IT'S HAPPENING

NEW SKYPE ON LINUX. FULL VERSION, NOT WEB WRAP.

I'M DYING.

community.skype.com/t5/Linux/Skype-for-Linux-Alpha-and-calling-on-Chrome-amp-Chromebooks/td-p/4434299

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/skype.html
jonls.dk/redshift/,
pcworld.com/article/88464/article.html
gnu.org/software/hurd/hurd/status.html
mjesec.ffzg.hr/~dpavlin/stallman2006/free_software_movement_and_the_future_of_freedom_zagreb_09_march_2006.ogg
fsfeurope.org/documents/rms-fs-2006-03-09.en.html
redditblog.com/2010/07/rms-ama.html
weev.livejournal.com/409835.html
weev.livejournal.com/416532.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

EXTEND
EMBRACE
EXTINGUISH

stallman.org/skype.html

thanks mate, it works.

Because he is a retard, with no certifiable qualities
2007: Doctorate honoris causa from the Universidad de Los Angeles de Chimbote, in Peru
2007: Doctorate honoris causa from the University of Pavia
2008: Doctorate honoris causa from the Universidad Nacional de Trujillo, in Peru
2009: Doctor of Science honoris causa from Lakehead University in Canada
2011: Doctorate honoris causa from the Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, in Argentina
2012: Honorary professorship from the Universidad César Vallejo de Trujillo, in Peru
2012: Doctorate honoris causa from the Universidad Latinoamericana Cima de Tacna, in Peru
2012: Doctorate honoris causa from the Universidad José Faustino Sanchez Carrión, in Peru

Anyone have that big Windows blob assimilating the Ubuntu blob with its stomach?

flux is another thing that hasn't been updated for Linux in ages. Why don't you use redshift? If you set your location manually, it works perfectly.

Why HUEs like him so much?

With Skype? Are you literally retarded? You couldn't name a single thing that MS has ever done with EEE in the last 20 years.

same respond for every screenshot i send.
redshift doesn't work properly on my x201i. it only applies some kind of black gamma instead of red/yellow no matter how i alter the config file shared here jonls.dk/redshift/, flux on the other hand just works after i enter my loc:lat.

What the fuck is wrong with you. Who were your parents? How were you raised? Why are you such and awful piece of shit?

bunch of dirty commie favela monkeys.

>no certifiable qualities
Except the whole "created a whole goddamn OS" thing. Let me know when you've done something even close to that with your real degr--oh, you probably don't have one of those either.

Fucking shill.

>created a whole goddamn OS
hahaha, you're one of THOSE

Everyone remember to thank google. Without google, you would not have received a new version, you 2%er sub-humans.

300 rupees have been deposited to your account pajeet.

>THOSE
People with intelligence? Common sense? A grip on reality?

Help me out here.

stallman is not a philosophically pure person. he follows his ideals when convenient, and ignores them or slightly alters them when the conflict isn't worth it.

stallman is an egoist in denial, afraid of admitting that he just wants some fucking source code instead of a world where he has to rely on other people because he knows he wouldn't get it that way.

his system has some practical merits but his attempts at creating moral justifications are completely pathetic and nonsensical. how low do you have to be to have to make up bullshit "oughts" when you can just say "it would be fucking better"?

HURD just got sound support 2016!!!!!!!!
stallman admits HURD will never get anywhere and is a failure because of his philsophical mind set

>shill
And what degree do you have friend?
comptia A+?

gnu was one of MANY userlands avalible at the time, if it didnt exist, one of the other would have been used.

Stallman has NOTHING to his name in the past 30 years.

the guy couldn't even complete a fucking kernel

god i hate you unironic stallmanfags, Sup Forums was so much better when everyone made fun of him

BASED MICROSOFT

Pic related: that's all the people who care.

let's not forget that stallman is legitimately threatened by clang/llvm simply because we finally have a viable GCC alternative

he's that egotistic

>Linux-fags already happy about fricking Skype

Can someone explain me what is this Linux Alpha? Is it distro from MS?

fucking took them 34583498 years ffs

>viable
>slow as fuck
>can't compile shit
>API changes every microversion release
>nowhere near as portable
lmao butthurt

linux fags, please

28 posts in and there's not a single Discord shill, what the fuck is going on

HUEs are brazillians who speak portuguese. None of those institutions are HUE

is elsewhere.

Hue universities are dogshit (be in in spain or in brezil), so they send out honorary phd's to pretty much anybody to try to get their name out there (lol).

explain to me why he's so scared of it then

Won what? A pajeet's dick in his ass?

penny rose benny baby

What Discord autists don't get is that people outside their circle of gaming friends actually video chat too (and this new Skype will support it on Linux soon ).

oh and keep in mind he intentionally designed GCC like shit just because "muh proprietary frontends"

American universities are great, aren't they?

>take loan to study for 4 years and pay for the rest of your life
>entire SJW departments
>symbolic degrees outside of a few selected elite schools

>stallman admits HURD will never get anywhere and is a failure because of his philsophical mind set
When did he say that? I'm curious. All I remember him saying is that the Linux kernel came faster than HURD because it was still having trouble.

Skype is literally a surveillance tool now

pcworld.com/article/88464/article.html
gnu.org/software/hurd/hurd/status.html
mjesec.ffzg.hr/~dpavlin/stallman2006/free_software_movement_and_the_future_of_freedom_zagreb_09_march_2006.ogg
fsfeurope.org/documents/rms-fs-2006-03-09.en.html
redditblog.com/2010/07/rms-ama.html

>GCC
>shit
Keep in mind this compiler is recommended in countless books on programming and intro courses to compilers. It being free software means it's been ported and supported on almost every architecture out there.

People still use skype?

We've had Skype for a while. But it was x86 only and had a small chance of working correctly on every machine.

Keep in mind times change and software is made absoulete.
Keep in mind there are alternatives to gcc, that replicate it verbaitem, without stallman owning your product.

>it's free and ported everywhere xD
fuck off, broken record

i wish i could find the thread, but it was about AST, where he flat out ADMITS that they crippled GCC on purpose

>caring about skype now
holy fucking shit why?
the most bloated piece of shit on earth
you could literally just use web.skype.com and not have to deal with installing microsoft's resource hog and ad revenue adventure

>skype still uses people?
FTFY

Skype is the most used video chat program in the world, friendless autist.

(And support for video calls is coming to Linux soon, according to the announcement)

You live under a rock?
It's pretty heavily used.
It comes with windows now too which automatically makes it one of the most used communication apps by normies worldwide.

>2016
>Using Skype
Skype has been shit for years now. There are so many things wrong with it I don't even know where to begin.

- Terrible sound quality when compared to alternatives
- Ads, some of them being shifty af since my anti-virus constantly blocks them
- Riddled with hackers and scammers since 2 years now. They still haven't done shit about bots spamming friend requests to everyone.
- Bloated software with tons of useless features.

Ye Skype is literally worst communicator I've ever used and yet somehow they've managed to have complete monopoly in casual market.

Tell me how many friends are going to install some unknown software that is broken that only lets them talk to YOU.

None, I'm using myself cuz anything else is too complicated to my parents. Still for the "free as in freedom" board who defends shitty hardware like AMD you guys sure as fuck love to choke on Skype's dick.

t. microsoft employee.

I'm not a freetard, i despise them.
Skype has been here for over a decade, there is nothing you can do about it.
Its like bitching about a rusty rake in your asshole, instead of taking it out, you'd rather bitch about it instead.

>B.S Physics from Harvard
>M.Sc. Physics from MIT

Forgot a couple there, bucko

Show me anything he has used those degrees for.
Oh wait, he never used them.
He is a failure at life and mooching and piggybacks over others.

I ain't endorsing it, I'm just stating facts.
Literally everyone I know uses it, even my fucking tech illiterate parents use it, it's pretty much the internet phone to them.
None of them are gonna switch to something else.

>without stallman owning your product.
You can't own free software.

gcc, GNU and emacs. Let me know when you'll do something comparable to at least one of those.

yes, all of which he did about 30 years ago and hasn't done anything for in 20 years

these also do not constitute a fully functioning GNU Operating System™

and by the way, have you actually SEEN the code for these?

it's awful in every fucking way, i cringe a bit if i think there's even a slight bit of GNU software on my computer

Read this assholes bashing GNU and stallman.
weev.livejournal.com/409835.html

>taking weev seriously
you're only making yourself look dumber

whats nsa gonna do nigger watch me jerk off on Sup Forums?

>Peru
>Argentina
>HUE

Fucking muricas retards.

You know that he has crippling RSI because of the modern keyboards, right?
Don't start with the whole "that's because of emacs" shit - on the keyboards emacs was designed on Ctrl was on the place where the modern Alt is.
You can bet that I fucking did. I use emacs, and that's a fucking software marvel; Also, GNU tools are among the faster available. Don't know about gcc though, because fuck C.

the fastest*. fuck my keyboard, probably will give RSI to me too

>Disregarding it because weev typed it
That's called ad hominem asshole

>You know that he has crippling RSI because of the modern keyboards, right?
that's not a fucking excuse
>You can bet that I fucking did.
>because fuck C.
again, have you actually SEEN the code, then?
take a fucking look at GNU's true.c and keep in mind that all it's supposed to do is return 0, then compare it to literally any other implementation
yes i'll believe the sociopathic compulsive lying man who only lives to troll people and is also an edgy odinist

Weev is a successful troll that has done some very funny things, but you cannot disregard what he says because of it.

I can not send messages. Does anybody have the same Problem?

so you mean i should also start listening to justin bieber because he praises him with the same fervor that he praises stallman with on his livejournal?

weev did this to himself

I'm getting that too. Do all of your contacts and then yourself get show as offline after a little bit?

not seeing a problem with it. ~20 lines are comments, the other ones recognize the --help and the --version options, telling what the fuck does the function do. Seem like a couple of good practices here, - something that you probably have never seen in your entire life. Remember, one of the most important qualities of the code is its readability and documentation. It's made for humans to read, and only occasionally - for the computers, to be executed.
Now go back to your fizzbuzz, stud.

What does Justin Bieber have to do with stallman or weev?

Also, about the prison sentence weev had to go through, he was unfairly imprisoned by the jews. Weev did nothing malicious and they threw him in jail anyways, just for warning them about an exploit he discovered.

>GNUtards literally need a --help switch for true.c
lmao

but really, what i mean to say is if they can't even get true.c right, imagine all the other stuff

emacs is a mess of #ifdefs

inb4 you also justify the fact that it replaces false.c despite the name, which makes no fucking sense at all

are you gonna defend GNU info too?

weev.livejournal.com/416532.html
>jews
epik xD

and keep in mind that probably the only reason he was sentenced is because he made a comment on reddit where he flat out threatened that company, and they used that against him in court

but yeah keep sucking his dick

I'm not saying weev is a saint, but I am saying you're unfairly disregarding it because it's weev.

>SKYPE
botnet

True.c needed switches is in all likelihood a standardized thing. It would look funky with 99% of the programs having --help and --version and the rest not.

Uh, I'm pretty sure I've had "full" Skype on Linux for a while.

Also, what's up with OP's thumbnail picture?

>NOT WEB WRAP
except it is

It's works for me now.

Is it another Chromium + Coffeescript?

Also
>that's not an excuse
Do you even know what RSI is? You're almost unable to move your wrist without feeling pain. Write another 20 years of code, maybe you'll know more about it.
It's not about the GNUtards, it's about setting up a standard. Every function has a --help and --version, is well-documented - so even the fucking true.c that has to return 0 must respect those standards too. You've never seen a large application in your life, evidently.
>emacs is a mess of #ifdefs
it has a couple, but bear in mind the number of architecture/OS/other shit that program is compatible with. Reminder that emacs was written before you fuckers were even in your daddy's balls.
this guy gets it

>the shitty interface I declined to install on Windows only to have it forced on me is now coming to Linux with ads and replacing the already completely fine interface the Linux Skype had

wow...

Except the Linux Skype has been useless for a long time.

Literally the only thing it hasn't been able to do is video calls

I've never had issues with videocalls over skype with the linux client though?

Then I guess it does everything

Skype is a piece of shit.

Because people actually use it?

i guess so, it definitely looks like a webapp.
desu the old skype works have a much better interface. waste of space everywhere.

This is truly the start of the linux age, once linux gets MS Office, normies will start coming to linux by the droves.

Yeah, it's an Electron app.

>American software engineer
Triggered

This desu senpai

>WE"VE MADE A NEW SKYPE FOR LOONIX, IT"S TOTALLY NOT A WEBAPP!
>it's actually a webapp
>it's worse than ghetto skype

Fuck Microsoft honestly

Stallman is a pedophile enabler fyi...