/sqt/

/sqt/

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery
github.com/Rapptz/Reddit-Imgur-Scraper
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-desktop/when-will-the-cantonese-input-method-be-available/9eb2d03c-e326-4eb6-9f72-c1320e32102bfor
kickstarter.com/projects/droprinter/droprinter-the-worlds-first-smart-phone-printer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My pc was rebooting randomly due to my asus mobo's anti-surge protection.
It would happen when I was browsing and playing csgo
I just turned the surge protection off am I fucked?

buy a surge protector, retard

Hey guys,. I was talking on the phone earlier and then at some point i couldn't hear what my friend on the other end was saying, but i could hear what he'd said previously ( ike it got recorded). Why do you think did this happen?

What did I order from dhgate?

Should I buy a macbook pro or a lenovo? Money isn't an issue and I'm really only going to be programming on it

Don't spend money on crap you have no use for.

I want a phone with a physical keyboard (not blackberry) on amazon uk

Is MSI H110M Pro-D fully compatible with i5 6600?

You'll have to time travel back to the early 2000's

Get Sony Ericsson K800i

lads I'm trying to download the video of my sister's graduation and it's giving me an M3U Audio Playlist file

the file defaults to opening in iTunes but then nothing happens

any idea?
this is what the file looks like

tried opening in VLC but it did nothing

Rooting HTC One M8 - Unlocked the bootloader/I've run fastboot over adb.

I want to spoof gps [spoiler]in poekmon go.[/spoiler]
Now what?

>not putting "stupid questions thread" in the title so new people know what it is

Can you do nothing right?

Will I be able to buy the 1060 on day 1 release? I've never bought hardware or first day releases, I'm scared of it being sold out...

I should have specified a QWERTY keyboard

Why not a BlackBerry? They're the best.

Is my HDD dying?

I have Win 10 on a SSD and pretty much everything else on a HDD
Yesterday I was using my PC and everything was normal, but when I went to open a Shadowplay video I recorded, MPC HC froze, but didn't crash and I couldn't close it. And the same thing started happening with all my other programs, except for my browser.
So I restarted, but it got stuck on the "restarting" screen for like 5 minutes, so I just shut it off manually.
Now every program except for my browser gets unresponsive and crashes after a couple of minutes (even Windows explorer.

I tried restarting a bunch of times, and updating Windows. (Still can't shut off or restart without manually holding down the power button) And suddenly my HDD wasn't showing up in explorer, but everything else ran smoothly.
I replugged my HDD and used another cable and now it shows up again, and most programs work, but deleting or moving files, even small files are slow as fuck, and unzipping shit makes 7zip crash.
The video file that kinda started all this is still corrupt and crashes every media player I've tried, but there's no way a video file I've recorded myself could break my drive like that, right?

Is there a for sure way to tell that it's because my HDD is dying?

Yes

all the data goes through their servers, kind of off putting

Are you moving bricks of heroin using your phone?

Would it be worth buying a gaymen laptop strictly for portable audio production?

I suffer from psychosis, paranoia and delusions I'm medicated now but I'm still pretty paranoid

I'm planning on changing my motherboard/CPU soon and I'm assuming I have to reinstall windows 10. However I don't have a product key and instead have "digital entitlement". How exactly does this work and will I still be able to reinstall windows?

Why are you on the internet?
Do you not know every browser sends data back to its server?
Such as autocorrect, recpatcha fingerprinting.

Why are you here?

It is a chip on your motherboard, that holds your key, you cannot remove it and you cannot retrive the key.

You're going to have to pirate it or go geniune

I wanna download every full-sized image content from the Imgur front page. That's about 50 images. I want to do it with wget. But the command I use is downloading the thumbnails and not the full-sized content. It's the recursive bit and the depth that I'm confused about. Can you correct this command for it to work?

wget -r --level=1 -A jpg -e robots=off example imgur.com/gallery

Like I said I'm a lot better, purchased the Alactel ONETOUCH 3000 for £15

>lets cater to newfags and crossboarders
genius.
dont forget more pointless posts about what the s in sqt should stand for

I installed debian with xfce on my x220 now I want to let xfce look comfy and nice. Numix? And this shit? Any tips, links or guides/tutorials? thanks Sup Forumsentles.

At least he actually put /sqt/ in this one

The whole point of this thread is to be a containment thread for the newfags and crossboarders that come here for tech support.

>cater to newfags and crossboarders

The point of this thread is to stop these cunts from shitting up the entire board with dumb questions.

Classic issue; pc wont boot
It was working perfectly this morning. What I did was
>replace PSU with older, supposedly working PSU
>replace GPU with older, supposedly working GPU
pc boots but no video output, no beeps
>put new GPU back in, still no video
>put new PSU back in, still no video
>replace CPU coolant, still no video
what the fuck did I do wrong?
I had a tough time getting out the CPU power pin when first taking out the PSU, but when I double checked there were no broken pins or anything
all devices power on through the mobo; mice lights come on, external HDD spins up
all fans spin up
no video output no matter what I do, no matter which GPU in in the PC

I'm starting to get mad

also forgot to mention, tried with two different cables on two different monitors. wont boot to nothing

Have you plugged the monitor cable into the motherboard ports instead of the graphics card ports?

Whenever I'm using to Windows Media Player to listen to my music, I always get this error message. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I'm running Windows 10, 64 bit.

I have a google account

When you access online links to google docs or spreadsheets that aren't yours, you will access it with your google account (if you logged in before). Isn't this dangerous? Despite technically being anonymous while seeing the doc, won't my account get exposed to someone else watching the doc at the same time?

no, it's an AMD FX machine. no on board video so I need a GPU to get video out at all
trying to reset the CMOS since that could be an issue but this motherboard is retarded as fuck and it's difficult to find the jumper/button on this thing

andddd reseting cmos did nothing
here's why I'm confused as shit right now
>the CPU is broken
there's no beeps when I startup, and speakers are plugged in and powered on
>the motherboard is broken
all devices and fans are powering on; only thing I can't test is CPU but there are no broken pins on the CPU itself or the power
>PSU is broken
no it's not, I replaced it with one I know is working
>GPU is broken
no its not, I replaced it with one I know is working

You might need to write a longer script instead of just using wget. the thumbnail image urls (and the pages they link to) give you the right identifier for the full size image file (like "nsNOuo6"), but not the file extension, which I think there are 6 or so possible file types they use.

maybe this is what you want.
github.com/Rapptz/Reddit-Imgur-Scraper
I dunno if it will pull front page posts but most of the stuff on the front page is garbage anyway. first thing I saw is an impact font meme animal face along with paragraphs of a made up story. is that really what you want, or do you want images from specific sections?

if you find a solution post it because it seems interesting

I have a question about python arrays and matrices
If I declare an array and try to change its values in a loop like so:
import numpy as np
x = np.empty(5)
index = 0
while index < len(x):
x[index] = foo
index += 1

I would expect to get an array of 5 foo but instead I just get the original empty generated array.

I would understand if this didn't work because of how arrays are structured, but if I try to do the same thing with matrices:
z = np.empty((3, 3))
i = 0
while i < z.shape[0]:
j = 0
while j < z.shape[1]:
z[i][j] = foo
j += 1
i += 1

Then I get a matrix full of foo with no issues
Why does this happen, and is there a way I can loop through an array and assign values at specific indices?

Its probably just a call routing fuck-up. It happens when cell network companies push their hardware when its congested or hot.

Does anyone know where I can download an OS X distro like Niresh's?

It appears to crash while accessing the media library. Go to the troubleshooting window, on the left menu click view all, and select the windows media player problems. It will try to fix it

it depends on the set permissions by the owner of the document.
>despite technically being anonymous
>won't my account get exposed to someone else watching the doc
I don't understand, you seem to contradict yourself here. I don't think anyone else viewing the page is receiving information about your account/identity whenever you see "anonymous aardvark, hippo" etc, in the corner. Google has that information, but not others connected.

when in doubt you can always just open links to those docs in a private browser window (unless you need to edit the docs) which will not send your cookies to google and you won't be logged in.

>Really silly question.
What's the best way to start learning programming?
(More specific. What softwere should I start with?)

Ok, update: seems there is this bizarre sticky shit on my mobo. Nothing spilled on it, that isn't even possible

Have you tried powering on with no cpu or ram to attempt to trigger a post alert to see if its the mobo?

Yeah I know that we are all anonymous to each other but the account info could still be transmitted somehow, at least to the owner of the document. Specially if you are able to edit the document. Probably it's just paranoia and I have nothing to back up what I'm saying, but it started bothering me seeing my account logged in while checking documents.

The private window is the safest way to check other people's documents, for sure.

Solder Flux

>motherboard
Are you using the same pci lane each time?
If so, use different ones
Your pci lanes could be fucked

wash with distilled water (not tap water) and a clean lint free cloth and rinse with a high % isopropyl alcohol or ethanol, >90% or preferably 99.9%

do it properly too, remove the mobo from the case and inspect for damage (especially under the heatsinks on the mobo) and other sources of gunk

the alcohol wash is because water is a solvent and will pick up and move about dust and shit that has deposited on the mobo, 70% isopropyl will be pushing your luck as the other 30% is water

Lower the DPI in appearance>fonts iirc
Add some workspaces
Get some wallpapers because xfce has a switcher
Maybe remove the whiskers menu

Download OS X from a hackintosh forum that shows up on Google

Pretty sure my gtx970 died today, but I thought I'd check to see if anyone has had the same problem and fixed it, before I RMA. Card has been fine for 18 months, suddenly today it stops outputting to the monitor while playing GTA. Rebooted and it happened again after 5 mins, tried again and it kept happening before I could get passed the windows log in screen. Managed to get past it a couple times and tried reinstalling nvidia drivers, as well as trying older drivers. They only way I managed to fix it was by switching to integrated graphics, or a different graphics card. Anyone got a solution or is card rip?

ITT: GQT Graphics Question Thread

If I go for a phone, which is the best in the ~400€ price range? I'm looking at phones like galaxy j7, a5 or s5.
Which one would be the best? Any other recommendations?

Is there any free alternative to the software PrecisionTree ?

How do I convert this table to wikitable? Note that, for instance, A8, A9 and B8 is supposedly one cell, or at least look like one cell, but B9 should be another cell.

I did try a different one. no dice
replacing the motherboard now. its the last thing i can test

I have some data stored in a tablet with broken screen and thus cannot be retrieved. The tablet is quite old and no repair shop nor the production company have extra screen in their inventory. If I buy a duplicate tablet of same model from second hand shop and ask a shop to exchange the two tablet's screen, will that work?

Guys, how do I computer?

1. What can user actually benefit when Mega tell its users download via client instead of browser
2. How to use Microsoft Office IME 2010 on Win8/10? Win8/10 come with higher version of same software so direct attempt to install Office IME 2010 onto those OSs would result in error, but the newer version preinstalled on the two OSs are missing some functionality. Seeanswers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-desktop/when-will-the-cantonese-input-method-be-available/9eb2d03c-e326-4eb6-9f72-c1320e32102bfor further detail.
3.My mobile operator banned VPN usage as they think using VPN enable tethering. How to browse Japan-only site via their network Without changing to other operators/plans [for cost reason]?
4.How to prevent sites/apps does not support my language setting zh-HK fall back to zh instead of zh-Hant? Especially on mobile Android devices where you can only pick one language as system language.
5.How to represent a document with a mixture of two different languages with IETF language tag (e.g. en-GB-Latn)? Note that the two language is snot used side by side, instead they are used in a fashion like "Watashi's favourite keitai manufacturer wa Apple desu."
6.When Win8's dwm.exe (desktop window manager?) killed itself due to lack of memory, and then using taskmgr > start new task > dwm.exe give no response, how to restart the process?
7.I heard that Symbian were once opensource half decades ago, why no one port that to other phones?
8.How do I keep multiple (3/+) IC cards in my wallet and prevent them from interfering each other while still allow them to work when I tap them onto individual card's reader?
9.How to post on Japanese sites like 2ch outside Japan without buying their pass? They block foreign IP and also vpn
10.Is there any tools that can allow mass upload of pictures in a folder onto a mediawiki-based wikifarm via interfaces provided by mediawiki? I don't have the right to access its database directly by FTP/etc.

11. For Nokia N1 tablet, it use USB type C connector but only support upto the speed that is equivalent to USB 2.0. Which pins have been actually wired in the tablet's socket?
12. As Apple are still releasing new source codes for Darwin OS, do they have any actual value nowadays?
13. I have a few Android 2.1-2.3 devices stuck in infinite boot loop, including LG E720 and Sharp 007sh, how to resolve the problem? I read that it's possible to use recovery but i can't seems to find a recovery for 007sh.
14. My mom's phone (Xiaomi Redmi original edition running Anddoid - MIUI) keep getting tons of force close without changing any setting beforehand. Local phone shop ppl said it is because of a virus and the only way to deal with it is to wipe the phone. Is there any method to stop those force close from happening and get the contact info out? They are neither stored on sim card nor synced to cloud. The current status of the phone make it impossible to access any menu in the phone.
15.How to enable dual access across different 3G mobile network on a dual sim android phone?
16.would it be possible for unicode to define a character like tab but with a fixed width and make others adopt it?
17.How do I run apps that are only compatible with Android 2.3 or below in Android 6.0?
18. How to play N-gage games without buying a N-gage nor old Nokia phone, given that no known N gage emulator exist.

>1. What can user actually benefit when Mega tell its users download via client instead of browser

the download is somewhat faster, and you don't have to deal with their horrendous local storage based browser download. but it's a persistent software and wants to be associated with an account.

luckily you can avoid their crap client and use any download manager you want with mega links.

Buy it your self and go to a repair shop with the 2nd device?

I just has this garage door sensor replaced after the last run rusted. I live right on the beach. Is there anything I can coat this in to prevent oxidation?

yes. Will those repair shops able to put the working screen from the second hand tablet onto my original tablet?

Any good downloader software on android?

What's a good, cheap 1080p monitor these days? Primarily for gay man.

kickstarter.com/projects/droprinter/droprinter-the-worlds-first-smart-phone-printer Is the thermal printer project a scam?

I have an FX-8300 with a Cryorig H7.
I'm going to overclock to at least 4.2 (the default turbo clock at 95w). How far should I try to push it?

Why do you think it is one?

Why do websites still default to 32bit downloads instead of 64bit? I was downloading VLC earlier and I was wondering why it would do that.

6-7
>kickstarter.com

I'm using ffmpeg on Windows
How can I convert a video to a gif file without ruining the quality?

You mean 4.6-4.7ghz?

it claim something is slightly off right before the expected shipping date and then they claim they are goig to redesign the entire thing to fix the problem with no further news in next three months. Also, no further reply via message.

And that just found out its creators are all Chinese people from mainland China.

Some programs still work better in 32 bit mode over 64 bit mode?

Yeah might be a scam, no real way of knowing and no way to hold them responsible. That's why kickstarter is shit.

Where'd the best place I can order a sata cable from? It only needs to be like 8-10 inches long.

Does gif file format support p-frame/b-frame?

you generally cant

monoprice

>good
>cheap
Make up your mind

Why is Dwight the header image for every /sqt/?

AMD a6-7000 chinkpad running ubuntu gnome, will AMDGPU-PRO work with the kaveri R4 in this thing?

QUESTION

How do people make those images that change when you click them?

Best way to root my Motorola Moto G (2nd Generation)

The way Sup Forums (doesn't) handle transparency in thumbnails and the moire effect

Can I enlarge Chromebook Pixel's storage volume?

Can you suggest an alternative?

webm

Which version of Microsoft Word is best to use, I want to "acquire" it since I have no document program.

Otherwise, what's a good freeware document program, Libre office doesn't feel good to use compared to good old word.

sd card

So I installed the latest stable version of KCP. Are these the best settings I can use for mad-vr? GPU isn't even over 20%.

SD or micro SD and how large can it support up to? Can I boot from SD card?

What's the best book for learning C++?

I´m gonna buy a 1080, with that in mind I have 2 options

3 * 24" 1080p monitors at 60hz
or
1 2560*1080p at 200hz"
Gonna be used mainly for titles like BF and Titanfall