I just found out why Nvidia doesn't like Vulkan

>780ti worse than 7850
Nvidiots will defend this

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linux-4.8-DRM-Next-AMDGPU-1
tweaktown.com/news/52996/nvidia-culls-geforce-gtx-1060-3gb-arrive-1050-december/index.html
wccftech.com/amd-mantle-api-require-gcn-work-nvidia-graphic-cards/
dsogaming.com/news/nvidia-finally-officially-speaks-about-amds-mantle-will-not-support-it-no-real-benefit-using-it/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thats a benchmark using SMAA (no async compute). A benchmark using TSSAA would show MORE improvement on AMD side.

Just making sure people know it so they don't think this is the true potential of Vulkan.

rx480 is still worse than the 980 though.
Higher max framerate with same minimum? Disgusting.

>rx480 is still worse than the 980 though.
>worse

Only a die hard shill could be this retarded

>nvidia still at the top of the chart
POO IN THE GPU

Enjoy your stuttering when your framerate drops from 110 to 90 all of a sudden :')

>TFW you bought a 780ti

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

THIS IS THE LAST TIME NVIDIA

19% difference between Fury X and GTX 1080.

With no async compute.

Imagine the difference WITH async compute, if they did the test with TSSAA.

Protip, the situation would be reverse.

Wait for drivers you fucking retard.

>AMD developed API works better on AMD graphics cards

There aren't going to be drivers. Kepler is legacy.

>GTX 7XX
>Drivers

LOL NO

>rx480 is still worse than the 980 though.
105>110???

Stupid weaboo

I thought that line was only for AMD fanboys?

Kepler was abandoned by Nvidia for Maxwell, and soon you will see Maxwell abandoned for Pascal

does this mean I can wait a little longer?
7870 btw

Can confirm massive issues with Vulkan and my 780 Ti, I tried going to Argent Tower near the beginning I was seeing this for framerates:
OpenGL - 66-86 FPS
Vulkan - 50-64 FPS

And this is with the latest 368.69 driver.

Some Nvidia users are reporting stuttering or even straight up CTD under vulkan.

Stupid Nvidiot. There haven't been any improvements to the 700 series since The Witcher 3 came out, when their hand was forced due to it running like absolute shit and a shitstorm about gimping starting. They've done fuck all since then and never will again.

t. GTX 780 owner

>excellent open source AMD drivers on Linux with Vulkan support
Feels good man. Nvidia either has drivers where your kernel breaks everytime you update or boot animations don't work or your card burns.

Didn't play long enough with Vulkan to attest to that but Doom has been pretty damn crashy and buggy for me. 30 hours of play got my 5 CTDs, I had better luck with FO4. And sometimes when the game loads (new level or even just going back to a checkpoint) it would start playing at 6-10 FPS for no reason until I quit and restarted.

I have had quite a bit of fun playing overall but stability has been shit.

>he still thinks Linux will ever be relevant in gaming
lol
Devs don't even make OSX games anymore, and OSX is much bigger than Linux.

Nice try AMD shill, but your post just screams pajeet.

I find it amusing AMD fags think this is true :^)

I don't really care what's relevant or not relevant. Linux does my work and does it well. ZFS/Btrfs, LXC, KVM VMs, package manager, VNC, excellent network management with bonds, VLANs and OpenVPN/PPTP inbuilt is critical for me. If it means I can play games as well it's a huge bonus. I don't really care about a few FPS difference. If it works well, may as well spend more for a better card. Also you seem to discount the potential Steam OS and Steam inhouse streaming has.

But it is. I have actually tried running a GTX 650 on Linux. I gotta admit Nvidia worked well in my HTPC running OpenELEC.
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linux-4.8-DRM-Next-AMDGPU-1

I like where they're going with AMDGPU, but they're still behind in performance. I can confirm on kernel upgrades with proprietary drivers. The update from 4.5 to 4.6 forced me to reinstall drivers. I hope Vega gets the Polaris treatment in Linux drivers so I can switch whenever 4.8 with freesync comes out.

>but they're still behind in performance
True. Hopefully should improve. Power management, HDMI audio, audio passthrough, video encoding with GPU, video decoding with GPU, updating any component on the system all work without hitches for me. Right now making sure things work and latest OpenGL/Vulkan standards compliance is much more important then performance for AMD on Linux.

a-sync drivers will fix it

Aww. How cute. Yet you can't prove that Kepler didn't get gimped so you start spewing insults.

>N/v/idia ignores low level APIs despite their promise on consoles
>AMD tries to push it and ultimately ends up making their own API and offering N/v/idia a chance to take part in it's development (which they naturally decline)
>Somehow surprising that the company that spent years and shitloads of money on low end API development gets their foot in between the door really well with low level APIs

Does this mean vulkan wont see mass adoption?

>Vulkan
>AMD developed

It's funny because even though Mantle is the foundation for Vulkan, the Khronos CEO couldn't distance himself farther from AMD if he tried in all of the shit he's ever said to the tech press. He'd always downplay the connection so they wouldn't alienate Nvidia. It's actually quite hilarious how terrible Nvidia's arch is for the future. It's like Nvidia is actually surprised Vulkan became a working thing.

My 970 still runs games on ultra/60fps/2560x1080 but no performance gain from DX12 and Vulcan means it's on its last dying breath before I'll have to start sacrificing details while something like 480 should be fine for years. What's weird to me is that 480rx doesn't get such a massive boost when compared to older amd cards which really makes me think it's literally another, 3rd now, refurbish of 7xxx cards.

Do you use AMDGPU Pro? This one has extra goodies like better openGL and Vulkan.

780ti user.
I can confirm gimping.

We believe you :^)

I do, user.

>which really makes me think it's literally another, 3rd now, refurbish of 7xxx cards
That makes zero sense. You said yourself it isn't boosted as much (relatively speaking) by Vulkan compared to older GCN GPUs. It behave differently than older GCN because older GCN was that much worse for DX11 while still being damn powerful when utilized properly.

I imagine it will be available as an alternative, but there's nothing Nvidia can do.

Nigga Polaris is new. Tahiti has been GOAT, I wish I never bought that 670 and waited for the 7950 to come back to stock.

I don't have a Polaris card, just a GCN 1.0 card, which should be getting AMDGPU PRO support SOON(tm).

Remember when Nvidia said to wait for asnyc compute drivers for Maxwell beginning of this year? Nothing yet. Nvidiots will keep waiting

100% believe you

How it doesn't make sense? They've upgraded and improved each alteration while dropping price. Differences between 290/390/480 are minimal in Vulcan because hardware wise those cards are very similar.

Nice photoshop kid, you're a real pro

sadly i don't think reversing a speccy will get you accurate results

>he bought a 780 TI

Jesus that thing was so expensive, what a waste.

>970 still below 290

Never buying Nvidia again.

Also where's the Vulkan graph showing the Fury X at 160+?

>those fonts
turn on subpixel hinting in "adjust the appearance and performance of Windows", smooth edges of screen fonts

>hardware wise those cards are very similar
The 290 and 390 are literally the same GPU, so yeah they are similar as you are well aware. The 480 just looks like a GPU that was made by the same company using some of the same principals. The 480's Polaris uses almost half the power of Hawaii to get similar results.

>tfw original titans in sli

it's like being born with a huge cock only to become impotent by your 13th birthday.

The rumor about 1060 3GB will sold for $149 started to sound believable now.

Who knows, maybe AMD will drop the price of 470/460 cards.

>offering N/v/idia a chance to take part in it's development

Source?

The only thing I find on this matter is Nvidia not wanting to support it, nothing about any sort of offer to be part of development.

>Original Titans

I'll trade you a 7970 for them, m8. :)

what drivers is he talking about? i thought nvidia didn't support async or does that preemption thing count as some sort of async?

tweaktown.com/news/52996/nvidia-culls-geforce-gtx-1060-3gb-arrive-1050-december/index.html

if they're turning the 1060 straight on into a 1050, just with less vram, that means that AMD's line got them by surprise.

I don't know the 1060 gonna perform, but I'm already anticipating the greatest shillfest of our time.

wccftech.com/amd-mantle-api-require-gcn-work-nvidia-graphic-cards/

dsogaming.com/news/nvidia-finally-officially-speaks-about-amds-mantle-will-not-support-it-no-real-benefit-using-it/

going to avoid Sup Forums on 1060 launch week

so with vulkan (let alone with async), a 480 really is 980 performance

so a 470 will be 970?
>tfw nvidia 970 3.5gb memers get beat by a $150 single fan qt card
>tfw a 960 gets beat by a $100 passively cooled PCI powered card

I remember Sup Forums said that Directx 12 will kill Mantle back then.
Turn out we got played like a fiddle by AMD.

Mam, the RX460 will be cute as fuck. I don't think it'll be passively cooled, but it won't have PCIe

>make Mantle
>new APIs take from it
>everyone's faces when AMD doesn't even have to write drivers now

Soon™ ;^)

This is why I'm scared to buy a 1070. I want to be fucking set for 1080p gaming for a good while dammit why can't they just not gimp their goddamn cards. Is there any chance that they won't be gimping Pascal?

They don't gimp though, that's just a silly Sup Forums meme.

>Vulkan and DX12 start to take off in 2016
>AMD only has a new midrange card out with their only flagships being left over 28nm housefires limited to 4GB HBM1

Man, Vega can't come soon enough. Talk about JUST.

They do. r9 290x was made to compete with 780ti, now the r9 290x is competing with 980.
Kepler cards were gimped by tessellation in The Witcher 3, Maxwell ran the game fine. Meanwhile AMD r9 200 and 7970 faggots only had to turn down tessellation to match Maxwell perf.

do I even have to say it

AMD drivers are shit, that's why they "age better", with nvidia you're getting pretty close to max performance from your hardware on day 1. That's why they don't age as well.

This is true. It depends on what you want when making a purchase. If you value upside, you'll go with AMD. If you just want the best right now, then you'll go Nvidia.

Finally, someone who's not a retard made a post ITT

max performance in day 1 doesn't warrant making the card outdated when the next arch rolls in

I wouldn't touch the 1070. The Pascal architecture doesn't seem to be at all worthwhile for Vulkan or DX12, so I have a feeling these nice DX11 figures from the 1070 are going to be short lived. It might be good for a couple years at best, but I don't think the 1070 will last at all. Also a 256-bit bus is just pathetic for the price imo.

They don't though

Yeah it's all about bus size and not memory bandwidth at all.

4096 bit fury x really destroyed the 384 bit 980 ti so so so hard!

So what the fuck do I buy, a 1070 or a 480?

rx 480 h-here I come
Honestly I can't fucking wait to upgrade my shitty 7870, anyone got dates on the aftermarket editions?

They do, RIP Titan cards when compared to 980ti

Pascal feels like a stop gap while they work on Volta.

Why would anyone wasted their money 1070 or yet alone a 1080 for god sake? Its still using GDDR.
Unless you are one of that retarded people who thinks "I need to max my FPS on my 4k MASTURD RACE PC GAMING monitor" then go for it.

I even doubt it will hold for less than a year.

Please do some research before buying and don't blindly trust anonymous people on Sup Forums

you want to play games now, feel like a cuck later? 1070
only ref 480s are out, so if you have to buy immediately, buy a 1070, aftermarket 480 is probably going to be end of month

It's like you haven't read anything in this thread before choosing a random post and replying

Do you not understand the nervous >h-here
stutter there? Too much of an autist?

Waiting for HBM2 is suffering.

>780ti above a 970
what the fuck is this supposed to be

Are you autistic?

only retards use passmark

>280X better than 380X
780Tis are reall shitty nowadays, such power left unused.
>MFW I actually use a 780Ti right now
>Cannot really play some newer games like Witcher because they're gimped

I wonder how the retards that bought titans are feeling right now

are you retarded?

It's beginning to age like fine wine, especially with Vulkan. I don't really see your point lad.

Does anyone in Sup Forums actually owned a Titan?

I don't remember anyone ever posted one.

Maybe if you tried updating drivers, or not lying on the internet?

I have a gtx680 and it still runs everything fine, just as I'd expect from a 4 year old GPU.