Why aren't there any USB 2.0 flash drives that operate at USB 2.0 speeds?

Why aren't there any USB 2.0 flash drives that operate at USB 2.0 speeds?

I'd literally pay $50+ for a 64GB+ USB 2.0 flash drive that saturates the bus.

I dunno

I dunno

I dunno

Most of them do saturate the USB 2.0 connection. What kind of speeds did you expect? Are you confusing megabits and megabytes?

I dunno

Because then it wouldn't be 3.0

3.0 is 1.0 more than 2.0

I'm not, however I've never seen a non-usb 3.0 flash drive go over 8-12 megabytes per second.

I get 50+ on my 3.0 ones. Just think it would be nice to have that shit around, they clearly have the flash to actually do it. Strange since it's an untapped market.

Or a market that only I want to exist.

>8-12 megabytes per second
What the fuck? The cheap ones I use transfer data around 20-30 megabytes per second. You've got problems mate.

>tfw it's every drive on every system I've used

fuck me then

Kek, mine go up to 32 easily

Just 50+ with USB 3.0? WTF I get easily over 120

USB 3.0 drive in a USB 2.0 slot.

USB 2.0 has a maximum limit of 35MB. You can't get over that, even if you use a USB 3.0 device

480 mbps is faster than 35MB senpai

That makes more sense. 50MB is approaching the theoretical limit of USB 2.0.
The limit is 480Mb or 60MB but you'll never see that.

> Due to bus access constraints, the effective throughput of the High Speed signaling rate is limited to 280 Mbit/s or 35 MB/s

Unless you want to tell me you ever got higher than this.

>this thread represents the average Sup Forums user

I got somewhere about 40 MB/s with Zalman HDD 3.0 case connected to a USB 2.0 port.

proof or shit

Usually the OS misreports copy speed at the beginning, and becomes accurate only after some time, so you don't know the correct speed when copying small files. Try copying a 2GB file and check the speed at 1.5GB-2GB.