/spg/ - smartphone general

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
>Samsung sends press invitations for August 2, Galaxy Note Unpacked event
gsmarena.com/samsung_sends_press_invitations_for_august_2_galaxy_note_unpacked_event-news-19363.php

>Samsung Galaxy Note7 will be waterproof, yet another live image surfaces
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note7_will_be_waterproof_another_live_image_surfaces-news-19354.php

>ASUS announces flagship ZenFone 3 Deluxe variant with Snapdragon 821
gsmarena.com/asus_announces_flagship_zenfone_3_deluxe_variant_with_snapdragon_821-news-19345.php

>Moto G4 and G4 Plus are now available in the US Moto Maker website with a plethora of customization options
phonearena.com/news/Moto-G4-and-G4-Plus-are-now-available-in-the-US-Moto-Maker-website-with-a-plethora-of-customization-options_id83136

>Pepsi P1S Available For Pre-Sale From Gearbest As Well, Priced At $89.99
gizmochina.com/2016/07/13/pepsi-p1s-available-pre-sale-98-99-gearbest/

>Rumour: Xiaomi Mi Flagship Coming In August With Same Camera Sensor As the Galaxy S7
gizmochina.com/2016/07/13/xiaomi-release-new-flagship-device-august/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/iphone_7_might_have_1960_mah_battery_14_bigger_than_iphone_6s-news-19381.php
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_note_2_pro_to_boast_6gb_of_ram_snapdragon_821_3700_mah_battery-news-19380.php
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_7_spotted_online_again_this_time_its_working-news-19379.php
gsmarena.com/zte_axon_7_is_now_on_preorder_in_the_us_yours_for_39998-news-19378.php
gsmarena.com/lg_g5_getting_an_ota_update_june_security_patch_included-news-19375.php
gizchina.com/2016/07/13/xiaomi-pro-phone-specs-reveal-sd-821-imx260-and-3700mah-battery/
gizchina.com/2016/07/13/that-dual-camera-redmi-is-set-to-have-10-core-chip-and-4gb-ram/
amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-Unlocked-Cellphone/dp/B00OEK6TWU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>no maki
Thanks for making a good thread.

all phones are shit and a waste of money.

Which of these would be the best in the ~400$ price range. Samsung A5, S5 or J7?
Or any other samsung phone?
pls respond

Which phone has the objectively better camera, iPhone 6S or S7?

Why Samsung?

rmn3p outpecs all of them and has better battery life?

S7, also has AMOLED screen which is beautiful

Anyone here bought Amazon Moto G4? Does the regular root method works?

that LITERALLY has nothing to do with the camera

S7 hands down

Are there any good 4" phones in quality and price similar to the xiaomi redmi line?

rmn3p?
Samsung because I like samsung. What's a good phone in the 400$ price range then?

look at all that amazing design

No but it'll make the pictures look nicer after you take them

does TF card == microSD?

No because no one uses 4" dwarf phones.

but I am not a spastic cunt that spends 3 hours OST browsing and playing
I dont need large phone

IPHONE 6S OR GALAXY S7?????

How does /spg/ feel about the Huawei Honor 5x? Was thinking about getting this, especially with the new marshmallow update.

stfu

Yes but this usually means it's a SDHC microsd slot so cards must be formatted in FAT32 to work. Good news is this means 128 and 256GB microsd cards will work so long as they are formatted in FAT32. And yes, you can format them in FAT32.

I'm getting a S6 Edge. I'm thinking of just getting a skin and maybe a leather case and skipping the screen protector entirely.

I've heard that argument cases just ruin the design of the phone and that skins are the better buy. And with screen protectors I hear that all of them are shit and break easily.

Thoughts on cases and screen protectors?

Why not S7 edge?

I'm receiving it as a gift bruv

yeah dude click the link below and get a d-brand skin and use my promo code

At least update the news m8.

>iPhone 7 might have 1,960 mAh battery, 14% bigger than iPhone 6s
gsmarena.com/iphone_7_might_have_1960_mah_battery_14_bigger_than_iphone_6s-news-19381.php

>Xiaomi Mi Note 2 Pro to boast 6GB of RAM, Snapdragon 821, 3,700 mAh battery
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_note_2_pro_to_boast_6gb_of_ram_snapdragon_821_3700_mah_battery-news-19380.php

>Samsung Galaxy Note7 spotted online again, this time it's working
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_7_spotted_online_again_this_time_its_working-news-19379.php

>ZTE Axon 7 is now on pre-order in the US, yours for $399.98
gsmarena.com/zte_axon_7_is_now_on_preorder_in_the_us_yours_for_39998-news-19378.php

>LG G5 gets an update, June security patch included
gsmarena.com/lg_g5_getting_an_ota_update_june_security_patch_included-news-19375.php

You can get OP3 or Axon 7 for $400. wtf?

Nexus 6 or LG G4? I'm aware of the bootloop issue and the fact that the Nexus 6 has no removable storage or battery.

J7 (2016)

>1,960 mAh battery
what

If it has to be Samsung, I'd go for the Note 3 or Note 4 no question about it.

>14% bigger

So is the axon 7 really bad as everyone says? The reviews are disappointing. What other phone around the price or lower is worth looking at now?

Wait for the k6000 premium

whats so bad about the axon it seems like a oneplus 3 with the problems people disliked fixed?

Whys the Axon shit though? And why have faith in Oukitel Quality?

Screen accuracy and contrast had a lot to do with camera imagery

Yet another reason to purchase the new Apple iPhone 7.

Axon 7 has problems that the OP3 doesn't have and vice versa. The the good of both devices, slap a 4000mAh battery into it and you'll have the perfect phone for 400.

>
>Axon 7 has problems

Such as?

what are the problems other than the battery?

What stops you from replacing a battery from one brand, with one from another brand, if it's the same type?

I'm happy I finally found my perfect phone. I learned that having long battery life is better than dumb gimmicks like 1440p screens. After installing cynagenmod it's literally perfect.

>Literally

ZUK Z2 Pro, perfect phone?

Apart from NFC though

Performance is bad compared to other SD820 devices and i think it was the camera that killed it, not sure though. There have been news posted here some time ago.

OP3 or Axon? If axon see above, if OP3 read the thread, tl;dr: pentile display, shit audio, fucked up software (doze), etc.

Will be mine, too, soon, at least i hope so, haven't ordered, yet, but, want to. Gibsmedat nao.

>carrier
Vodafone

>features
I don't know, screen size doesn't matter, good battery life, I guess, I am gonna use it for browsing the Internet sometimes and maybe a few games.

>budget
About 200-250€.

Repost time
Any anons have any experience with the Huawei Honor 5x, or any other Huawei phones? Thinking about picking this up for my birthday--yes I am a poorfag

Pic unrelated, it's there purely to help get your attention

axon friend we all know the the oneplus is a let down

dont have any personal experience with a huawei phone but a friend of mine had a really cheap one and the build quality was pretty nice(wasnt expecting), the android skin is pretty ugly but smooth and the camera is pretty shit

>ZUK Z2 Pro, perfect phone?

No SD slot.

What the fuck do you use Nfc for anyway

Because hammertime and big batteries

Rn3p if you don't mind not full lte coverage

Redmi note 3 pro which about all in is 200-215€ including shipping and VAT. Got mine the other week and it isn't a meme, its fucking excellent. Works with all Vodafone bands also

News on Xiaomi chinkshit, i'll just leave it here

Mi Note? Mi Pro?
gizchina.com/2016/07/13/xiaomi-pro-phone-specs-reveal-sd-821-imx260-and-3700mah-battery/
>Xiaomi ‘Pro’ phone specs reveal SD 821, IMX260 and 3700mAh battery
>3 versions of the phone.
>A base model with powerful specs and more ‘traditional’ design
>a mid ranger with dual cameras
>a ‘Pro’ model with curved display. CURVED FUCKING MEME DISPLAY WHYYY
>5.5-inch FHD OLED display 96% AdobeRGB
>Snapdragon 821 chipset
>between 4-6GB RAM 64-128GB internal memory
>3700mAh battery and front facing fingerprint scanner.
>12 mega-pixel Sony IMX260 sensor with 4 axis OIS

Redmi Note 4
gizchina.com/2016/07/13/that-dual-camera-redmi-is-set-to-have-10-core-chip-and-4gb-ram/
>That dual camera Redmi is set to have 10 core chip and 4GB RAM
Meaning there probably will be 1 dual and 1 single cam version
>4GB RAM and 128GB internal memory. Helio X25 chipset
128GB could mean much higher price and no SD slot.
>Android 6.0 OS and fast 5V/2A charging.

BUT WILL IT WORK IN THE U.S THE FUCKING CHINKS

You should've jumped on the prime day deal yesterday m8.

It's probably the best budget phone available considering its battery life and build quality, though it's somewhat restrictive in bands of LTE and there's no gyroscope for the AR features of Pokemon Go if you give a shit about that

Do MTK devices generally speaking work? I could imagine it working in EU and USA since they dont need to pay licence fees for band 20 to qualcomm

Frick, is that a really big deal? Will it make it impossible to play?

Well it only comes in 64GB and 128GB versions anyway

Payments? At least in my country

It's still perfectly playable, you just won't get the pokemon in the camera view where you manually look for it, it'll appear upon an animated background

>Well it only comes in 64GB and 128GB versions anyway
That still blows, we already have 256GB msd cards and 512GB ones are on their way.

Tomorrow I am going to go to one of those kiosks in the mall and ask to buy a phone.

What should I be aware of/look out for?
I know nothing about phones and have never owned one.

Please don't. They will fuck you up the ass with prices. Shop on Amazon instead.

Price range?

Country?

Just buy the redmi note 3 pro Prime from aliexpress.

>chinkshit

New ZTE looks sweet as fuck.

I need a phone asap so I can get a job.
Price range is ~$250 but flexible.
Canadian.

Unlocked Note 3 is your best bet then. Just $50 more but definitely worth it imho, especially since it has a removable battery which you can upgrade later on.

amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-Unlocked-Cellphone/dp/B00OEK6TWU

Unfortunately that is going to be $400+ of my depreciated canuck dollars.

I checked out some videos--looks like it's not that big a deal. If anything, makes it look like it might be easier to actually play.

need a phone for pokemon go+social media. I'm not a rich man, I'll use the phone for at least 3 years. please suggest me something, the cheaper the better.
budget is ~$200

I've been looking around for a decent mid-range phone. So far, the best that has been in my price range is the Samsung Galaxy J5 or the Meizu m3. I just need 16 GiB internal storage and solid WLAN/cellular connectivity. What other phones should I look at?

Unlocked note 3 like posted especially if you want to play that meme game that requires a gyroscope and if you want the phone to last you for at least 3 years.

Hey that's funny, we were just talking about this. You might look into the Huawei honor 5x--downside is no gyroscope and thus no AR mode, but otherwise a pretty good budget phone.

>he wants to play Pokemon:Ultimate Botnet Edition

Not one gives a fuck you sperg. Windblows is a botnet and that didn't stop it from gaining over 70% marketshare.

I got a nexus, and while i hate the usual bloatware from phones, damn, nexus is barebones.

I dont even have a proper image galery app. If i need to see a whatsapp pic, i need to access whatsapp, if i need to see a camera pic, i need to open the camera first, if i need to see a downloaded pic, i need to access the download app...

Whats apps are recomemded for galery vieweing and general file and folder browsing?

>70% marketshare means it's not shit

Go back to your containment thread.

Quickpic and TotalCommander/ES file explorer

go back to plebbit.com/r/pokemongo

Bought a New Moto E second Gen about a week ago. Replaced my combo of a fourth gen iPod Nano, Blackberry Bold 9900, and First Gen Nexus 7. Over all it was a pretty decent upgrade. All I use it for are taking pictures, texting, calling, playing music, Waze, and some web browsing. However I've been wondering if the extra $60 or so for the Moto G would have been worth it in the long run. a flash and extra half inch of screen would have been nice since I'm usually taking pictures in low light, and it feels JUST a little small in my hands. Has anyone else gone from a Moto E to a Moto G? How was it?

Here's a picture I recently took with it.

Best phone for 200-300€? Upgrading from 1st gen moto G. Should I keep with the line and get the newest Moto G/Moto X?

You seem to know that place well. Maybe you should go back there and never come back here.

Xiaomi redmi note 3 pro Prime

>supports PoGo
>supports Windows

you seem to be the one who's lost friendo

where is the best place to buy one of those online?
ali?

Can you please go back to /csg/ and never come back here every again?

>pokemongo
thanks, that's the perfect insult

>>supports PoGo
I don't

>>supports Windows
I don't

Do you even know who you're talking to you massive retard?

Is there anything here that gives away this iPhone is fake?
The charger looks pretty cheap compared to the charger included with my iPad Air 2, but everything else looks legit

url doesn't work

no why don't you sign in with your rebbit gold account

The fact that it's running Android?

Yep.
Cheapest seller will be fine. I got the redmi 3 pro instead of the note and it's great. Battery life is mindblowing, coming from a nexus 5

Can you please find a better deal then?

Motorola RAZR v3

> Can tell the phone is running android even though it's face down and the screen can't be seen
Show me your secrets senpai

dude there is no such thing as the iphone 7S

I got the honor 7 its pretty cash

a part from all the data it sends home to china ofc.