/sqt/

You boys know the drill.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcityourself.com/
logicalincrements.com/
pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2485251,00.asp
pastebin.com/raw/4StmuPys
autohotkey.com/board/topic/94165-simple-volume-osd/
howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/
www,
gigabytedaily.blogspot.com/2015/09/having-trouble-installing-windows-7-by.html
microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
howtogeek.com/255540/the-last-windows-7-iso-youll-ever-need-how-to-slipstream-the-convenience-rollup/
amazon.com/gp/product/B00BSKY1M4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Last thread died before I could get an answer but do im looking for opinions on whether the "go=OpenGL-hq" option is worth it for mpv considering the significantly increased power draw it has on my laptop.

What's a recommended image viewer?

I bought a laptop but I don't know what all the keys do, and I couldn't find anything on the internet that told me. Where would I find something like that?

Iam using debian 8 on ym x220. WLAN is not working as standard after debian installation. I have to install some driver from a repo? Is it right to install the iwlwifi?

Can't go wrong with Irfanview if you're on Windows. A bit old at this point but still very powerful.

The manual.

Looking up the manual for your specific make and model of laptop is probably the best bet.

I'm running an unofficial build of CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1) on my HTC Jewel and the "mobile data" button in the Notification Drawer's Quick Settings doesn't actually toggle the mobile data on and off. It just takes me to the mobile data stats page. This is pretty annoying, since now I have to go to Settings > Mobile Data > toggle to toggle my mobile data on and off. I've read that this was a change from Android 4.4 to Android 5.0 and up. It's really bothersome and I'd like to find a way to make this button work again.

Unfortunately I can't use the "Custom Quick Settings" app and other standard workarounds because my phone is not rooted. It used to be, but I had to un-root for a few mobile games that I play because they detect root and won't allow you to play if it's detected. RootCloak 2 and similar root hiding techniques did not help. I'd prefer not to re-root my phone since I would lose access to these games.

I don't suppose making a few edits to the OS I'm running and then compiling it myself would be a viable option? I've never edited nor compiled an Android OS before, but I'm no stranger to coding.

I'd appreciate any insight on how to make this button function as an actual toggle for the mobile data again.

What's a good manual to help me learn and use as a reference for Swift?

It was refurbished so I didn't get one, but I'll look it up. Thanks!

What's a good terminal based music player to use on OS X? I was using Cmus but now it has a perpetual error 140 due to a lack of compatibility updates on The Carbon Component Manager. Either a fix or a new player that's even better would be appreciated.

I have multiple drives. If Debian is on drive 1, and Windows 7 is on drive 3, is it safe to install another copy of Windows 7 on drive 2, or is it gonna go full retard with the GRUB and the MBR?

I got a copyright notice from comcast for pirating a show

Protocol decryption was disabled in my client for some reason, so I enabled that
Will that stop them from tracking what I'm downloading? If not, what else should I do?

I know it's just an empty scare tactic but I'd rather not risk getting more strikes

Looking for a new pointing device since I hate the ergonomics of my current mouse. It has a \____| cross-section to it rather than a \____/ cross-section that I would prefer so it doesn't slip out of my hands, not to mention that it's back-heavy. I'm considering a Mionix Avior 7000, but I'm also considering a Wacom Intuos Art Pen and Touch since pen input is comfy. Gaming isn't a priority, but I would like remappable buttons and tight responsiveness. Has to work on Debian.

Do you mean protocol encryption?

I really depends on how advanced their systems are and how strong your encryption is. It can stop some basic forms of deep packet inspection but I would't count on it since they also probably use some sort of meta-analysis to determine if you're pirating also.

where do I input the poptart into my driver

Python GUI framework that doenst suck or is not qt?

What's the best website for explaining building a PC as if I were a five year old?

I'm confident enough in the building, but I have no fucking idea what I should be looking for in a graphics card.

On Windows 7, can I track all the files that are being created on my hard drive, and which files are creating them? I want to be able to COMPLETELY remove a program after I install it, even if I need to hunt each file down manually, rather than deal with all the bloat that Windows is notorious for.
pcityourself.com/ and logicalincrements.com/

Pretty decent article. Explains how to pick what to purchase and how to put it all together. Make sure you do research elsewhere also though. There's more to hardware than just pure specs.

pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2485251,00.asp

Thank you so much.

Really the only big points where you can choose flat out WRONGLY for a normal build is just making sure you have a big enough power supply, making sure that power supply has the appropriate cables for your motherboard and video card, and that your CPU and motherboard use the same CPU socket. Motherboards are going to need 20 or 24 pin connectors, with an additional 4 or 8 for the CPU, and video cards will use 0, 1, or 2 connectors with 6 or 8 pins each. Past that, just don't do something stupid like buy a heat-sink that needs 200mm of clearance in a case that offers 160mm, or an eATX form-factor motherboard and a micro-ATX case.

anyone shopped at ikea by themselves? hows getting a heavy object by yourself to the car work out?

I have an Nvidia driver issue. The GPU crashes on me. It is GTX750 2GB, I did the delay thing, but that gives me a blue screen. How should I configure MSI Afterburner for this? On dxdiag it says Approx. Total Memory of 4041 MB though. Seems like a driver issue because this problem has been going through multiple Windows installations. I searched around on Google but not much has helped me.

Is it impossible to disable all updates on Windows 10 Professional?

I've been considering it, and I've heard conflicting things. Some say yes you can disable them, some say you will be forced to download after some time.

using "search" in windows file explorer causes it to crash soonafter
I'm on windows 8, and although I can find other people with the same issue on google I can't find any solutions
Anyone have an idea what the problem is or how to fix?

Maybe? I've heard that setting your network as a metered one in your network connections works, but I wouldn't trust anything short of an external firewall.

Why don't browser vendors add a different parser on the frontend of their javascript engines to allow another less bad language to take over?

encryption, yeah

i only enabled the default encryption in utorrent, should i get a VPN?
i've never been contacted from an ISP about this stuff before now so I'm a bit paranoid

Further advice is to never skimp on a power supply. I don't mean with the wattage or amperage on your +12vs since with those you get what you need plus a little wiggle room but rather never buy some unknown brand, poorly made, super cheap unit . You run the risk of getting a faulty unit that can seriously kill everything in your machine because it randomly spiked its power output by an insane amount. A lot of times with these it's not even something you realize until its too late because rather than it killing your components immediately it's slowly degrading them through excessive output.

Seen quite a few friends build great rigs but skimp on the PSU only to have, sometime down the line, the unit burn out in the best case scenario and fry the mobo, HDD, etc with it in worst.

I'm trying to extract sound file from a page.

Can't find anything decent.
Any help?

pastebin.com/raw/4StmuPys

nwm got it sorted

everytime i install a program.

I double click the program to launch it, but nothing ever happens. The icon is a wine symbol for some reason, but it is using the program "run software"

What's the best hearing aid-compatible phone both in terms of price and transmission quality?

Any input on this one? I know I could side by side comparisons but I'd prefer to get opinions since I'm sure it depends on the video quality, resolution, bitrate, etc as well.

I passworded my Windows 10 admin account and made a limited user account for daily use.
Then I logged out as the admin account.

Can a hacker still compromise my system without knowing the administrator password? What ways could it be done?

So i'm logged in on the root shell in Ubuntu and as illustrated in pic related i want to be able to switch from folder 3 to folder 7 right away, but whenever i type in this command here;

cd basefolder/folder6/folder7

I just get the following error message in return every time no matter what:

>File or directory not found

Just what exactly am i doing wrong here? Is the syntax wrong or something? Tried a couple others aswell but those didn't work either

And yes i've never really used a linux shell before so be gentle on me pls

Would it be a stupid idea to buy a 1080 at this current moment in time?

I'm not usually the tinfoil hat kind but I'm suspicious about certain activity on my phone.

At night I put my phone nearby and sometimes I notice the camera flash blinking once randomly. What can I do to see if there's any suspicious activity in my phone?

It's looking for a folder named "folder7" in "folder6", I'm guessing you'd have to exit folder6 and then go to folder7. My only experience doing this sort of thing was backing up my files when I accidentally removed my DE, so I can't speak with a ton of experience.

how can I fast forward or skip mandatory videos, where I need to watch through them to get to the next one?

Is there a way to boot from one of the PCI slots on a Dell Optiplex 390? It has BIOS version A02.

My partition plans keeps hitting issues, and adding another bootable hard drive would be the simplest solution I can think of at this point.

nice context

Depends on what you would use it for.

Isn't it supposed to be 'small questions thread'?

Is there a null key I can set in AHK?

I'm using someone else code but I get errors if I try and remove the key bindings

Honeyview

No. It isn't. Go back to tumblr, P.C. police.

If you mean they have unrestricted physical access, they can pretty much do whatever they want unless you encrypt your system, which nobody does. Even then there's a good chance they could set up something to wait and harvest your password next time you log on. As far as "hacking" over the internet, it really depends on what vulnerabilities come up. Something in your network security, or browser, or system that hasn't been patched yet. The browser is the most likely point of attack. Javascript/java/flash are weak points. It's possible for you to visit a page and have no signs that it infected you. Windows also has a very high rate of infection from joining "free" wireless networks that are hosted by "hackers" to inject malware into your system. Also flash drives, although since autorun got turned off by default that's less common.

We should vote on it

Not sure if this is applicable to g, but here goes:

I want to buy a Twitter @. A good, short, real word. I've heard that there are lots of squatters who sell @s, but I have yet to find any. Yes, I know it's against Twitter's TOS. Do you have any ideas?

...aaaaaaaand I'm old.

Ok I don't see any thread or general for MPC-HC or other video players, I have sub files that go to certian episodes, everytime I drag it into MPC I get either offset or the wrong episode, google's giving me other odd answers refering to the database, but I just want to assign a video a subtitle file and have it play correctly

why do we use Dwight Schrute as the sqt mascot

QUESTION

Can I put windows on a new PC's internal HDD then move it to a SSD in the future?

Yes.
Macrium Reflect

Well I just used the scroll lock key.

It's a script that shows the volume level on the screen when you change it.

I control the volume with a macro on my mouse, is there any way to have this show up when the volume changes, instead of it waiting for you to press the hotkey it has set?

Using this - revision 3

autohotkey.com/board/topic/94165-simple-volume-osd/

Might as well add they're .srt files

I've been trying to install Windows 7 from USB and it gives me an error about needing device drivers. I made the usb bootable via Rufus. I've been googling around for days, tried external usb 3.0 driver creators with no success, I can't seem to disable 3.0 in my BIOS. Would an iso with service pack 1 and/or 2 fix my problem and if so where can I find them? A lot of the links I find on Google are removed.

How can I increase the file size of a PDF?

A stupid requirement asks me for files that have to be over 200kb but under 800kb

What distros have hot corners functions pre-installed? As far as I know, ElementaryOS, Deepin, all KDE5 desktops.
What else?

Rename them to the episode titles.

They're like that in the first place, this shit comes up

They're probably timed wrong. You can shift the times in Aegisub, but I'm not going to give you a tutorial on how to use it.

Is there supposed to be a small gap between 24pin connector and motherboard socket?

>Aegisub
I'll start there, thanks

You're not that guy from earlier asking about linux distros to copy drivers are you? I assume you have a skylake processor?

>WTFPL
Readtthe link I gave you to answer the question

No, push it down properly while supporting the mobo with your other hand so it doesn't bend. There should be this little clip in the middle of the connector, if it fits with the socket it's good.

about ssd and hdd on windows 10
i just bougt a laptop which didnt have ssd included so before isntalling windows i put ssd in it, installed windows in ssd and now hdd is still a system disc and is not usable. disc manager finds it, it's file system is fat32 while all other are ntfs. I can't format it. What do

Have you tried using USB 2.0 ports instead of 3.0?

No it's not me.

t. that guy from yesterday. [spoiler]fixed it btw[/spoiler]

Hm, the pc was delivered to me with it plugged in like that, i routed cable where i wanted and i couldnt get it in all the way. They clip didnt snap in. I didnt wanna push too hard because the whole thing was twisting.

I'm curios to know how you did it. Seems like something that might come up again.

Why is the Sony Xperia Z2 such a fragile piece of shit? I've had the thing for 18 months and the screen has cracked 6 times, even though I keep it in a protective case and look after it. I refuse to get insurance for it, which is admittedly a very bad decision which has cost me hundreds of pounds.

Will officially unlocking the Bootloader on my Redmeme delete my data?

All of a sudden after a windows update I am getting admin checks like this, and I think it's messing up some programs. How do I disable this shit altogether? And I already turned off UAC.

How do I spoof my GPS location for Pokémon go? Using mock locations kills GPS within the app and mock mock locations from xposed doesn't work.

I wanted to use USB Windows 7 installation tool from GIGABYTE, but every time I wanted to add drivers to the iso on the thumb drive it failed.

Here is the solution I used with the help of other user:
I took the cd that came with the mobo and copied it whole on the stick.
Then I booted from said USB stick, selected repair Windows installation, opened CMD from options there, and manually copied the cd contents to my HDD. Restarted PC, installed drivers and it works like a charm.

You need to take ownership of the root tree (or wherever is restricted) from the admin account.

howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/ - This is one solution. You can also do a registry hack to do it manually.

You bought a prebuilt or have it assembled for you? Does the computer work?

If its encrypted yes
Even if it isn't you should make a backup

Thank you. Would it be safe/is there any reason not to just do this in every directory on my C: drive? Like Program Files (x86), Program Files, and so on.

Cool. Thanks

HBO show? Just curious. You were likely caught because one of the seeds/peers were monitoring on behalf of the media network involved and logged your ip when your client tried connecting to aforementioned shill client

In general you don't want to remove security restrictions without a reason. They're put there in the first place to protect your system

>9/10
>fucking disgusting wooden doors ruin the picture

i have an i7-6700.
I only have 3.0 ports and can't disable them in my gigabyte BIOS.

Anyone got Samsung Galaxy J3 here? Good phone or not?

I'm blocking sites in my hosts file
do I have to put in just the domain
for example
127.0.0.1 9gag.com
or do I put in https, http, www, and www versions of the domain to make sure it is truly blocked?

Well I don't THINK slipstreaming updates would help, but it's possible. SP1 should be included in your iso anyway, although you could try and add the recent convenience rollup.

Have you tried this:

gigabytedaily.blogspot.com/2015/09/having-trouble-installing-windows-7-by.html

apparently the iso i used is 5 years old, going to try a new iso with all the packages included etc

Assembled for me. I dont know if it works yet because i have trouble finding active dvi-d to vga adapter, but i sure can hear fans and hard drive spinning.

You should definitely have SP1 included. But most other updates havent made it to install media unless you add them manually.

You can try downloading a more recent W7:

microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

And slipstream convenience rollup:

howtogeek.com/255540/the-last-windows-7-iso-youll-ever-need-how-to-slipstream-the-convenience-rollup/

But I'm not sure that's your problem. Did you check out that blogspot link?

Well, if it works, it works. I wouldn't worry about it.

This might sound a bit creepy, but I need to find someone online. I have their Ip address, area code, city, state, and first name. How do I put those together and find this person?

Get a subpoena for the ISP

I find your pic related disturbing.

Is i5-2500k still good? Will it finally be the bottleneck after I bought a 1060/RX480? I haven't OC'd it yet but I've bought this amazon.com/gp/product/B00BSKY1M4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also what should I be OCing it around?