop text editor in a web programming framework

>right, because android studio written in a """real language""" on a """real platform""" is soo superior and has such great UX and performance!
Android Studio is shit too but the comparison is fucking retarded. Atom, as its name suggests, and as opposed to Android Studio, is meant to be a fairly barebones, lightweight text editor. Android Studio is a full-fledged mobile development IDE with a shitton of features such as an emulator, a bunch of graphical views for modules, packager and the list goes on.

Fuck you.
>Linux
>Next big thing.

JS on desktop has been around for ages. Keep up with the times, gramps.

It does nothing better than existing text editors already do, and what it does have that other editors don't do just plain sucks.

its pretty good I use it sometimes

>pretty great theme
>autocomplete is nice at times
>plugins for days
>tree view
>multiple tabs are viewable on the same screen for those big projects

>fucking slow piece of shit
>gathers user information
>did I mention how slow it is?
>most of the things it has for it can be accomplished with other editors

I am no coder so I just use notepad++, but I tried it and like it a bit, might use it on my next fresh install

>Java is also particularly bad at applications with complex GUI
yeah right

I'm not a memer and so don't hate node just because it's a new technology.

But cmon. That thing works shittier than a TinyMCE web editor

i use it. eh even on my chinkpad it works well enough for the shitty things i have to open.

>rpm
>deb

anyone tried brackets? how is it?

Why not use Notepad++ like a decent human being?

because using windows brands you automatically as a degenerate

The fact that it exists doesn't mean it should.

This. Only $69.99, goy.

not vim/10

I think I'm the only person on this planet who uses geany. I feel lonely

It's worse than that. If you bought Sublime Text v1, you had to pay 70 dollars to get to v2. Then another 70 to get to v3.

Loved it. It's great for HTML/CSS and MAYBE Javascript. I like how it has a plugin where you can instantly see your results on Chrome, but I'd only suggest using it for HTML/CSS related things. For everything else, I'd say use Atom or Sublime.

People who like javascript and easy to program UI. The Javascript/DOM model to UI programming is super easy to get things done.

why would you use anything other than vim

The presence of a machine language compiler does not determine whether a language is real or fake.

It's good for web design and awful for web development. I do full stack and while everyone was using that I felt like killing people writing angular and node with it.

Sublime is still top.

Ignore the shitters. Atom is pretty much the best GUI general purpose text editor out there right now.

I use it for basic text editing and for making or editing small snippets of source code that don't require the use of an IDE while still having the benefit of syntax highlighting.

vimawesome.com/plugin/vim-multiple-cursors

Atom has this by default.

8gb of ram recommended to edit text. This is how we live now.

I use geany too, after failing to fall for the VIM meme.

This alone should be enough of a reason to use Atom

Has google analytics built in and enabled by default.

What I think?? I'll tell you what I think! I think that that string of hair on the top left corner of the screen is fucking disgusting. THAT's what I think!

Fuck me sideways. If there's anything that makes me feel like a hacker, that is it. What is it?

>living a default life

lmao'ing at ur lyfe

I don't use atom summerfag

The package is Activate Power Mode

Can I program in Java on this?

It's winrar tier license. You don't need to pay. But the editor js great.

Emacs?

Just get intellij and install vim plugin

>when children do programming

I prefer that you call me "Code Artisan"