Should I wait or hop on the deal

Should I buy this? 17 in screen with a 970m and i76700hq and an ssd, through prime deal I can get it for $1238. I've read reviews and everyone says it gets hot, anybody have any input on what I should do?
MSI GS70 Stealth Pro-006 17.3" SLIM AND LIGHT GAMING LAPTOP NOTEBOOK i7-6700HQ Geforce GTX970M 16GB 128GB SSD+1TB

>msi
>gaymen

It's not bait I'm serious kek

Useless thread. Do research and find out how stupid "gaming laptops" are and sage

If you think it's worth to buy a laptop instead of a desktop at that price then go for it.

As for the heat problem. I think it's only natural. Even on a desktop pc the cpu/gpu get really hot. That super thin layer of plastic/metal/bezel is not going to be able to disperse all the heat coming off from your components.

Yeah I already have a gaming desktop, I'm getting a thousand dollars from my dad for "school" and I have to use it for school. My first two years of college are paid for and I also have money for 3 and 4. I don't have a laptop for class and I'm not a pleb that's going to get a shitbox laptop

I have an Acer v17 same specs that I got for 1250$ so I dunno mate.

I have one.
It is a decent laptop, especially to game on. That obviously has it downsides mainly that it gets warm (it's not really bad) it isn't quiet and it is big.
That are the trade-offs that every gaming laptop has.

So if you don't plan on using it as a main platform to game and want a lighter laptop more suitable for work related things there are better choices.

What do you get for game performance? Like what fps on what games

If you already have a gaming desktop you don't need a gaming laptop. Get something with better battery life desu

I don't have the numbers in mind but most games run reasonably well.
For the price, a 970m and a i7 are also the best you will get.
You can check 970m benchmarks if you want specifics. They should be very representative of the actual performance.

But again if you don't want to use it as a primary game platform there are lots of drawbacks you have to take especially concerning portability.

Get a lightweight laptop with a ton of battery life and comfortable keyboard for class and other things. No sense in getting a gaming laptop if you have a desktop.

My gaming desktop has a 660ti and an amd 10 5600k, idk it's pretty outdated I was thinking of replacing my desktop with this laptop and just selling my desktop on Craigslist

>Not a ThinkPad

Don't bother asking Sup Forums. You should know what the answer will be

>bait thread
lol

>
>My gaming desktop has a 660ti and an amd 10 5600k, idk it's pretty outdated I was thinking of replacing my desktop with this laptop and just selling my desktop on Craigslist

Let me just stop you the fuck right there. Just buy a GPU for 600/700 like the 1080/1070 and get a notebook 250 or something like the ASUS X205TA and then with the savings, upgrade your rig.

In a few weeks, it will be obsolete. In a few months, you'll be ashamed to admit you bought it.

I HAVE to use the FULL one thousand for "school"

>kek

>>>reddit.com/r/Sup Forums

>>gaymen laptop
Well memed, now kys