Fucking windows 7 updates

does your windows 7 also hangs even for hours on searching for updates every month when they release new updates?

Other urls found in this thread:

decentsecurity.com/enterprise/#/windows-7-fast-update/
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3102810
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/949104
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3020369
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3161608
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

microsoft intentionally crippled windows update in 7 and 8.1 to get people to switch to 10. i bet you installed all recommended updates, didn't you

no. but the cunts really try their worst to sneak fucking 10 in.

Nope, cause I run ubuntu
[spoiler]but when I did have win7 I disabled Windows update in the registry[spoiler]

Happened to me weeks ago when i did install and gave laptop to my neice. it sat for hours. randomly did it though. hell windows 10 updates take forever too. one thing Imiss about linux

I did this

decentsecurity.com/enterprise/#/windows-7-fast-update/

And it just worked after that. I lost a couple of hours total on it though.

Only for this first handful of updates after a fresh install. Things are normal a few days after though, can easily vet each update now

didn't installed any recommended updates, just the important ones. i know the windows 10 notification and auto download/upgrade appear if you let him install the "recommended" ones.

It took over a day to find updates and another day to download them on a fresh window 7 install. I just wanted to play dawn of war again microsoft, please

I wouldn't know, I disabled updates and most of the Microsoft on it.

Install 7 SP1 then these 4 updates in this order

Installing and searching for updates is slow and high CPU usage occurs in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3102810

How to update the Windows Update Agent to the latest version
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/949104

April 2015 servicing stack update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3020369

June 2016 update rollup for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3161608

Restart after each

It's been broken for months. They don't care. Their new train of thought is "One Windows", so anything that's not 10 is basically already obselete. Even if they are releasing patches for it.

THIS

Thanks

Went to Windows 7 a while ago when I decided I didnt like Windows 10.
Took me 4 days to update it completely without trying anything.
Now I just use Windows 8.1 cus it sorts me out with my drivers and gives quicker updates.

thanks man.
the updates pissing about has been keeping me on W10.

this. Windows 7 will eventually settle down a bit on the updates. I found that when I installed apps from the windows update webpage (whatever it's called) they changed my update settings to include the recommended updates. I eventually reinstalled win7 and I won't be doing that again. On that note...

If your cpu supports virtualization then you can install something like mint or ubuntu and run win7 virtually.

I found I only use windows for a few applications but for browsing and file management it is unnecessary and actually horrible to run 'on the metal'.

I'll post more since I'm not going to hang around here and read a slew of blithering and mind numbing and quite possibly hostile pointless response.

I'm seeing most operating systems as a wrapper around the application you want to use. Currently I have 3 operating systems with apps on each one that I use and I'm using mint (since it's what I started with) to manage them all. Totally productive machine and system and quick and cheap. If I want to get on the web I don't have to wait for something to update. If I want to log into windows I can look something up while it's starting if it needs to update.

Haven't made any updates since I installed win7

Is win10 even worth getting for free? Spy shitposting aside, you can pretty much disable all the info gleaming from it right? I'm not really savy on having to pay over 100 dollars to migrate when m$ eventually pulls the support from win7.

>you can pretty much disable all the info gleaming from it right?
Nobody really knows for sure but probably not.
>not really savy on having to pay over 100 dollars to migrate when m$ eventually pulls the support from win7.
If you're gonna carry on using windows for a long time then you may as well upgrade. Better to be spied on for free than to pay for it.

I had this issue a few months ago when installing 7 in a VM to test something. It was stuck checking for updates for about 4 hours. I wondered if something was up with the bridge preventing it from getting through to the update server, but nope, MS was just being dumb. Furthermore it used like 40% vCPU just searching for updates IIRC.

download and install this one manually, search should only take a minute tops after: KB3161664

ignore all other advice in this thread, including:

You are not alone, OP. It hangs for me too.
In fact, I found this so annoying I actually went out of my way and created a fresh installation ISO and injected all relevant patches and updates into the file itself. Now when I have to format/reinstall I just pop in the patched ISO and install everything (including special hardware drivers) in a single go. There are lots of tutorials online on how to do this.

Fuck Windows update and fuck Windows 10.

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

Just use WSUS Offline Update. Takes a whole day of updating down to a few hours.

I already said this on a previous thread to a retard that had the same issue with microsoft gimping their own windows update to force people to migrate to win 10.

Download this update and move on with your life, it will fix the windows update (also do not install the updates that will try to shove win10 back in your machine).

KB3135445 is the name of the fix for win update. The 2 updates that try to shove win 10 I forgot but you can google that shit.

Will this stop spyware from being installed?

Yes. Just make sure you only install critical updates afterwards.