Why do misogynistic open-source projects refuse to acknowledge the contributions of women unless they are 'coders'?

Why do misogynistic open-source projects refuse to acknowledge the contributions of women unless they are 'coders'?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/elfring?tab=overview&period=monthly
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>programming projects refuse to acknowledge non-programmers
Gee, I wonder.

this desu senpai

Shanley a cuck

How do they contribute if not as coders/programmers?
I don't get it

keeping the programmers from suicide by smiling at them from time to time

feminists always contribute they dont have to be coders duh

They are the ideas girls or make a nice icon

This is what happens when everyone gets a trophy children "grow up"

> (OP) (You)
>How do they contribute if not as coders/programmers?
>I don't get it
It's in the article, bro

>Besides the code, there are dozens of other functions that go into the continued fruition of free and open source software... the marketing and promotional aspects of large projects, the members of foundations and councils that promote a product or FOSS in general. Even more, the scores of those who work behind the scenes in organising events and conferences for products and services. Down to the people who attend these events, speakers and attendees alike. Even the people who download, use the software, and recommend it for others.

Show up and suck their dicks offline a couple times a month, and I am sure that they would be willing to add you to the list of contributors.

too bad Sup Forums already made the logo

>non-coding "contributors" on a software project
>probably bitching about trolls (idk, i'm not reading her shit)
>she is the real troll, wasting time and energy on trivial shit

she looks cute though, any pics of her asshole?

Why do these insane do-nothing women insist on inserting themselves into open source projects without knowing how to program?

What do they even gain?
It certainly can't be about the pateron money, because you can still make $1000/mo without going through the extra effort of writing stupid articles and effectively blacklisting your sorry ass from the industry.

probably just looking for a husband

Isn't Shanley a professional feminist (i.e. doesn't do anything useful to anyone then complains that the patriarchy is keeping her down) that got thoroughly wrecked by Milo the faggot?

feminists deserve to be recognized by simply existing

>shanley

Is she at it again?
It's almost like she learns JUST enough about a topic so she can complain about it.

They are social justice warriors. They are fighting the holy war of social injustice of patriarchy that's been oppressing womynkind since the beginning of time.

She seems unstable desu, tons of tweets just being a bitch and dumb things.

(you)
8/8 /thread

Shanely is unstable. Her ex-boyfriend was a troll who introduced her to online trolling. As a troll, he's not sorry for many things but introducing Shanely to trolling is one thing that he's sorry about.

By reposting their tweets, you're validating their opinions and continuing their vicious cycle of vitriol.

>mfw you don't need to be an sjw to shit up Github with "issues" from a bot

github.com/elfring?tab=overview&period=monthly

>It's in the article, bro
Next time link to it, bro

Didn't see the link in the image, only the text below. Thanks for the (You) anyway.
It still doesn't make any sense to deem users as contributors. That would only serve as a pseudo symbolism for "THE OPENNESS AND THE FREEDOM", something like "by the people for the people", "everything, by everyone" etc.
As for promoters/marketing, it's hard to say, but their "software contribution" still is null. I don't see how a coding based platform should give any credit. Maybe another platform that would focus more on the project as a project and not as "code" should do that, but that's not what github seems to me. Also, this marketing and organizing stuff can always make a website to put their name on. Github just doesn't seem the thing for them.

That shit belongs in the "special thanks to" section, desu.

>GROW A MOTHERFUCKING SPINE LINUX
What?

hahaha they want to be treated as serious grown ups
thats adorable, but no

No this is a scam. They know what they are doing.
End goal looks like to be able to become contributor to big project without actually doing anything and trying to trick employers that you have actually done something.

it was from that one time linus was being attacked for telling a female contributor to fuck off with her SJW agenda shit on the mailing lists.
This particular contributor had written a USB 3.0 driver or something and she keep pointing it out as if she had written this completely grandiose and seminal part of the kernel, when in reality, anyone could have written it.

And that's what she didn't understand, so she threw a bitch fit and wrote several hateful blogposts calling for linus to step down.

For what purpose?
Even if she managed to con her way into appearing like a contributor to X project, she still can't write code?

she ought to make a fork and code a spine in instead of complaining.

>I have contributed to x, y and z project as you can see here
>I'm also active member in programming communities

>No I don't have facebook and don't use github because they don't respect my freedom. You can clone my projects from my own git server here's the IP.

Which one gets hired?

>non-coding contributors to an open source project

Why would you put down programming experience for a non-programming position?

When she is in she will just ask coworkers for help and when they don't do her work for her she will tell the manager that they are harassing her and the can't do her job.

Apparently, people who download the software are contributors to that open source project.

Why did you all reply to this

- documentation
- testing
- graphics

You're so disconnected from the real world that you believe all the memes about women in tech.

Replying can serve no further purpose.

I'M HELPING

And translation, if it's something the project wants.

Next time. If you want to talk about the article, go to the article, press shift+f2, type "screenshot --fullpage" and hit enter.
Then you can upload the article here.

>could chose to show their contribution
would of banged :^)

>tfw hosting your own git repositories
Feels good not to be part of a cancerous society.